Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Default Re: "How overrated is Kyrie Irving???" -PleezeBelieve

I'll be the first to say I wasn't keen on the Irving pick. I was totally wrong. I didn't say he was a bust, but I think I remember myself saying I felt Derrick Williams was a safer pick.

I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    And, with that, I'm done talking about Tyreke Evans in this thread.

To the OP's point...

While PB was the most verbose of the "Kyrie isn't very good" movement, he certainly wasn't the only one.

Kyrie Irving needs a few months for foot to heal

^^^All that from just one thread about Kyrie's foot. The thread wasn't even about predicting whether or not he will be a franchise player. I would say that -- at least on ISH -- the idea that Kyrie would be as good as he is was laughed at almost across the board.

So, PB shouldn't be the only one called out here.

Take a look at this thread for more...

Kyrie Irving is the next big bust
    etc.

And this...

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    The massive problem is that he wants to take credit like some kind of Nostradamus. Every one of us has been wrong about predictions here and there. But how many of us would go from making a thread like he made bashing Irving to some idiotic claim that he predicted greatness but then we deleted his prediction? PB is a bad joke who deserves all the shit he gets. Really he should just be banned, but whatever.
    It wasn't about PB being wrong, because that's a common occurrence. It was started simply for a few sh*ts and giggles because he's a self proclaimed prophet, who's wrong more of than right, and is now one year later claiming Cleveland will have the best backcourt in the NBA.

And I'm well aware that ISH was, at best, split on Irving last year pre-draft. I was one of the few (can't find the exact threads) that was saying he wouldn't be a bust or be better than people thought. I also said I liked Derrick Williams just as much (if not more) than Irving, but I thought Irving going number one was the right pick for the Cavs. I didn't think Irving would be this good this fast, but I liked his potential and thought he had a higher ceiling than a lot of other posters.

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    So what ? We are comparing what they accomplished on their rookie season. Not what they could have accomplished. Please, try to be a lil bit logical.
    so evans had better stats and thats all you have.

he averaged less than two points more, basically that same assists, and less than 2 rebounds.

the fact remains, kyrie is more efficient, better shooter, better at getting the rim and converting, better ball handler, better passer, way more clutch.

kyrie's nickname is mr. fourth quarter.... earned that nickname his rookie year.

if you asked a GM after you saw both rookie seasons (and you only saw the rookie season, they would see tyreke's 2nd of 3rd) im pretty sure it would be unanimous that every GM would take kyrie Irving.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Nobody even thinks what you are thinking during the season but since that commercial came out....people are all over him.

Like I said, he will be a starting PG in this league and that's it. A couple of all stars and that's it.
    Oh right it's all because of that commercial

Local High School Star

Kyrie Irving is the real deal. IMO, barring injury, he will be a top 5 PG in a few years.

I can't hate of the kid. He's got a lot of game and is cold blooded in the clutch.

I'm starting to think 9erempire and PunPun are the same person. They both post like a 12 year old.

He's a future superstar. He's not overrated at all.

In three years time he will be the best PG in the entire NBA imo. If he can up his scoring, maintain his efficiency, and get some better talent around him I can't see 24/11 as out of the realm of reality. He had a great rookie year. I won't claim it was all time great like others will, but kid can play the game, and he will only get better.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

I called his stat line exactly yet you fool's want to keep bringing that one thread up that was made in Dec of '10. At that time no one had the chance to do any advance scouting on Irving. When I was given the opportunity to dig deeper and realize the guy was.6'3 with an above average standing reach for his position, boom, I was on top of the situation and correctly predicted his rookie production across the board. I didn't miss on a single element of his final averages or efficiency results.

You all can keep bringing up one side of the story. It's was ya'll do. The MODS openly encourage the slandering of my name. It's nothing I'm not used to. I was right about Irving to a degree that is unprecedented in player/scouting analysis. No one here will admit that and I'm fine with that.

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    In three years time he will be the best PG in the entire NBA imo. If he can up his scoring, maintain his efficiency, and get some better talent around him I can't see 24/11 as out of the realm of reality. He had a great rookie year. I won't claim it was all time great like others will, but kid can play the game, and he will only get better.
    take it easy bro

two players in history have put up those numbers, oscar and tiny

24 is doable, but there just isnt enough possessions to get 24 and 11

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    I called his stat line exactly yet you fool's want to keep bringing that one thread up that was made in Dec of '10. At that time no one had the chance to do any advance scouting on Irving. When I was given the opportunity to dig deeper and realize the guy was.6'3 with an above average standing reach for his position, boom, I was on top of the situation and correctly predicted his rookie production across the board. I didn't miss on a single element of his final averages or efficiency results.

You all can keep bringing up one side of the story. It's was ya'll do. The MODS openly encourage the slandering of my name. It's nothing I'm not used to. I was right about Irving to a degree that is unprecedented in player/scouting analysis. No one here will admit that and I'm fine with that.
    I don't think it has anything to do with your scouting analysis and more to do with the fact that you generally just say whatever random thing you can to generate attention. Making whenever you to predict something correctly mean 10x less because everybody knows you were just spouting bullshit from the get go.

Your not even a unique troll. I would guess when people were hying Irving up as the number 1 pick you decided to trash him. When the season started and people were calling this a weak draft year you went on to tell everybody how amazing Irving was just after you tore him apart.

You say things to stir the pot and stand out. It's funny when skip bayless does it because he's getting paid for it. Your doing it because your either 14 years old or weren't hugged enough as a child

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    so evans had better stats
    There. You admitted it.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    You say things to stir the pot and stand out. It's funny when skip bayless does it because he's getting paid for it. Your doing it because your either 14 years old or weren't hugged enough as a child
    this

but less , and more

Irving is great, but the 'best backcourt in the NBA' schtick is a little much. A guy who never started a game in two years and averaged 12ppg is going to constitute half the best backcourt in the league? Give him a couple years at least.