Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 04-07-2008, 01:33 PM   #1
nkjordan23
Great young streetballer

nkjordan23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Question about Fantasy Basketball

I am heading into the finals this week in my league which is great. However, I find it silly that the most important week of the season involves winning with scrubs who are only playing because the stars are sitting. Obviously, this is not the case with the teams out West which doesnt happen frequently.

My question is: Does Yahoo only let you work with a full 24 week season? Can the season be shortened to say...20 weeks or 18 weeks if desired? It just seems silly to me that winning a season could be based on Amir Johnson of the Pistons averaging a 20/10 in the last week of the year.

This argument stems from me and the commish who i am friends with. I say that a total points league is better because it rewards people who have played well throughout the season and have sustained a lead. His argument is it discourages people from trying if they are out of the race half way through the season which is partially true.

I made it to the finals, but I am stuck sitting here wondering if Amir Johnson or some garbage player from the Clippers has more value than Jose Calderon or Chauncey Billups. These arent my real situations, but typical ones at this point in the year. As you can tell, I am a little frustrated. Is a shorter season possible?
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Question about Fantasy Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjordan23
I am heading into the finals this week in my league which is great. However, I find it silly that the most important week of the season involves winning with scrubs who are only playing because the stars are sitting. Obviously, this is not the case with the teams out West which doesnt happen frequently.

My question is: Does Yahoo only let you work with a full 24 week season? Can the season be shortened to say...20 weeks or 18 weeks if desired? It just seems silly to me that winning a season could be based on Amir Johnson of the Pistons averaging a 20/10 in the last week of the year.

This argument stems from me and the commish who i am friends with. I say that a total points league is better because it rewards people who have played well throughout the season and have sustained a lead. His argument is it discourages people from trying if they are out of the race half way through the season which is partially true.

I made it to the finals, but I am stuck sitting here wondering if Amir Johnson or some garbage player from the Clippers has more value than Jose Calderon or Chauncey Billups. These arent my real situations, but typical ones at this point in the year. As you can tell, I am a little frustrated. Is a shorter season possible?

Don't know if its possible to do yourself

but I agree that they should end it 2weeks earlier

but also agree with your friend that in a total points league people out of it would stop caring.
The domino effect is far bigger than you realize . Like Trades, you'd have either bad or unfair trades or good players stuck on teams because their owners are paying attention anymore. All kinds of annoying crap that would ruin the league.

However I think Yahoo has heard this complaint alot so Im incline to think eventually its going to happen or find a different one that ends earlier.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
TheWhiteShadow
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TheWhiteShadow has an OK reputation so far

I think in Yahoo! you can set the season to end when ever before the season begins. Fantasy Football is 1000X more frustrating for the same reasons, watching your stud QB or RB sit because of injury concerns is very frustrating. When a player plays so well that he carries your fantasy squad, then he sits the last few games of the season becuase he is so good that he also carried his team to a first round lock and then leaves you high and dry fantasywise sucks.
TheWhiteShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:00 AM   #4
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

That is why you should play Roto, and a Roto Keeper league at that. It eliminates the garbage that is the H2H playoffs. Keeper keeps it interesting for those out of the running. However, even non keeper, if you're with quality GMs, they won't bail. If they do, don't play with them next year. People give up early in Roto b/c they think they can't make a move in certain categories. I was last in stls in my league and will be a 6 by season's end and I made my moves to get better in stls about 4 weeks ago. That's not a lot of time.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: