Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-04-2008, 07:35 AM   #1
MBC2K4
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default When Bynum comes back...

I say we bring him off the bench with the second unit in the playoffs. I really think that would be best for the team this year. That way he can focus his attention on being a rebounding & defensive force and let his offense slowly come back to him as he feels his knee out and gets back into game rythem.

We went something like 16-3 with Odom at PF and Gasol at C, so it's not like we can't win games with that lineup. Plus, I think it'd hurt team chemistry and rythem to insert Bynum in at C and move Odom and Gasol both to new positions this late in the year.

There's nothing sluggish at all about a starting lineup that features Fisher, Bryant, Radmanovic, Odom, and Gasol. I think adding Bynum to our second unit with guys like Farmar, Walton, Vujacic, and Turiaf will only make our bench that much deeper and stronger come playoff time.
MBC2K4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
SCV42
Buck Foston

Default Re: When Bynum comes back...

Yeah, pretty much agree with you here. I feel they should begin his comeback off the bench so he is not winded and gets comfortable gradually playing alongside Pau and certainly to insure that we don't risk injury. However, after a few games in the first round of the playoffs, I would like to see us gain some steam in terms of the team firing on all cylinders-I wanna see Bynum in there, man! I want to see that, if at full strength, the Lakers truly have the capacity to deliver the beatdowns that we all know they have the POTENTIAL to do.

The Lakers have the most interchangeable parts in the NBA when healthy. Wanna go small? FINE. Wanna load up the block with big men? CHECK. Wanna play a slow-paced ugly game. THAT'S AFFIRMATIVE (we surely know they've played too many of those, but can still win). And what really impresses me about our big men is that they are young, in their primes, and move pretty well. When Bynum comes back, it's gonna get very interesting for years to come.

The suspense of getting a chance to see the starting five healthy is killing me. And as mouthwatering as that is, the bench will be that much stronger. In fact, I think there are a few teams in this league that would trade their starting five for our new and improved upcoming bench (...Waiting for some of you skeptical fans to start piling on...). Bynum moves everyone down a spot. The more minutes he is in there, the more it will help the defense.

And I won't even mention Bynum's impact on offense.
Go freakin' Lakers............................................ ........
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

When he returns, he will be brought off the bench and then eventually start.

We need size from all positions if we're going to compete. Bynum looks like the type of player who's defense will make a huge impact in the post season and it won't be smart to have our second Unit, which is a running team, get slowed down by Bynum's slower play.

I trust Phil and the coaching staff will create the best rotations come playoff time.

I hope ariza gets back soon too.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

When is Bynum coming back again?
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: