Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-19-2007, 09:59 PM   #1
Drazen_Petrovic
Decent playground baller

Drazen_Petrovic has an OK reputation so far
Default Eddie House

I have to say, I have really grown to love this guy. In the beginning of the season I hated him, with his instant jumpshot as soon as he got the ball and never making anything. What a complete turnaround. Now that he has had more playing time and gained a lot of confidence, this guy is just dangerous from behind the arc. Now I love his lightning quick catch and realease jumpshot. He is deadly. It's awesome when they say "call 911 the house is on FIRE!!!" at the game
Drazen_Petrovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:35 PM   #2
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Eddie House

He is still is too trigger happy. It really shouldn't matter whether he makes it in or not. Bad shots are bad shots. They are still times when he drives me nuts with his shot selection. On the fastbreak, when your opponents are outnumbered, I want a layup, not a spastic leaning three-pointer with 22 seconds left on the shot clock. I don't care if you make it in or not, it's still a bad shot, and it will only encourage you to take more bad shots. Eddie needs to fixate that in his head. His mentality of "Hey, I won't make 'em unless I keep shooting 'em," simply annoys me.

On the other hand, Boki's shot selection is superb. He always takes rhythm jump shots and rarely forces any. Plus, his passing has improved. It's great to see a three-point shooter turn down an open shot to hit a guy down low for a layup. Something I think Eddie needs to work on.

But I do love that announcer saying that line.

Last edited by RecSpecs110 : 03-19-2007 at 11:41 PM.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:00 AM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i'm glad that the guy is now doing what we brought him here to do, but i have to agree with recspecs- the veterans on this team have to play veteran basketball if we're going to go anywhere in the second season. that's what nets basketball should be about.

this is the same kind of thing that drove me nuts about iverson way back when i used to be a sixers fan.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:07 AM   #4
Drazen_Petrovic
Decent playground baller

Drazen_Petrovic has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, I agree, he does take some bad shots. But I am very happy that he is at least making some now. In the begining of the season, it was like zero production, but now I would say he is a major contributor.

I must say I think Boki is awesome. I remember watching him in one of the final games of the regular season last year when we first aquired him. I think Frank just put him in for garbage time. I remember seeing him put up a 3 point shot and missing badly, thinking great, who is this guy that we got. I am very surprised by how far he has come, and how explosive he can be when he drives.
Drazen_Petrovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:36 AM   #5
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

It's great to have him in the bench role, he just wouldn't make a good starter. If he's hot, he can come off the bench and lead us to a win, if he's not hot, we just bench him again. I don't think you could rely on him every game though.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: