Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-07-2007, 01:11 PM   #16
BULLS4EVER
I airball my layups

BULLS4EVER has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Andres Nocioni signs

i have read in a newspaper that if a player its in the same team for more than 3 yrs can sign with this team a contract that can exceed the salary cap
i dont know if that its true or not
but if its true next yr we can sign first garnett and then gordon and deng that are with the team since 4 yr
( sorry for my english but i came from switzerland and i dont speak very good english :) )
BULLS4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #17
lurch67
Caution: Adult Content

lurch67 has decent reputation

Are you talking about the MLE?
lurch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:18 PM   #18
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Andres Nocioni signs

Pretty sure he is talking about the Larry Bird rights. You can exceed the salary cap to resign your own FA's. It could work, but I don't know if Paxson wants to exceed the luxury tax threshhold.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:24 PM   #19
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_boy04
Then maybe we should pack it up for BG for a team in desperate needs and get a decent SG in return and some future first rounds picks. I mean wouldn't you like to chance to draft one of these guys in 2008 - Rose, Beasley, Mayo, Love, Eric Gordon ? I know I do

How awesome would that be? Maybe Isiah is in a trading mood.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:28 PM   #20
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Minnesota is one of the freezing places of the US, i think it gets even colder up there than Chicago and if he really prefered warm places better then he would have requested/demanded a trade out of MIN a long time ago.

You know man whether or not he preferred a warm place still doesn't mean he would have requested/demanded a trade a long time ago. Garnett is a good guy who has so much loyalty as we have seen him not ask to get traded year after year. What i am saying is now that the Twolves are actually thinking of trading him, that is a preference for him now.

And for anyone speaking on "garnett is from chicago".... He's actually not, he moved there in High School and play at Farragut Academy. He actually grew up in South Carolina and was a lakers fan. People think he is all about Chitown but he really doesn't have that much love for it.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #21
BULLS4EVER
I airball my layups

BULLS4EVER has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Pretty sure he is talking about the Larry Bird rights. You can exceed the salary cap to resign your own FA's. It could work, but I don't know if Paxson wants to exceed the luxury tax threshhold.

yes im talking about the larry bird rights. i know sign gordon,deng and garnett its expensive but have the tree in the starting five will be perfect to win the title!!!
pg hinrich
sg gordon
sf deng
pf garnett
c b wallace
BULLS4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #22
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

beau_boy04 has an OK reputation so far

I think KG, Kobe, JO and maybe Gasol would be hard to obtain. In the meantime, Pax is very intersted in Luis Scola, argually the best post up player in Europe, drafted in 2002 by the Spurs. However, he hasn't played a single NBA game yet coz he had some to fullfill a contract back there in Europe and maybe coz he doesn't wanna play for the Spurs.

Duhon+filler+cash for the rights of Luis Scola

Make it happen Pax

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=329367
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:08 PM   #23
lurch67

Quote:
I think KG, Kobe, JO and maybe Gasol would be hard to obtain. In the meantime, Pax is very intersted in Luis Scola, argually the best post up player in Europe, drafted in 2002 by the Spurs. However, he hasn't played a single NBA game yet coz he had some to fullfill a contract back there in Europe and maybe coz he doesn't wanna play for the Spurs.

Duhon+filler+cash for the rights of Luis Scola

Make it happen Pax

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=329367
His contract has a rediculous buy out on it. Thats why I couldnt believe SA took Splitter. He has the same thing. Thats why I look for SA to move Scula.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:23 PM   #24
BullRaps
I airball my layups

BullRaps has an OK reputation so far

Now that Noce has signed the contract, there is no way he'll be trades because he took less money to stay with the Bulls. You can't treat a guy like that. And Pax runs a pretty good organization and has a pretty good plan. Noce, like Kirk and Big Ben have contracts that are all front loaded which basically means that they'll be able to keep everyone if Gordon and Deng don't ask for the max and have contracts that even out with the other 3 guys.

But this is definitely a great signing. Always love watching Noce play.
BullRaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #25
Belizario
I hit open layups

Belizario has an OK reputation so far

^^ i agree nocioni is the man .. i got upset when he was hurt last year
Belizario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:25 AM   #26
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch67
His contract has a rediculous buy out on it. Thats why I couldnt believe SA took Splitter. He has the same thing. Thats why I look for SA to move Scula.

Splitter is out of his contract after this season, so SA can leave him overseas for another year, and then they don't have to pay any buyout. If he didn't have that one season left, he definitely would have gone top 15 in the draft, maybe top 10. Another great job by the Spurs.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:36 AM   #27
lurch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Splitter is out of his contract after this season, so SA can leave him overseas for another year, and then they don't have to pay any buyout. If he didn't have that one season left, he definitely would have gone top 15 in the draft, maybe top 10. Another great job by the Spurs.
Completely agree with draft spot. I just couldnt believe SA would draft another big man under contract. Kinda threw a flag up that they were gonna try and move Scula. If the Bulls ownership would trade for him and buy out the remaining contract, they would be THE team in the east. Does buying out a contract go against the cap?
Old 07-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #28
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool

A team can only pay a percentage of the buyout. I think its somewhere around 10%. Which is why players with large buyouts always have trouble getting out of their contract unless the teams come to an agreement.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: