Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 05-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #31
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The draft Lottery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
I guess I am the only not grieving because The Nets will no longer be pressured to take John Wall, a player who will not make the team better. A Cousins-Lopez front court will be the most talented the team has had since the Williams-Martin-Van Horn days.

Well the point is that either Wall or Turner can be used to attract a superstar to sign with the Nets. I am not saying it has to be Lebron, but anyone who can be classified as superstar. With a #3 pick, I doubt that, seriously...
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #32
Blu
I brick open layups

Blu has decent reputationBlu has decent reputation

Screw trying to lure a "superstar" this summer:

I honestly am not impressed by any of these "superstars" this summer outside the realm of lebron and wade. If I were the Nets gm, I would not give any of these guys a max deal outside of the these two. It just makes no sense. Giving Rudy Gay or Joe Johnson max money is just a recipe for payroll death and flexibility. Neither of these guys (as well as Boozer, etc) have proven that they are deserving of max dollars yet teams just throw money at them bc there is no one better currently.

I would forgo spending a tremendous amount of money this off season if I couldn't get a bonafide proven player and continue focusing through the draft and developing our youth. Wasting money just for the sake of wasting money does not make much sense. Use that money instead to sign a few savvy vets for 1 year deals that can mentor lopez, mentor T-Will and all other wings. At the end of the day, this team has a lot of talent. The only problem I saw this entire season was the mental breakdowns and the signs of a youthful team because of all the losing. That is something that is going to happen regardless. Talent is not our issue and spending piles of money on what I call an over-hyped summer of free agents is not going to make our team take the next step.

My 2 cents.

Last edited by Blu : 05-19-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #33
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibien86
1st pick - john wall (perennial all star with on and off court leadership ability, also chance at signing lebron over the summer...they are buddies)
2nd pick - evan turner (sure fire nba player)
3rd or 4th pick - wes johnson (6'7" athletic small forward with 7' wingspan)

Tim Legler believes that out of the whole draft, that these 3 will be superstars. I dont know too much about wes johnson, but tim legler seems to know stars when he sees one.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:00 PM   #34
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Personally at best I think Weseley Johnson becomes the next Eddie Jones. Great defender, athletic scorer, but a borderline all-star
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:25 PM   #35
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Well the point is that either Wall or Turner can be used to attract a superstar to sign with the Nets. I am not saying it has to be Lebron, but anyone who can be classified as superstar. With a #3 pick, I doubt that, seriously...
Says who? This has been the silliest sports meme of the year. No one in this draft is so good of a prospect that established superstars would base their future on where these prospects land. LeBron is close to Wall? So what. He was also close to Steph Curry and is supposedly close to OJ Mayo. I highly doubt he is pushing to go to Memphis or Golden State.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:01 AM   #36
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu
Screw trying to lure a "superstar" this summer:

I honestly am not impressed by any of these "superstars" this summer outside the realm of lebron and wade. If I were the Nets gm, I would not give any of these guys a max deal outside of the these two...
well said, or maybe it's that i completely agree with you.

IMO much can go right with the nets if they play it smart and steady, taking advantage of all the assets they have coming in the next few years to build soundly. it's the best way to properly build towards a championship, i think.

OTOH, much can go wrong if they pin too much hopes on any one player and get locked into 'contract death' as you mention. IMO a single bad move of this sort is enough to make the difference between the trophy and years of spinning one's wheels as 'merely' a contender.

take the sixers, again- it seems like just yesterday they were a young team with a very exciting future. but with the horrendous contracts of brand, dalembert, and maybe even iggy-D, it comes as no surprise that year after year they can't manage to take the next step. i mean, how could they, when they couldn't even afford to hang on to the engine that drove their whole offense? (miller)
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:34 AM   #37
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

hush boys.. prokhorov will make the difference..

a lopez / cousins or favors combo isnt so bad.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: