Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: is the nba becoming unwatchable for the true fan?

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    it's been like this since the 80's. you're either an idiot or 20 years old for just now noticing.
    Its never been this bad though. I don't recall players trying to exploit it this much either

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz
    lol... it's talked about in pretty much every youtube video of the shot. what ref in their right mind would call that shit anyway? in mj's last finals after he just made a layup and stole the ball from malone, then before he seals his legacy with a fluid jumper, in the final seconds they're gonna call a little push?
    But they should have. And they should have called Reggie Miller's blatant push off of Jordan in the ECF to extend the series. And they should have called Reggie Miller for pushing over a Knick player to steal an inbound pass when he hit those 3 threes in the last few seconds to steal a win. Although, that was hilarious. But wrong. And they should call walks and carrying.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    But they should have. And they should have called Reggie Miller's blatant push off of Jordan in the ECF to extend the series. And they should have called Reggie Miller for pushing over a Knick player to steal an inbound pass when he hit those 3 threes in the last few seconds to steal a win. Although, that was hilarious. But wrong. And they should call walks and carrying.
    Was more free flowing back then, its hard to judge nba calls off one clip because a big part isconsistentncy and if refs and letting the game flow both teams need to benefit. My big issue now is that it will be called tight as a clenched asshole for one team while the other end they call it loose and let it play out

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I'm not trying to hate on any team here either. Just frustrated with how heavily the entertainment factor outweights competetion. It used to shit me how dwight would be allowed to camp in the paint in Orlando and not get called for it. Ive posted that before back then and it can happen to any team that starts getting hyped up and just made me want to have a bit of a rant

Most other sports have bad calls but they don't consistently favor certain teams and they don't let basic fundamental rules be ignored for entertainmens sake. Anyone notice the telecasts show less and less replays on alot of the iffy calls these days in an age where every other sport is implememtaing tech to ensure more correct calls?

Its not just certain teams and players. The entire game is being over-officiated.

i don't think the heat-bobcats game was THAT bad (there were some pretty shitty calls but i've seen worse) but NBA officiating really bugs me a lot. it's much worse than any other sport. there's no other sport where referees are so involved in the outcome of the game. they have more of an effect on the game than most players based on the kinds of calls they make and when they make them

NBA Legend

My big issue now is that it will be called tight as a clenched asshole for one team while the other end they call it loose and let it play out
    You could make a 30 minute montage of every single star player in the league complaining to refs about calls he didnt get.

The problem isnt favoritism, its flat out incompetence.

Was more free flowing back then, its hard to judge nba calls off one clip because a big part isconsistentncy and if refs and letting the game flow both teams need to benefit. My big issue now is that it will be called tight as a clenched asshole for one team while the other end they call it loose and let it play out
    This. i really agree with a true fan like you. warriors should get free throws only for Lee. no free throws for any one who shoots jumpers so a true fan like you can start enjoying the game like you did in the 80s/90s when there was no internet so you can stop watching a blowout and watch/do something more enjoyable.