Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #16
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why are Felton's Assist Numbers So Low?

The schedule is very hard early on, which means it will become easier. But I'm worried the confidence of this team will be very low if we don't win some games. They need to built chemistry and confidence because we have lost to some good teams now. Let's hope the veterans, Amar'e, Raymond, Turiaf and Roger Mason Jr. can keep this team together during tough times. Amar'e has been the go-to guy in the 4th quarter, it's great to see that.

And Draz, Boston did not play well. Big Baby, Pierce and Rondo murdered us. But they were horrible in the first quarter, with lots of turnovers. We showed some resistance in the 4th quarter but from the first quarter it wasn't close until the final minute.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #17
New York Knicks
Banned

New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
TBH, I rather him for now because he fits the figure & he isn't to bad. I love watching him play? But I do wish we had someone else sometimes, the numbers sometime don't mean anything, he does have proper speed to take the ball in his hands & draw a foul when needed. Who else could we have afforded.. we upgraded from last year? We played good teams, were playing great teams to start the season, when the year slows down we'll have enough adjustments needed to win, look at how they handled Rondos 24-25 assist that one game, & lost by what 3? When Celtics were playing an amazing game. Their not to bad, just give it some TIME.
It's not so much about the numbers. I know we played some good defensive teams, but he just doesn't look right out there. The pick-and-roll is a staple of the D'Antoni offense and Felton doesn't look like he knows how to run it. I'm not expecting Steve Nash out there, but I can't understand why he doesn't make those inside passes to the roller. He always throws it to the 3-point shooters. He has to know when to throw it to the 3-point shooters and when to bounce it to your big guy. It puts so much more pressure on Amare to create for himself 20 feet from the basket, which he's never been really accustomed to doing. That burden shouldn't have to be put on Amare. He's our PF. Like I said in the summer, the team's success most depends on Felton's ability to set people up. That was the question mark for me and it still is. But I really hope he picks it up. I think maybe a couple of more games against faster teams can help develop chemistry because it'll allow the team to just play on instinct.
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:11 PM   #18
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He's more the scoring type of guard during a pick-and-roll situation because he is so effective going to the rim. He's never going to be Nash-esque, I will tell you that much. The reason he swings it out to the shooter is because he's probably affraid his passes will get picked off. He really needs to work on the pick and roll because you need to take chances in that play, like it or not. You can't play it safe all the time.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #19
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Funny how the stuff we HOPE Duhon and Felton would do guys like Mark Jackson,Rod Strickland and Stephon Marbury did in their sleep and we ran all those guys outta town.All NYers too.I dont know what it is about this team but we seem to think it's cancerous to take advantage that we're dead smack in the middle of the pg capital of the world.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: