Page 43 of 130 FirstFirst ... 33404142434445465393 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

But seriously, how the f*** does Miami have so many 23+ year olds on their team?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    But seriously, how the f*** does Miami have so many 23+ year olds on their team?
    Seniors peaked late or good coaching turned nobodies into somebodies The thing with the 25 year old has happened before just not often.
    Last edited by BrickingStar; 02-09-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Had no idea Shane Larkin was Barry's son.

With the Heat making the Finals the last 2 years, and winning a title, and the Canes playing like a top 5 team, this is the most fun I've had as a Miami basketball fan.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    Seniors peaked late or good coaching turned nobodies into somebodies The thing with the 25 year old has happened before just not often.
    I know it happens, but to have so many on one team at the same time? That's just not something you see this day and age in college basketball.

Banned

I know it happens, but to have so many on one team at the same time? That's just not something you see this day and age in college basketball.
    Yeah I know, I think it's the change of the coaching scenery and we knows it's good. From door mat top a to 10 team (possibly top 5 after this). COTY
    Last edited by BrickingStar; 02-09-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    With the Heat making the Finals the last 2 years, and winning a title, and the Canes playing like a top 5 team, this is the most fun I've had as a Miami basketball fan.
    And this Free Agency coming up for our dolphins will make it even better for miami sports, book it

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    Yeah I know, I think it's the change of the coaching scenery and we knows it's good. From door man top a top 10 team (possibly top 5 after this). COTY
    It has to be the best story in college basketball. Losing to Florida Gulf Coast, dealing with sanctions, and losing Reggie Johnson to being a top 5 team, and potetial #1 team in the country.... it's magical.

Quote Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
    And this Free Agency coming up for our dolphins will make it even better for miami sports, book it
    Yah as much as I am enjoying this, I miss the Dolphins and Canes being good in football.

Banned

Yep but this trio of Reggie Johnson, Kadji, gamble is one of the most physical trios I've ever seen

lol, our starting PG, SG, and C had a combined 6 points on 3 for 14 shooting. That PG who is 6-0, 150 lbs soaking wet had 2 more rebounds (3 total) than our starting center.

Some of these guys just aren't ready for prime time. Some of them shouldn't even be on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
    Yep but this trio of Reggie Johnson, Kadji, gamble is one of the most physical trios I've ever seen
    Well sure, they're 3-5 years more physically developed than a lot of the players they're playing against.

It kind of reminds of me of some of the great teams you used to see in the 80's and 90's that had a bunch of grown ass men on the team before everyone that was anyone started leaving for the NBA after their freshman or sophomore season. Like dudes that I thought looked 25+ years old, except those teams are almost non-existent these days, so Miami stands out even more.

Seriously, Kadji, Gamble, and Johnson look like men playing against boys most games because, in a sense, they are men playing against boys. If Miami shoots the three ball well, I'm not sure any team in the country can beat them. Even then, they're so balanced and talented, they can still beat anyone in the country if they have an off 3P shooting game. They're legit national championship threats.
    Last edited by KG215; 02-09-2013 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    lol, our starting PG, SG, and C had a combined 6 points on 3 for 14 shooting. That PG who is 6-0, 150 lbs soaking wet had 2 more rebounds (3 total) than our starting center.

Some of these guys just aren't ready for prime time. Some of them shouldn't even be on the team.
    It's disheartening to see a UNC team with 2-3 players in the rotation that shouldn't ever step on the floor in a D1 basketball game wearing a UNC jersey. Jackson Simmons is Michael Copeland, except Copeland never played meaningful minutes. Simmons might be our most consistent post man. Paige should be Quentin Thomas, third string PG who sees maybe 5 minutes a game during his freshman season. I don't even know what a good comparison for Desmon Hubert is. He's not awful, because he's turned into a solid post defender when he's not playing against NBA sized frontlines like Miami.

I'll ask this again, even though he's really old, what do people think about Kadji as an NBA player?

He has an interesting game. Very athletic, can shoot the 3 well, great off the dribble, plays big... Still kind of reminds me of Channing Frye with more of a dribble game. Too bad he's older than Kevin Durant. I would still take a risk drafting him.

And because this continues to keep me awake at nights... Up until the Miami game, the UNC starting lineup efficiency in ACC action:

.................................................. .........Minutes.......Off Eff...Def Eff....Net Eff.
    Paige-Strick-Bullock-McAdoo-Hubert.............67. 7.........77.6......84.3.......-6.7
    Obviously it's going to be worse after this game since that starting lineup got outscored by 18 in the first few minutes of each half. Then what ever happened inbetween, which wasn't good either.

If you are wondering, higher offensive efficiency the better. Lower on defense the better. I'd say about 100 is "average" for offense. Maybe mid 90s for defense is "average".

I mean how bad off an offensive unit do you have to be to be playing such good defense and still have a negative net efficiency?

Also the other numbers which I didn't post continue to prove that Strickland and Paige SHOULD NOT be on the floor at the same time. NEVER. Paige with two shooters is fine. Strickland at PG with two shooters is even better. Together the team is in the freaking negatives!

I'm exhausted thinking about it because Roy isn't going to change the lineup. But that's not going to stop me from harping over this.

His decision to give Paige the starting position after seeing a few practices was a huge mistake. Dex starting would split minutes between those two (a good thing) at PG and open up the wing minutes for PJ (a great thing). Now we have a log jam at the position where our two best players reside. Of course both can't start because Roy isn't benching Dex.. And the most important position on team has a guy not ready for the physical aspect of the college game.

I realize the latter portion of this post came off as jibber jabber and I don't give a ****. I'm fed up with this team and the handling of it.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 02-09-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I know Reggie Johnson was out, but damn, that Indiana State win over Miami might be what gets em in the tourney