Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star zabuza666's Avatar

Default Re: Michael Beasley vs Blake Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    ^Bingo. The key difference is that Griffin has legit power forward size. Beasley is a tweener and will need to develop a better J to play the 3.
    Proof you don't watch Beasley at all. His smooth jumper is one of the best things he's got going for him, it's money!

Proof you don't watch Beasley at all. His smooth jumper is one of the best things he's got going for him, it's money!
    Yeah but if he's gonna be a full time 3 that's another level of skill required when teams will be guarding him outside more closely.

^Bingo. The key difference is that Griffin has legit power forward size. Beasley is a tweener and will need to develop a better J to play the 3.
    So...shooting 41% from three, 46% on jumpshots and 47% overall isn't good enough since that's what his averages for the season are?

Yeah but if he's gonna be a full time 3 that's another level of skill required when teams will be guarding him outside more closely.
    He's the 2nd option on the team and when wade goes off he's the main option. He already gets a decent amount of attention, he usually just uses his first step to generate some room and hits a smooth jumper. Honestly don't comment if you don't watch him play.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    So...shooting 41% from three, 46% on jumpshots and 47% overall isn't good enough since that's what his averages for the season are?
    He will need to shoot 94% off midrange jumpshots if he wants to be effective at the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    He will need to shoot 94% off midrange jumpshots if he wants to be effective at the 3.

National High School Star

at the lack of respect for Blake Griffin in this thread...

Blake Griffin is the most polished post player to come out of college since Tim Duncan.. nevermind the fact that he has Lebron James athleticism..

Beasley is nice.. but I doubt he ever even reaches a Melo-type level. Griffin is gonna be chasing rings by his 3rd year.
    Last edited by unbreakable; 05-21-2009 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    All Griffin did in college was overpower college kids with his power and athletism. He wont get away with half the shyt he did in college. You're not gonna bully anyone for buckets.
    I remember people saying the same thing about Lebron James when he dominated HS.. even Jordan said "Lets see what he does in the NBA"..

Howd that turn out, Gobbie?

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    I remember people saying the same thing about Lebron James when he dominated HS.. even Jordan said "Lets see what he does in the NBA"..

But then again Lebron plays at the 3, where he still had the massive size advantage against NBA 3s. Griffin probably won't have an advantage anywhere close to what Lebron has.

So people are saying next year Griffin will already be a better player then Beasley?

It's a fair comparison. Both the same age, and play the same position. We'll see who does better.

And I'm baffled at how these statements came about proclaiming Griffin a good defender. lol

Banned

Everyone compared him to Carmelo Anthony as a 3 coming out of HS and at Kansas State.

I will hold true to my Al Harrington comparison for Beasley, the only difference is that Beasley earlier on in his career is more productive and has a bigger role than Harrington did.

As long as Beasley can continue to hit his midrange shot & shoot from 3 he will be successful in the NBA as a tweener SF/PF, if he develops a good pumpfake to attack the basket going to his left he would have a very good Go-To move.

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable

Beasley overpowered his opponents in college to. That was one of the factors many GM's considered whether if it would translate to the NBA game. Seeing as they're the same weight, you work it out.

Stop saying Beasley and Griffin play the same position.. Beasley is a 3..

Griffin is a legitimate PF.. mix Amare's beastiness with Duncan's skillset and you got Griffin.. the man, the myth, the LEGEND.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Everyone compared him to Carmelo Anthony as a 3 coming out of HS and at Kansas State.

I will hold true to my Al Harrington comparison for Beasley, the only difference is that Beasley earlier on in his career is more productive and has a bigger role than Harrington did.

As long as Beasley can continue to hit his midrange shot & shoot from 3 he will be successful in the NBA as a tweener SF/PF, if he develops a good pumpfake to attack the basket going to his left he would have a very good Go-To move.
    Beasley is already a better scorer, more efficient scorer, rebounder, defender, athletic, mid range shooter then Harrington ever was.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    So people are saying next year Griffin will already be a better player then Beasley?

It's a fair comparison. Both the same age, and play the same position. We'll see who does better.

And I'm baffled at how these statements came about proclaiming Griffin a good defender. lol
    Griffin really held back when defending, you could see that he was holding back. He would just stick his arms and not move or make any kind of play on the ball. But when you're the most powerful player in college ball and can just run through anything and everything that gets in your path, you're team is going to need you to stay on the court and play.