Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

is it true kupchak wanted to pick sean may but the buss' said theywanted to pick bynum?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
    Pau Gasol was going to be traded before the deadline to the Bulls, but the Grizzlies wanted both Gordon and Deng and Bulls said they could only have one of those players, that's the only reason he's still a Grizzly right now.

He's not happy there, he doesn't want to be on a rebuilding team while he is in his prime. We could trade Bynum + filler for Gasol in the offseason if Jerry West accepts the offer, but Kupchak has already stated that Bynum is untouchable so I don't see it happening no matter how the Laker season turns out.

The whole point of playing in the NBA is to try to win a title, it's obvious that the Lakers can't even contend for it for the next few years unless they get some help, so why not try to contend now while you have some major pieces (Kobe, Phil) instead of gambling with a 19 year old that might or might not pan out. Then what? You're going to look back and say "If the Lakers had traded Bynum for Gasol back then when it was possible, we could have had a real shot at a title."

Yeah but you're dealing with Jerry West, who knows the Los Angeles Lakers inside and out. You really think he's going to trade Pau Gasol for Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum??? He's not going to. He probably laughed at that idea.

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LakerRaider
    Yeah but you're dealing with Jerry West, who knows the Los Angeles Lakers inside and out. You really think he's going to trade Pau Gasol for Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum??? He's not going to. He probably laughed at that idea.
    He would definitely trade Gasol for Odom/Bynum. You get one borderline all star and another future all-star as so many of you like to think. Most people (non Laker fans) think that a Odom/Bynum for KG trade is fair to both teams, and Gasol isn't KG.

Superstar

In the summer, Jerry West called the Lakers one of the most talented teams in the league.

Btw, West is gone from Memphis. The new owners dont want him

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    In the summer, Jerry West called the Lakers one of the most talented teams in the league.

Btw, West is gone from Memphis. The new owners dont want him

Jerry West was just being nice. He's had history with the Los Angeles Lakers. He's the logo. His jersey is retired at Staples Center. He's not going to blast the Los Angeles Lakers. If he did blast the Los Angeles Lakers, it would make him look bitter because of his departure from the Los Angeles Lakers General Manager job

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
    He would definitely trade Gasol for Odom/Bynum. You get one borderline all star and another future all-star as so many of you like to think. Most people (non Laker fans) think that a Odom/Bynum for KG trade is fair to both teams, and Gasol isn't KG.

Lamar Odom has had troubles with inconsistencies throughout his career. He's having a hard time convincing a lot of Los Angeles Lakers fans that he's a legit second option considering how inconsistent he is. Trust me, consistency and assertiveness are issues he's been dealing with ever since his days at the University of Rhode Island.

Lamar Odom is a good player, but he's not a right fit for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Where oh where did anybody mention Andrew Bynum as a future All-Star??? There you go misunderstanding things again.

Jerry Buss would, absolutely, in no way, shape, or form, agree to this trade.

Superstar

Lamar Odom has had troubles with inconsistencies throughout his career. He's having a hard time convincing a lot of Los Angeles Lakers fans that he's a legit second option considering how inconsistent he is. Trust me, consistency and assertiveness are issues he's been dealing with ever since his days at the University of Rhode Island.

Lamar Odom is a good player, but he's not a right fit for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Where oh where did anybody mention Andrew Bynum as a future All-Star??? There you go misunderstanding things again.

Jerry Buss would, absolutely, in no way, shape, or form, agree to this trade.
    Why would Jerry Buss not agree to this if Odom is inconsistent and Bynum wont be an all star?
    Last edited by hotsizzle; 03-08-2007 at 02:27 AM.

shhhhhhh

I just love all these people that say he sucks! he sucks! lets trade him for an all star... if he sucks then all you get for him is another player that sucks, you can't have it both ways... lets trade him for KG seems to be a fairly common cry, if he is so bad why would the wolves take him?

all you folks who are so quick to get on bynums band wagon then jump off again when he doesn't play well need to look at the bigger picture...

some say he doesn't have any basketball iq, where was that supposed to come from when bynum played less than 35 games in his high school career? he missed half his senoir year due to an injury, in high school he dealt with very few kids taller than 6'5'' now he's going up against men, not boys
    last season he played in 46 games averaging 7 minutes a game, usually in garbage time, so this season alone he is averaging three times the minutes and close to playing in more games in this one season than his whole high school and his first in the nba combined... add to that the practice time the travel and, i'm quite certain fatigue is playing a hand in his spotty play

When the lakers drafted him mitch and jackson said they thought it would be a few years before he showed what he had going for him, in traing camp phil jackson had said time and time again he never expected bynum to carry any sort of work load for a couple years and he was hoping to get him in for a few minutes a game to keep him developing, remember big men take longer to develop, most experts i have heard say 24 years of age is about when he'd be hitting his stride... due to injuries this year the lakers have been forced to play him more than they ever meant for him to be playing... the big question is, if he sucks so bad and all you ish experts that think he's worthless, ask yourself why is it everytime a trade is talked about the other teams make bynum part of the package?

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    I just love all these people that say he sucks! he sucks! lets trade him for an all star... if he sucks then all you get for him is another player that sucks, you can't have it both ways... lets trade him for KG seems to be a fairly common cry, if he is so bad why would the wolves take him?

all you folks who are so quick to get on bynums band wagon then jump off again when he doesn't play well need to look at the bigger picture...

some say he doesn't have any basketball iq, where was that supposed to come from when bynum played less than 35 games in his high school career? he missed half his senoir year due to an injury, in high school he dealt with very few kids taller than 6'5'' now he's going up against men, not boys
    last season he played in 46 games averaging 7 minutes a game, usually in garbage time, so this season alone he is averaging three times the minutes and close to playing in more games in this one season than his whole high school and his first in the nba combined... add to that the practice time the travel and, i'm quite certain fatigue is playing a hand in his spotty play

When the lakers drafted him mitch and jackson said they thought it would be a few years before he showed what he had going for him, in traing camp phil jackson had said time and time again he never expected bynum to carry any sort of work load for a couple years and he was hoping to get him in for a few minutes a game to keep him developing, remember big men take longer to develop, most experts i have heard say 24 years of age is about when he'd be hitting his stride... due to injuries this year the lakers have been forced to play him more than they ever meant for him to be playing... the big question is, if he sucks so bad and all you ish experts that think he's worthless, ask yourself why is it everytime a trade is talked about the other teams make bynum part of the package?

Just for the record, I'm not saying he sucks...but I just don't want to wait until he becomes what hes projected to be. Like I said, what if he becomes a Gasol? why not have Gasol right now if we can?

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Why would Jerry Buss not agree to this if Odom is inconsistent and Bynum wont be an all star?
    He probably meant Jerry West. If Bynum is the deal-breaker in a trade for a HOF PG then he can easily land us Gasol, especially if Odom is included. Keep in mind that Gasol also wants out and what other offers can the Grizzlies get that are better than this? If people don't think Bynum will be an all-star then why not trade him for a legit star and contend now instead of being stuck in mediocrity for the next few years? It just doesn't make any sense.

Local High School Star

I meant to write Jerry West. Different Jerry.

shhhhhhh

Just for the record, I'm not saying he sucks...but I just don't want to wait until he becomes what hes projected to be. Like I said, what if he becomes a Gasol? why not have Gasol right now if we can?
    I agree with what your saying to some extent, my problem with any type trade is when you look at the roster if you have to give up 3 players like odom, walton and bynum for one all star it leaves the team with two allstars and a whole lot of bench players that literally wouldn't start on most teams.. so if you do that you still have to dip into the free agent market just to replentish the roster...i'd much rather see the lakers go after a rashard lewis (just an example) level free agent in the off season and move some of the role players in trades instead... bynum takes up little salary cap space, doesn't eat much and is house trained so i'm not so quick to move him, but if the right deal did come up, i'm not so in love with him that i'd be against a trade just not at the level that the nets wanted for kidd...

National High School Star

Bynum has a TON to learn still. He looks promising, but I think fans thought way way too much of him when he played some good games earlier. He needs to work on passing, decision making, setting screens, his defense is bad (although he has been impressive at blocking on help D) being in the right place on offense and defense etc. etc. He'll get better, but people were just overrating him early on. Nobody had any film on him earlier this year, now they know what to expect to how to exploit him better.

National High School Star

As far as trading him...If he is the difference between getting a superstar or not, than you should probably trade him. The Lakers should offer him along with Odom and extras and try to get KG. Kobe isn't going to go deep into the playoffs without another very good all star on the team. You need to remember that when Bynum is 24 years old, Kobe will be 33...These years right now and just a total waste of Kobe's prime...the Laker front office has just made a lot of bad decisions... This coming off season is when they need to make a real serious move. Kwame will be an expiring contract after next year so he'll be very very easy to trade...Brian Grants contract will be off the books, Odom will still have value and Bynum will be wanted by a lot of teams if they dangle him.

Kinda off topic but is a center like bynum even that useful in the triangle offense???