Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 06-28-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
AI09
Sixers Dynasty

Default 76ers 2007 Official Draft Thread

All posts about the 76ers draft will be in this thread
things like

*Players we select
*Trades
*Rumors
*Toughts etc

Picks we have
First Round
12th
21th
30th
2nd Round
38th

Hopefully we move into the top 10
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:48 PM   #2
Odenorbust
I rule the local playground

Default Re: 76ers 2007 Official Draft Thread

THIS FREAKING SUCKS

BILLY KING didn't work "feverishly" to get a trade. He's rather sit on his fat butt and freaking watch as we get another half decent player to add to our freaking mediocre. I hate this I hate this and I'm so sick of this it's not even fair. and you know what? Thadd Young is a great pick here.. but we shouldn't be happy at all. Billy King Did nothing. We could have traded up, but we didn't because he doesn't have any guts.
Odenorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:36 PM   #3
the big stick
Learning to shoot layups

I disagree I think King tried trading but no takers. With the cash they got from Miami, they will be able to get some flexibility. Lets see what they do with the next pick.
the big stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:45 PM   #4
AI09
Sixers Dynasty

thad young
trading cook and pick for jason smith WOW
this finland scrub to leave overseas omg
38th better be good
Old 06-28-2007, 11:32 PM   #5
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

I would have rather had Thornton, but Thad Young was my second choice.

I love Smith at 21, but taking Cook scared the $hit outta me. We did NOT need him, but Smith is a great value and fills a need. I guess King thought about him at 12(<- edit)...

We traded Koponen for 42 and cash, so we got our cash back from the Heat trade. We take Byars there, so now we have a big time logjam at wing, but he was a very good value. Young is a big upgrade to Carney and Byars is a big upgrade to Jones, so hopefully we get rid of both of em. Iguodala, Korver, Young and Byars on the wings is a good foursome...

Fesenko is a project, but in the 2nd round why not?

overall, we could've done a little better but i like it

Last edited by sixerfan3511 : 06-29-2007 at 06:26 AM.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:24 AM   #6
AI09
Sixers Dynasty

Byars saved our draft really from BAD draft to ok draft
sure hes a wing but at if you have a chance at a 20-30th pick at 42 you take it.

our line up for next year
Miller/Lou/Ollie
Iggy/Green/
Carney/Korver/Thad Young/Byars/Jones
Shav/Joe Smith/Jason Smith
Sammy D/Hunter

i say we make a deal like
Carney and Jones that euro guy we took to Portland for Frye? seeing how they have aldridge and frye now

our new line up for next year
Miller/Lou/Ollie
Iggy/Green/
Korver/Thad Young/Byars
Frye/Shav/Jason Smith
Sammy D/Hunter

trading for frye means we dont have to resign joe smith OR we sign and trade him in that deal with POR and they add a PG since they have Jack Francis Rodrguez Taureen Green
Old 06-29-2007, 12:44 AM   #7
titeslicksta
Saw a basketball once

weak draft for the sixers. they had the opportunity to create a better offense and instead they took another d-league project in thaddeus young. Al Thornton was there and they passed. Bad GM move by Billy King as usual. Thaddeus Young will be straight in a few years, but he isnt instant offense like Thornton is.

The rest of the draft was just annoying to watch. Jason Smith is an ok pick, but its really not gonna do much for the sixers current state. And who even knows about that guy who was the 2nd player EVER from Finland. Not only that, they traded up one spot with their 21st pick, and got rid of their 38th. JUst stupidity.
titeslicksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:04 AM   #8
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by titeslicksta
weak draft for the sixers. they had the opportunity to create a better offense and instead they took another d-league project in thaddeus young. Al Thornton was there and they passed. Bad GM move by Billy King as usual. Thaddeus Young will be straight in a few years, but he isnt instant offense like Thornton is.

The rest of the draft was just annoying to watch. Jason Smith is an ok pick, but its really not gonna do much for the sixers current state. And who even knows about that guy who was the 2nd player EVER from Finland. Not only that, they traded up one spot with their 21st pick, and got rid of their 38th. JUst stupidity.

we didn't get rid of 38...we took Fesenko. The Finland guy got us Byars, and we don't have a guaranteed contract now...Smith is a good value at 21...and Thad Young has the potential to be very good with Iggy
Old 06-29-2007, 01:05 AM   #9
AI09
Sixers Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by titeslicksta

first they traded that guy from finland for cash and the 42nd pick whitch ended up to be Derrick Byars(a 20-30 pick who fell)

2nd they didnt get rid of there 38th pick they drafted a overseas guy who will stay overseas

Players they got draft day

Thad Young
Jason Smith
Fezenko from Ukraine (will stay overseas)
Derrick Byars

i wouldve taken Julian Wright instead of Thad Young but it was a decent draft for us after we got a steal with byars. if we didnt get byars that far our draft wouldve sucked big time but you cant really say that untill u see what Thad young becomes in 3-5 years
Old 06-29-2007, 12:08 PM   #10
hateraid
Is it in you?

Thad Young is a stud boys and girls. Didn't shine first year in college but has a higher ceiling than most of the guys mentioned and drafted after. Think Gerald Wallace impact wise.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:56 PM   #11
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Thad Young is a stud boys and girls. Didn't shine first year in college but has a higher ceiling than most of the guys mentioned and drafted after. Think Gerald Wallace impact wise.

except he's a way better scorer
Old 06-30-2007, 01:39 AM   #12
iggy_needs_help
Not airballing my layups anymore

Thumbs up Re: 76ers 2007 Official Draft Thread

[quote=AI09]Byars saved our draft really from BAD draft to ok draft
sure hes a wing but at if you have a chance at a 20-30th pick at 42 you take it.

i say we make a deal like
Carney and Jones that euro guy we took to Portland for Frye? seeing how they have aldridge and frye now

trading for frye means we dont have to resign joe smith OR we sign and trade him in that deal with POR and they add a PG since they have Jack Francis Rodrguez Taureen Green

Well said. I was really happy when we picked Byars at 42 (Although it is another wing to add to the mix). I also really like frye at the 4. He would be a HUGE upgrade to Joe Smith.
iggy_needs_help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:34 PM   #13
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Andre Miller/Louis Williams/Kevin Ollie
Andre Igoudala/Willie Green/Derrick Byars
Kyle Korver/Rodney Carney/Thaddeus Young/Bobby Jones
Steven Hunter/Shavlick Randolph/Louis Amundson/Herbert Hill
Samuel Dalembert/Jason Smith

Thats 16 players. Expect a trade and a different look in roster. I wouldnt mind bringing back Joe Smith but would prefer Joe Smith go to a NBA title contender. Go for a ring. Guys on the trade block that I know of are Steven Hunter and Willie Green. This has been reported by Phil Jasner, John Smallwood. This was at seasons end.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:33 PM   #14
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Andre Miller/Louis Williams/Kevin Ollie
Andre Igoudala/Willie Green/Derrick Byars
Kyle Korver/Rodney Carney/Thaddeus Young/Bobby Jones
Steven Hunter/Shavlick Randolph/Louis Amundson/Herbert Hill
Samuel Dalembert/Jason Smith

Thats 16 players. Expect a trade and a different look in roster. I wouldnt mind bringing back Joe Smith but would prefer Joe Smith go to a NBA title contender. Go for a ring. Guys on the trade block that I know of are Steven Hunter and Willie Green. This has been reported by Phil Jasner, John Smallwood. This was at seasons end.

Amundson isn't gonna be on our team, so that's 15. If u put Amundson there, then u shoulda put Alan Henderson too. But i hope we get rid of at least Bobby Jones and/or Carney, and either add a pg, draft pick(s) or a semi young big
Old 07-01-2007, 12:01 AM   #15
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
Amundson isn't gonna be on our team, so that's 15. If u put Amundson there, then u shoulda put Alan Henderson too. But i hope we get rid of at least Bobby Jones and/or Carney, and either add a pg, draft pick(s) or a semi young big

Amundson is a free agent, thought sixers kept him. Why would i put Alan Henderson? He's garbage. Howard Eskin reported Rodney Carney is rumored to be moved before the season starts.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: