Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 11-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Timberwolves today

Home Sweet Home
After playing four of their first five games on the road, the Wolves will play five of their next seven contests at home, starting with Saturday's 7 p.m. game against the Orlando Magic. It's Military Appreciation Night, so all military personnel and veterans can claim one free $24 ticket by showing their military ID at the box office. The game will honor a Purple Heart medal recipient between the first and second quarters as this game kicks off Operation Minnesota Heroes, which honors our military throughout the month of November.

After the Orlando game, Portland (Nov. 14), New Orleans/Oklahoma City (Nov. 18), New York (Nov. 22) and the Los Angeles Clippers (Nov. 25) will all make trips to Target Center. Sandwiched between those games are road games in Cleveland (Nov. 17) and New Orleans/Oklahoma City (Nov. 24).

Mr. Smith at the Top
Timberwolves rookie forward Craig Smith is currently fourth in rookie scoring average at 10.2 points per game. He is joined by Adam Morrison (15.0), Brandon Roy (14.5) and Rudy Gay (11.2) as the only rookies scoring in double figures each night. The 6'7" forward out of Boston College is also among the field goal percentage leaders by converting 23 of 36 shots for a 63.9 percentage. Smith came to Wolves as the 36th selection in the 2006 NBA Draft.

Foye Picking Up the Pace
Randy Foye has averaged 10 points over his last two games while averaging about 16 minutes in those contests. Minnesota's first round selection in this year's draft scored eight points against Sacramento on Monday and followed it up with 12 points at the Lakers on Tuesday. Foye has also contributed five steals in those two games while turning the ball over just once.

Jamestown
Since scoring six points on opening night, Mike James has been in double-figures in each of the following four games. He's averaged 17.5 points in those games on the Wolves' west coast trip, including a season-high 23 points on Monday against the Kings. Also over that time, James has shot 86.7 percent (13-15) at the free throw line.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:51 PM   #2
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Home Sweet Home
After playing four of their first five games on the road, the Wolves will play five of their next seven contests at home, starting with Saturday's 7 p.m. game against the Orlando Magic. It's Military Appreciation Night, so all military personnel and veterans can claim one free $24 ticket by showing their military ID at the box office. The game will honor a Purple Heart medal recipient between the first and second quarters as this game kicks off Operation Minnesota Heroes, which honors our military throughout the month of November.

After the Orlando game, Portland (Nov. 14), New Orleans/Oklahoma City (Nov. 18), New York (Nov. 22) and the Los Angeles Clippers (Nov. 25) will all make trips to Target Center. Sandwiched between those games are road games in Cleveland (Nov. 17) and New Orleans/Oklahoma City (Nov. 24).

Mr. Smith at the Top
Timberwolves rookie forward Craig Smith is currently fourth in rookie scoring average at 10.2 points per game. He is joined by Adam Morrison (15.0), Brandon Roy (14.5) and Rudy Gay (11.2) as the only rookies scoring in double figures each night. The 6'7" forward out of Boston College is also among the field goal percentage leaders by converting 23 of 36 shots for a 63.9 percentage. Smith came to Wolves as the 36th selection in the 2006 NBA Draft.

Foye Picking Up the Pace
Randy Foye has averaged 10 points over his last two games while averaging about 16 minutes in those contests. Minnesota's first round selection in this year's draft scored eight points against Sacramento on Monday and followed it up with 12 points at the Lakers on Tuesday. Foye has also contributed five steals in those two games while turning the ball over just once.

Jamestown
Since scoring six points on opening night, Mike James has been in double-figures in each of the following four games. He's averaged 17.5 points in those games on the Wolves' west coast trip, including a season-high 23 points on Monday against the Kings. Also over that time, James has shot 86.7 percent (13-15) at the free throw line.
Yeah, wait until our bench players build chemistry and away we fly because we know Foye will blossom in the next couple games.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
04mzwach

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Home Sweet Home

Mr. Smith at the Top

Foye Picking Up the Pace

Jamestown
Yeah, wait until our bench players build chemistry and away we fly because we know Foye will blossom in the next couple games.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:37 PM   #4
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

mike james isnt really doing that well...we're giving him too much minuites while foye should be the one getting them all, i cant wait till we trade him (hopfully) and blount(hopfully) for a decent center
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:47 PM   #5
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

what center is out there thats available?
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:08 PM   #6
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
what center is out there thats available?
well we can hope that the miami managment goes crazy and gives us alonzo mourning or we can get one from the D-ledgue
Old 11-11-2006, 01:57 PM   #7
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Im so frustrated, I cant take another year of this. Casey needs to smarten up. PLAY FOYE 30 MPG. PLAY SMITH 30 MPG. Give your young guys minutes so they can get mroe experience and PT and let those bums SIT ON THE BENCH. If this continues, Im going to go insane. Our franchise is top 3 worst run in the league right now, and probably has an argument for the absolute worst.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:47 PM   #8
04mzwach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Im so frustrated, I cant take another year of this. Casey needs to smarten up. PLAY FOYE 30 MPG. PLAY SMITH 30 MPG. Give your young guys minutes so they can get mroe experience and PT and let those bums SIT ON THE BENCH. If this continues, Im going to go insane. Our franchise is top 3 worst run in the league right now, and probably has an argument for the absolute worst.
you are absolutely right. i think our 2 rookies are so good that we can give them those minutes and still make the playoffs too. our rookies are keeping us in these games. we almost got blown out by the lakers and then they put foye in and he gets us within like 6 points. if he knew how to use the rotation we have, we would of lost like one game so far. our rookie talent is great right now, i hope he sees that in tonight's game. i think he will give smith and foye premo minutes because i don't think casey is that retarded. he's great at building superstars though, you can't take that away from him. but these guys are head strong and he doesn't need to build them up like mr. emotional McCants. I SAY SMITH AND FOYE PREMO MINUTES FOR THE NEXT 10 GAMES and if it doesn't work then he can go back to 10 minutes per game each. (it will work though) we have 2 ROY candidates and i dont know which will be better...foye or smith.

I still think James should get minutes, it's the beginning of the season. he will get a little smarter as he learns Casey's style. I know he did some dumb plays in that Lakers game that probably cost us but he's worth the risk. KG seems to be able to get a lot of boards off of his missed threes anyway which means more second chance opportunities so I don't see anything wrong with him. I like when Foye and James are on the court together, but I'd rather have Foye create and drive and kick it out to James than the other way around.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 11-11-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:57 PM   #9
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
you are absolutely right. i think our 2 rookies are so good that we can give them those minutes and still make the playoffs too. our rookies are keeping us in these games. we almost got blown out by the lakers and then they put foye in and he gets us within like 6 points. if he knew how to use the rotation we have, we would of lost like one game so far. our rookie talent is great right now, i hope he sees that in tonight's game. i think he will give smith and foye premo minutes because i don't think casey is that retarded. he's great at building superstars though, you can't take that away from him. but these guys are head strong and he doesn't need to build them up like mr. emotional McCants. I SAY SMITH AND FOYE PREMO MINUTES FOR THE NEXT 10 GAMES and if it doesn't work then he can go back to 10 minutes per game each. (it will work though) we have 2 ROY candidates and i dont know which will be better...foye or smith.

I still think James should get minutes, it's the beginning of the season. he will get a little smarter as he learns Casey's style. I know he did some dumb plays in that Lakers game that probably cost us but he's worth the risk. KG seems to be able to get a lot of boards off of his missed threes anyway which means more second chance opportunities so I don't see anything wrong with him. I like when Foye and James are on the court together, but I'd rather have Foye create and drive and kick it out to James than the other way around.
ya think he's trying to build hunger in them so they'll play their heart our when they get minuits
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: