Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 10-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Sixers cut Derrick Byars

I thought he had a shot at sticking
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:11 PM   #2
Moose

Default Re: Sixers cut Derrick Byars

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
I thought he had a shot at sticking

Same here. I could see the Kings taking him for some reason.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:10 PM   #3
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought he was a nice steal in the draft. Oh well I am happy with the Reggie Evans signing though.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 02:43 PM   #4
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Erratic play in preseason. Sixers are deep at his position and combine that with the need for quality big men and they weren't going to cut Hill. The Sixers are also cheap, I'm sure they would have much rather cut someone like Ollie or Green in reality, but that's guaranteed money and Byars isn't.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
AI09
Serious playground baller

AI09 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppierce34
Erratic play in preseason. Sixers are deep at his position and combine that with the need for quality big men and they weren't going to cut Hill. The Sixers are also cheap, I'm sure they would have much rather cut someone like Ollie or Green in reality, but that's guaranteed money and Byars isn't.

lmao cut willie green? why would they cut him hes istant offence sure hes not the best player but he can put up 10 plus any given night. if anything trade him. I still like ollie on the 76ers hes a great 2nd or 3rd string pg witch ever they chose to play him at this season and hes been in the NBA more than any one on the 76ers and hes a great locker room guy. 76ers are young and they need a vet like ollie so y cut him? he desearves the spot more tha byars at this point. byars shouldve went to play over seas for a year and come back to the sixers next season like they offered him.
AI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #6
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI09
lmao cut willie green? why would they cut him hes istant offence sure hes not the best player but he can put up 10 plus any given night. if anything trade him. I still like ollie on the 76ers hes a great 2nd or 3rd string pg witch ever they chose to play him at this season and hes been in the NBA more than any one on the 76ers and hes a great locker room guy. 76ers are young and they need a vet like ollie so y cut him? he desearves the spot more tha byars at this point. byars shouldve went to play over seas for a year and come back to the sixers next season like they offered him.

Willie Green will shoot you out of more games than he'll shoot you in to, combine that with scoring being the only thing he brings to the court and he's not overly impressive at that. It takes him 12 shots to score 11 points. He does nothing Louis Willams can't do and I'd much rather see Williams get those minutes so he can develop, I'd have rathher seen Byars get those minutes. Willie Green is what he is, he's not getting any better and is not significant to the future of this team.

Kevin Ollie has never been known as a locker room guy. He's an average at best point guard and again is no part of the Sixers future. Which is why he and Green both were in trade talks all summer along with Hunter.

Byars probably didn't go overseas because he knows there will probably be a team that will need a guard at some point this season and will give him a shot.

Last edited by ppierce34 : 10-28-2007 at 06:29 PM.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:39 AM   #7
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

donsanchez306 has an OK reputation so far

wtf? why did we trade for this kid to cut him...........why didnt we just keep the euro pg overseas for like ever then check it out years later ala spurs.????????? but nooooooooooooooooo......we're the seventy sixers....
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: