Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #91
TrueDiesel3
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
You just said that ^^



You said that earlier.

gtfo
Oh ok, it's ok when you say Ben when it's not all that close, but It's not ok when I say It's Rivers when it's not all that close. It's Rivers and It's close there is my final answer, go ahead and keep whining, while me and Posterize will keep owning your pathetic arguments.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #92
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,035
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Did I say Ben and it's not close? Seriously, please direct me to the post where I said this.

Please.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #93
TrueDiesel3
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
R
With all that said, Roethlisberger had better stats last year, had another year that rivals Rivers best in 07 I believe. So really, Rivers has nothing over Roethlisberger. He doesn't win more, doesn't have better stats (even though he is suppose to) and he isn't more clutch or a better leader on the field.
But yeah, when you say something like that, obviously you mean it's close.

Too bad you've been owned so hard this entire time. Rivers plays in San Diego! Well Rivers is better on the road. Rivers sucks in the red-zone! Well Rivers is better than Ben at it.

Bring it on, bcecause you have nothing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #94
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,035
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

So now you're putting words in my mouth?

GTFO
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #95
TrueDiesel3
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
So now you're putting words in my mouth?

GTFO
u mad? Yeah probably, sounds like you have no more arguments for Ben over Rivers, everybody has owned you. You thought Roethlisberger was better in the red-zone, false. You thought Roethlisberger was better because he played in Pittsburgh, well it turns out Rivers plays better on the road. You have nothing, it's kind of sad.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #96
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,035
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

I said Ben was better than Rivers in the red-zone?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #97
MK2V1GP
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,742
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Wow. you guys are STILL going at this? Lol.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #98
TrueDiesel3
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Wow. you guys are STILL going at this? Lol.
You probably have more credibility than Carbine, who's better Rivers or Ben to you?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:05 PM   #99
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-
 
-playmaker-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 8,344
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDiesel3
You probably have more credibility than Carbine, who's better Rivers or Ben to you?
as much as I hate to say this...probably Ben

many might disagree with my way of thinking, but in my book, rings are a legit stat for the QB position...

ONLY the QB position though...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 12:26 AM   #100
jazz873
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,442
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Call me crazy i just don't see what the big deal is about ben. Even after he ripped apart my defense
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #101
OptimusPrime1
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
as much as I hate to say this...probably Ben

many might disagree with my way of thinking, but in my book, rings are a legit stat for the QB position...

ONLY the QB position though...
Wouldn't that mean Brady is better than Manning though?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:42 AM   #102
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-
 
-playmaker-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 8,344
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime1
Wouldn't that mean Brady is better than Manning though?
Brady is possibly washed up and done though (or maybe not at all)...if Ben had gone through a missed year and returned with a subpar performance by his standards then it would be different...

also I didn't say rings are the ONLY stat...just a legit stat for QBs in my book...and some rings are more important than others...depending on the defense and all that...

it just is undeniable proof that a QB can win it all...and a QB is almost always the head of the team...with maybe a few exceptions...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #103
MK2V1GP
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,742
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDiesel3
You probably have more credibility than Carbine, who's better Rivers or Ben to you?

Honestly? I've been staying out of the discussion because I honestly have no idea.

I mean, it's not like the Steelers won two SBs SOLELY BECAUSE of Ben. They won their first in despite Ben's play. You put Philip Rivers in Roethlisberger's place and I'm sure they still win 2 or 3 SBs.


But honestly, I have no idea. They are different QBs. If I HAD to choose one QB to lead my team right now, it'd be Rivers. But that doesn't mean that's who I think is the best QB.


MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #104
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES
 
Skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,534
Default Re: Top 10 Quaterbacks in the NFL....

my top 5 probs

Manning
Brees
Brady
Rivers
Favre
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy