Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Default Re: RoboCop (out in 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris

Wow, looks...... stupid.

Action seems somewhat cool, but the movie doesn't look too promising imo...

NBA Superstar

I'm not saying it looks incredible or great, but I admit it at least looks a little bit better than I was expecting it would. If the film has an "R" rating I think that could also be beneficial to its cause. And it was nice to see Detroit's true skyline this time around too (with the OCP building tucked in there).

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

seems bad..will dl it though

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

i normally hate these type of "superhero" movies but i liked the originals when I was a kid. I think robocop has potential to be deeper than the standard good guy beats the bad guy superhero movie with the emotional and ethical issues of life extension but you know it's probably just going to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    It's quite easy to see the train of thought from the film makers

"What were the most popular action movies of the 2000s ... The Dark Knight Trilogy and Iron Man ... Robcop 2014 will look like both of those, yea !!!"

That new Robocop looks like an exact combo of the two. The coloring and abdomen armor of TDK suit, the armor, face and general technology of Iron Man.

I still don't get the human hand part, but whatever. This movie is going to have to do a lot to be considered good. The script got torn to shreds.
    The human hand is obviously for the corny emo parts.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Eh. The trailer does actually look better than what I expected. The suit clearly looks better with the metallic finish. Why it changes I have no idea. And I didn't like the look of that scene with multiple robocops.

Just from a quick scan of the trailer, I'd guess this is heading for an R rating, which I agree would help it's cause. The campy violence is a big part of what is essentially a socially satiracal exploitation flick. The trailer had hints at the violence. A pretty graphic shot of the mutilated body. And some implied sexual content, that could obviously be edited way down.

The pushed back release date is a horrible sign. And an action movie opening in February, hell any movie opening in February, is basically throwing up the white flag. But perhaps they were just concerned about competition. I doubt it's going to review for shit. But Dredd had a few positive reactions for a movie of it's genre last year, and if it stays as dark thematically as that did, maybe it'll surprise people.

I really like Joel Kinneman. He's Robocop here, and plays Detective Holder from The Killing. I hope if this doesn't work out he gets a second chance.

Dredd had more than a few positive reactions. It was critically a success; especially considering the genre.

I'll probably watch this and enjoy it at home just like the new Total Recall, but half of it will likely be nostalgia.

Saw Jackie Earle Haley and Gary Oldman in the trailer. This is a must watch.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Dredd had more than a few positive reactions. It was critically a success; especially considering the genre.

I'll probably watch this and enjoy it at home just like the new Total Recall, but half of it will likely be nostalgia.

78% on the tomatoe meter is very good for that genre. 73% among viewers on RT is good too. Although that genre is always weird to see the viewer rating below the critical rating.

After watching the trailer:

An explosion kills him? OMG they just fvcked uo one of the most awesome and gruesome origins of all time. He was shot, a lot when he died, he didn't explode. Christ Hollywood....

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    After watching the trailer:

An explosion kills him? OMG they just fvcked uo one of the most awesome and gruesome origins of all time. He was shot, a lot when he died, he didn't explode. Christ Hollywood....
    I'm thinking that means it is PG13. I have pretty much no faith in this movie after seeing the trailer. It looks like it might have a different storyline though, so that is the one plus. I hate when remakes just show you the exact same shit you have already seen.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

solid cast. and there's rorsach!

Where is the Ford Taurus

Banned

So they turned a gritty 80s classic flick into a bland PG-13 CGI fest? Sounds about right

And now he becomes Robocop because he was injured in a car bombing? Anyone remember how the original happened?

Guess they don't want kids having nightmares

Weak.