Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground Joey3000's Avatar

Default You know What really "Grinds my gears?"

You know what really Grinds my gears? If Rose was never hurt, and Chicago was first in their division and 3 overall in the east... He would be ahead of Carmelo and maybe even Lebron (cuz we all hate Lebron) in the MVP race.

People would be carrying on about how he is doing it with a cast of role players and how he makes people around him better.

People would be saying he is better than the likes of Wade because Wade would never be able to have that kinda record with this kinda team at this stage in his career.

People would be saying Kobe needs to take notes.

But now that this team is succeeding on their own... do they get any credit? Hell no. People are just waiting for Rose to get back so they can see a spectacular Dunk.

News Flash!!! Spectacular Dunks and Layups are not what makes Chicago the Chicago bulls good. Cross overs and chest pounding is not what wins games.

Rose is just glider. Nothing else. This team thrives on great defense and consistency. Sharing the ball. Trusting each other.

Many would Argue that Rose will make them a contender. Again, no he wont. What makes them a contender is great defense and consistency. Sharing the ball. Trusting each other.

And that, Insidehoops... is what really Grinds my gears

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: You know What really "Grinds my gears?"

LeBron owns Rose's soul

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    LeBron owns My soul
    Fixed

As a Bulls fan, we can't win it all without Rose. But having Rose gives us a chance.

Bulls win their games with defense, rebounding, and having an unselfish team concept that is usually executed really well. But how many times have we seen Rose take over a close game in the 4th and lead Chicago to a victory? He's a closer, and you're drunk if you don't think he makes Chicago a much more complete team.

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    As a Bulls fan, we can't win it all without Rose. But having Rose gives us a chance.

Bulls win their games with defense, rebounding, and having an unselfish team concept that is usually executed really well. But how many times have we seen Rose take over a close game in the 4th and lead Chicago to a victory? He's a closer, and you're drunk if you don't think he makes Chicago a much more complete team.

That is Bull Crap sir. Have they not been making clutch plays without him? Are they not on par to match or exceed last years record with out him? Did he make them a contender when Lebron put the clamps on him in the playoffs last year?

He is only there as the face of the team. Yeah he gets all the credit, but he is not the reason for their success.

The minute he gets back and does one reverse dunk you wil hear "THE CHICAGO BULLS ARE BACK!!!"

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

I don't know man...He's the star of the team. They can only go so far without him. He's like the cherry on top of a very solid team (defensively). He hasn't had that much playoff experience, so it's not fair to judge his past performances as the end all. His ceiling was high (this obviously changed after he tore his acl). And....he does make them a contender imo. If he can be close to as explosive as he was, they are contenders, no denying that.

Quote Originally Posted by SwayDizzle
    I don't know man...He's the star of the team. They can only go so far without him. He's like the cherry on top of a very solid team (defensively). He hasn't had that much playoff experience, so it's not fair to judge his past performances as the end all. His ceiling was high (this obviously changed after he tore his acl). And....he does make them a contender imo. If he can be close to as explosive as he was, they are contenders, no denying that.

And that there is the problem. He hasn

[QUOTE=Joey3000]And that there is the problem. He hasn

pls tell us OP. how many bulls games did you watch in 2011-2012? be honest. 3?

and do you really believe melo is above rose? rofl.

and for you to say if rose was healthy they would be 3rd in conference. LOL they would be first, like they have been the last 2 years
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 01-31-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    They can win without him in the regular season. But the playoffs one guy can put you over the top.

You got a legit gripe, the Bulls are playing amazing together and that defense is still one of the best. But when the game is on the line and buttholes pucker up in the crunch, I want Rose out there rather than not

But look at them this season, they have won in the clutch. Guys like Boozer, Deng and even Noah have made huge plays in the lutch that have decided games.

I understand the playoffs are different, but what has he done in the playoffs thats so great? He lead the team to 4 straight loses against Miami. in those 4 games, the Rose lead bulls didnt even put up a fight.

I for one think they are deadlier now than last year because Lebron cant put the clamps on 5 players on the floor. No heroes, you just gotta gaurd everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle

pls tell us OP. how many bulls games did you watch in 2011-2012? be honest. 3?

and do you really believe melo is above rose? rofl.

and for you to say if rose was healthy they would be 3rd in conference. LOL they would be first, like they have been the last 2 years

You know what really Grinds my Gears? Making baseless comments and following them by " and " like you just stated facts and killed my whole argument.

That really grinds my gears.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey3000

You know what really Grinds my Gears? Making baseless comments and following them by " and " like you just stated facts and killed my whole argument.

That really grinds my gears.
    baseless? my questions were to expose you as an ignorant basketball fan and your beliefs as laughable.

again, you actually think melo is better than rose

and i also stated facts to prove you as an idiot. since the bulls were first in the nba both seasons prior with a .70 win percentage, and you stating they would be 3rd this year with a healthy rose is idiotic.

again, so be real. how many bulls games did you watch in 2011-2012

i just did some stat checking knowing i would prove this idiot wrong. here are the bulls records against the top 8 teams in the league for 3 seasons one with a healthy rose, one with a semi healthy rose, and one with no rose.

2010-2011 (healthy rose)
    14-7

2011-2012 (semi healthy rose)
    9-6

2012-2013 (no rose)
    4-5

That decline

I agree that Rose got too much credit for the Bulls' turnaround when a big reason was their defense/becoming becoming elite, but this team could definitely use his offensive impact. The Bulls last year were a legit contender IMO because they were good at both ends, and if they didn't get hit by injuries I wonder how far they could've gone. This year, they're still good defensively despite losing Brewer/Asik, but they've fallen off on offense... that's where his impact is felt. They were a cohesive unit with Rose last year offensively and the ball movement was much improved from a year before, but now they're sorely missing that. He would've been the difference between the Bulls being a playoff team and a contender depending on how he developed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    LeBron owns Rose's soul
    This is like saying THE SPURS OWN LEBRON's SOUL a couple years after the fact, as if he can't get better
    Last edited by chazzy; 01-31-2013 at 02:39 PM.