Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 12-21-2006, 04:39 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

Default Maggs Is Out; Dunleavy Jr. Is In:

Everyone has heard Coach wanting Dun Jr along with Maggette wanting out, came up with this deal that I think benifits everyone. Clippers also get back QRich who was a fan favirote and the team can really use his shooting right now:

Quote:
Warriors Trade: Zarko Cabarkapa, Mickeal Pietrus, Mike Dunleavy Jr., 2nd Rounder
Warriors Receive: Corey Maggette, Zeljko Rebraca(Waived)

Why?
Dump Dunleavy's contract and just give Pietrus as an incentive. Get Maggette in return who'll work good with Davis/JRich/Ellis IMO along with Rebraca swap for Cabarkapa, you can take them out if wanted.

Knicks Trade: Quentin Richardson
Knicks Receive: Cuttino Mobley, Warriors 2nd Rounder

Why? Re-Unite Mobley with Francis and hope they gel together again.

Clippers Trade: Cuttino Mobley, Corey Maggette, Zeljko Rebraca
Clippers Receive: Mike Dunleavy Jr., Mickael Pietrus, Zarko Cabarkapa, Quentin Richardson

Why? Bring Q back to LA, Zarko is healthy and can log minutes at the 4/5, Pietrus is a solid defender and Dunleavy gets to coach his son. A Change in personell is needed and this may be it.

Depth Chart:
PG: Shaun Livingston | Sam Cassell | Daniel Ewing
SG: Quentin Richardson | Mickael Pietrus | Kareem Rush(Signed?)
SF: Quinton Ross | Mike Dunleavy Jr. | James Singleton | Yaroslav Korolev
PF: Elton Brand | Tim Thomas | Zarko Cabarkapa
CE: Chris Kaman | Aaron Williams | Paul Davis

Link
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:23 PM   #2
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

Dun Jr. is a great player, don't get me wrong, but I'm completly against the idea of a father son reunion on a basketball team! The team is a business. Even the simplist of businesses have a "no employee relationships" rule installed. Do you really think that if Dun Jr. was playing like crap, daddy would threaten to trade him? Do you really think that Q. Ross, who started in front of could-be all-star Corey Maggette, would play on favor of daddys little boy? I think this is a professional ballclub, and there should be no bias or distractions. Dunleavy Sr. needs to turn this club around, and bringing in his little boy will not help the situation!
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:42 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

That would be funny. Can you imagine if there were fights between the 2?

Coach would tell the media "yeah, he doesn't know the system, I sent him to his room"

woow.

That would be VERY INTERESTING to watch daddy coach son.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:01 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
Dun Jr. is a great player, don't get me wrong, but I'm completly against the idea of a father son reunion on a basketball team! The team is a business. Even the simplist of businesses have a "no employee relationships" rule installed. Do you really think that if Dun Jr. was playing like crap, daddy would threaten to trade him? Do you really think that Q. Ross, who started in front of could-be all-star Corey Maggette, would play on favor of daddys little boy? I think this is a professional ballclub, and there should be no bias or distractions. Dunleavy Sr. needs to turn this club around, and bringing in his little boy will not help the situation!

Well, I figured if we'll be stuck getting him, might as well try to snag Pietrus and dump Mobley for Richardson. On top of that, get rid of Zelly(love him but we need help right now) for someone who can maybe contribute.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:37 PM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
Dun Jr. is a great player...

I don't agree with this most respectfully... He is a player that has never lived up to his potential. I am not sure he would give the Clips what they need.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:49 PM   #6
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I don't agree with this most respectfully... He is a player that has never lived up to his potential. I am not sure he would give the Clips what they need.

It's not like anyone else is and it's time to shake things up. Pietrus and QRich will make a nice combo off the bench along with Ross and Dun Jr. starting or switch it around anyway you want. C'mon Baylor, do this
Old 12-21-2006, 11:44 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

i'll ask the clippers faithful to explain to me why cory mag. is not a starter on the team, he's easily one of the best players on the team along with brand... i just don't understand what the deal is, or is he a trouble maker? or?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 12:29 AM   #8
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
It's not like anyone else is and it's time to shake things up. Pietrus and QRich will make a nice combo off the bench along with Ross and Dun Jr. starting or switch it around anyway you want. C'mon Baylor, do this

Two quick questions please:

1) Why trade Maggette? If he is so good (which I think he is), why is he not starting?

2) Do you really feel the Clips need to eject and start making changes to this team? Its basically the same team as last year and they were pretty darn good. What has changed????

thanks,

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:58 AM   #9
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Two quick questions please:

1) Why trade Maggette? If he is so good (which I think he is), why is he not starting?

2) Do you really feel the Clips need to eject and start making changes to this team? Its basically the same team as last year and they were pretty darn good. What has changed????

thanks,

1] Maggette lost his starting job and never won it back and now is mad after agreeing to come off the bench.

2] They need to do something, they have been playing with no heart, no desire and no passion
Old 12-22-2006, 02:12 AM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
i'll ask the clippers faithful to explain to me why cory mag. is not a starter on the team, he's easily one of the best players on the team along with brand... i just don't understand what the deal is, or is he a trouble maker? or?

I concur.

The mad before losing his starting Job was improving in his scoring average every single year.

It would be a sin to keep this man from displaying his skills elsewhere.

let him go. you can get another player
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:17 PM   #11
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

No thanks ill keep Maggette. Dunleavy Jr is crap, even Warriors fans want to rid of him. Lets just start Corey and keep him happy. Hes more than capable of putting up 22-25 a night if we start running plays for him again.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:41 AM   #12
wally_world
M0derator

zzz... MAX > Mike Dunleavy Jr/Q-Rich
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:57 PM   #13
Ghost_Delay
Decent playground baller

Magette is very, very pissed. He's going to go off soon. Dunleavy needs to either trade him fast or make a truce because it'd be good to actually have someone moving on offense. I prefer the latter because he's still a very talented scorer. It's probably gone to far to be fixed though.
The last thing this team needs right now is another streaky jump shooter.
Ghost_Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:24 PM   #14
gts
Sons of Antartica

i watched the houston game cory needs to start, he is the second best player on the team... cassell is injured, livingston is not that player that can spark the team and brand looks like he is about to implode from frustration, dunlevy needs to shake up the roster before the season is a total washout...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: