Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 01-27-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
stoopidraptor
Kids at the park dunk on me

stoopidraptor has an OK reputation so far
Talking I don't get it????

Every Spurs fan on this board wants to trade someone and get a little quality in return...okay..let's break it down..

Who do you give up for any of these two players? and what benefit is it for either of the teams...?

- MP3 (Mo Pete of the Toronto Raptors), what are the Spurs giving up to get this guy, forget the stat sheet, the raps are aware of Peterson's abilities and what he can do for a playoff team...so what do you give up...keep in mind they have 2 point guards that really can play...., they have Bosh and the Rookie of the Year backing him up... Anthony Parker, Joey Graham, Fred Jones (who isn't getting playing time), Rasho (thanks for giving him up) and Garbo (who was Rookie of the month for December).

- Corrie Magette, he doesn't want to play there, so you'll know that, but so do the other 29 teams in the NBA... what do you'll give up for a talent like Magette....c'mon...make a statement...give up something of value...
stoopidraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:22 PM   #2
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: I don't get it????

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopidraptor
Every Spurs fan on this board wants to trade someone and get a little quality in return...okay..let's break it down..

Who do you give up for any of these two players? and what benefit is it for either of the teams...?

- MP3 (Mo Pete of the Toronto Raptors), what are the Spurs giving up to get this guy, forget the stat sheet, the raps are aware of Peterson's abilities and what he can do for a playoff team...so what do you give up...keep in mind they have 2 point guards that really can play...., they have Bosh and the Rookie of the Year backing him up... Anthony Parker, Joey Graham, Fred Jones (who isn't getting playing time), Rasho (thanks for giving him up) and Garbo (who was Rookie of the month for December).

- Corrie Magette, he doesn't want to play there, so you'll know that, but so do the other 29 teams in the NBA... what do you'll give up for a talent like Magette....c'mon...make a statement...give up something of value...

Can't trade for HEART so I am unsure a trade is what we need.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
Can't trade for HEART so I am unsure a trade is what we need.

I don't think we can trade without giving up a critical piece. We just need for everybody not to go cold at the same time. I am liking how the offense has been running through Duncan a little more and how aggressive he's playing lately.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:02 AM   #4
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

our biggest problem is scoring droughts. we go on these runs, up by 10-15 and then we hit this slump. that 4-5 minute stretch where we cannot score kills us.

what we desperately need is a CONSISTENT SCORER who can make plays and get some points on the board.

unfortunately we have players with NO trade value. we have parker but if we trade him, no backup. the only person we can get some value for is manu, and the city of san antonio loves him because hes latin.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #5
TheArgentineMan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TheArgentineMan has an OK reputation so far

Spurs need young people too, they are getting old

Horry and Bowen are getting old...Duncan is almost there...Ginobili turns 30 this year..jesus christ
TheArgentineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: