Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Anyone watching Team USA right now? Rose looks awesome.

Did you see how fast he ran down the court?

And that monster dunk.

The athleticism is still there. Now he's finally got a Bulls team that will help.

Yeah, people putting him in the Penny Hardaway/Grant Hill category are idiots.

College superstar

Default Re: Anyone watching Team USA right now? Rose looks awesome.

Great to see him back and playing like his MVP self. I'm hoping he can stay healthy and lead this team to a Championship.

P.S I took one of your red bars off.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I have always believed in Rose as a player and competitor, no doubt that he will play well when he is on the court. I just do not see him holding up throughout a season with two bad knees. If he can play a good 80% of games next year, it will be a damn miracle to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    I have always believed in Rose as a player and competitor, no doubt that he will play well when he is on the court. I just do not see him holding up throughout a season with two bad knees. If he can play a good 80% of games next year, it will be a damn miracle to me.

Let's just hope that 80% includes the entire playoffs

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    That's where the Bulls depth will be so helpful. Rose can sit out a lot of games (especially back to back). He'll have Hinrich and Brooks backing him up at point guard. The Bulls also have two of the best passing bigs in the league in Noah and Gasol. So Rose can sit out a lot and the Bulls will still have good passing.

never doubted my boi d rose. greatness is in his destiny.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    That's where the Bulls depth will be so helpful. Rose can sit out a lot of games (especially back to back). He'll have Hinrich and Brooks backing him up at point guard. The Bulls also have two of the best passing bigs in the league in Noah and Gasol. So Rose can sit out a lot and the Bulls will still have good passing.
    If Thibs allows the depth to be helpful.

I'd really like to see Rose put on a minutes-per-week restriction for the first couple months. Maybe until the AS break. Regardless of how good he feels, stick to that plan. IMO, that's akin to taking all the medicine the doc gave you instead of just stopping when you feel better, if you get the analogy.

But, sadly, I don't trust Thibs to do that. I trust Thibs to be one of the best coaches in the entire league in pushing his team to the max, and asking for their absolute best every night.. and getting it. He's like Scott Skiles on steroids. I just hope he doesn't wear on his players as Skiles has been known to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    If Thibs allows the depth to be helpful.

I'd really like to see Rose put on a minutes-per-week restriction for the first couple months. Maybe until the AS break. Regardless of how good he feels, stick to that plan. IMO, that's akin to taking all the medicine the doc gave you instead of just stopping when you feel better, if you get the analogy.
    Rose should not be sitting unless he feels his body breaking down, or could simply use the extra rest. He has had way more than enough time to heal, he will be playing FIBA ball, and going through a training camp/preseason. By time the season starts, there should be no restrictions at all. Judging by Rose's competitive spirit, I do think it's best for his mental health that he has the teams confidence, as well and coaches and management. Besides, he isn't some middle aged man who needs to be put on a schedule if he gets to the season with no serious injury. Just do not let the dude be in the game during garbage time and it's fine, come seasons start.