Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 01-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #166
Mr.cLuTcH
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Shaqs not better than Hakeem. Sure, 4 rings but he has got alot of help from the other stars he played with..Wade, Kobe, Eddie. He had a over superb team in this 3 straight championships with the Lakers. Hakeem owned his team entierely unlike shaq and had to take on the intire team. Shaqs tight but he hasnt surpassed Hakeem.
Mr.cLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:17 AM   #167
hakeem#1

Default Re: Has Shaq surpassed The Dream on the GOAT list?

[quote=Ricardo Tubbs]People don't realize just how weak Shaq's competition was compared to Hakeem. Hakeem has six All-NBA first team appearances. The centers that were on the second team behind him those years are:

87:Moses
88, 89, 93:Ewing
94:Robinson
97:Ewing

And Hakeem was robbed of a first team appearance in 1986 because voters felt like Kareem deserved it (he didn't).

Shaq meanwhile has eight first team appearances. Who did he have to beat out?

98:Robinson (the post-surgery version)
00:Zo
01: Dikembe
02:nobody (no center even made the second team)
03, 04:Ben Wallace
05:nobody again
06:Ben Wallace

That competition is reminiscent of the Mikan days.

And I think people also forget just how much better Hakeem was defensively. Hakeem won two DPOYs and made three All-Defense first teams and four second teams. When he was doing this, he was beating guys like Robinson, Ewing, Eaton, and Dikembe.

People were amazed this season because Gerald Wallace averaged 2 steals and 2 blocks…that's weaksauce. Hakeem once averaged 2.1 steals and 4.6 blocks in the same season. He averaged over 1.5 steals and 3 blocks a game NINE seasons. Two seasons where he didn't, he averaged 2.1/2.7 and 1.6/2.9. Shaq has NEVER averaged over a steal a game and reached 3 blocks a game only ONCE (and it was like 3.03).[/QUOTE

Well said. i am a big hakeem fan. i personally think he is second on the list. behind kareem. but well said.

Last edited by hakeem#1 : 06-12-2007 at 11:26 AM.
hakeem#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:33 AM   #168
hakeem#1

Default Re: Has Shaq surpassed The Dream on the GOAT list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers-city
maybe you arent listening,

stats: dont mean squat.

records: dont mean squat.

ultimate goal of the NBA: ring.

shaq has 4, hakeem has 2, he didnt do squat when MJ was rolling and he didnt do squat when mj came back.

also wilt isnt on the top because you need a little more than 2 rings to be called the greatest of all.tme.

i put russell on the top because he was the cornerstone of the greatest dynasty in NBA history, this is all about the rings.

and wilt didnt dominate his era, wtf are you talking about ?? he put pretty stats but thats it, he got owned by boston and new york his entire career and only won 2 rings, russell is who dominated the 60's, not chamberlain.

the rockets winning a couple fluke rings because MJ wasnt in the league dont warrant olajuwon a place over shaq who won 3 in a row with LA, handing tim duncan ( a better player than ewing or robinson ever were) his asss in a plate pretty much every year.

as good as russell's team was they still won because of him, everybody and their mothers knows it.

as good as shaq's teams were they won because of him, not kobe bryant or horry or fisher or whoever, hence the MVPs.

you said that the ultimate goal of the nba is a ring. horry has six going on seven. if it is about the rings why isn't he considered the greatest. it is not just about the rings
hakeem#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: