Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-08-2008, 11:52 PM   #16
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Default Re: 2008 Draft Sleepers

Sasha Kaun. He is the perfect backup center for any team. He is big, strong, can rebound and play solid defense. He doesn't have an amazing back to the basket game, but he has solid foot work and can develop that. Has a strong 10-12 year career in the NBA ahead if he stays heathly. Could even turn into a solid starter if he was able to find some what of a touch around the basket.

Darnell Jackson. His stock went up a lot during the regular season and kind of dropped in the tournament. He is pretty consistant and is still pretty new to the game - started early high school.

Brandon Rush. Big strong 2 guard. Great shooter, under rated defensive player. If he is able to become more agressive he would have the potential to be an All-Star type of player. I see Jerry Stackhouse in him - just a great all around player, might not do 1 thing amazing, but does everything great.

Yes all 3 are Jayhawks. :)
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 04:40 AM   #17
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

davon jefferson sf from usc is a player nobody seems to be talking about, but probobly should

the guy can flat out play- and he does it nba stlye- above the rim, with plenty of size and athletisism- has all the tools to be a defensive star at the sf position as well as being a great finisher with some pretty solid ball skills

i believe that jefferson will step into someone's rotation from day one and could be really scary if he ends up in a good situation for him- this guy taking(long term if not sooner) bruce bowens spot could be the perfect pick if he were to last all the way to the spurs- i also see him as a good fit as early as the raptors- also imo would be a new and improved posey for the celts

bottom line is i think jefferson should go at least 15-20 but could well fall to late first and could be a great pick for almost anyteam
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:19 AM   #18
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Nikola Pekovic. I don't really know why is he so underrated, he's most dominant european center and only 21-22 years old + he could play PF at next level. 6'11, strong, athletic, really improved his scoring this year (he got better in all stats but scoring is what he improved most). He is projected 35th overall on nbadraft.net and 42th overall on draftexpress.com but I really don't see his downside...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #19
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qlippers
The opinion on Danilo is far and wide. He either remembers ppl of Toni Kucoc, Bargani or A combination of both players. He can shoot, but he's not a great 3pt shooter. He can dribble, post up and good vision. He's not laterally quick on D but he plays smart D.

As for my sleeper, it's Courtney Lee. He's just a scorer.

Tks for the help
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:46 PM   #20
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:32 PM   #21
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
davon jefferson sf from usc is a player nobody seems to be talking about, but probobly should

the guy can flat out play- and he does it nba stlye- above the rim, with plenty of size and athletisism- has all the tools to be a defensive star at the sf position as well as being a great finisher with some pretty solid ball skills

i believe that jefferson will step into someone's rotation from day one and could be really scary if he ends up in a good situation for him- this guy taking(long term if not sooner) bruce bowens spot could be the perfect pick if he were to last all the way to the spurs- i also see him as a good fit as early as the raptors- also imo would be a new and improved posey for the celts

bottom line is i think jefferson should go at least 15-20 but could well fall to late first and could be a great pick for almost anyteam

agreed. i think he should go higher than that though. i'd take him in the top 10 if i was a gm.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 12:39 PM   #22
monthh
Local High School Star

I would not be surprised to see Jefferson move up with workouts. He is going to be a good workout player. He will be a guy coaches will like for the most part. Of course I also need to point out that teams will make him shoot in those workouts. He really isn't an outside shooter. If he has worked on his shots and they are falling, I could see him moving up into the late lottery/mid-1st. If his shots aren't falling, though, teams will see him more of a project and he will probably go in the 20's.

It is kind of sad because the 3pt shot really takes the flow out of games, but right now that is a huge chunk of the NBA right now. Teams want at least 3 players on the court at all times that can at least be decent from 3.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:39 PM   #23
Efunk7
Serious playground baller

jr giddens, brandon rush, sonny weems...
Efunk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: