National High School Star

Default Knee surgery in 10 years?

I'm getting older. I want to keep playing ball. My knees are getting worse year by year. Got it down from 4x a week in my 20's to 1-2x a week now at 30.

I don't want to get some weaksauce surgery that kind of makes my knee okay. Do you think in 10 years we'll have enough advancement in knee surgery etc to repair any damage I'm doing playing? Don't want to be walking around all funny in my later years cuz of bball.

And I'm talking Lasek style stuff. My eyes now are as good as they've ever been, if not better.

Default Re: Knee surgery in 10 years?

In b4 j$ writes a thesis on how fish oil will help with any ailments in respects to your patella and how flaxeeds are a natural cure-all.

Be more specific, what's wrong with your knees

Jumper's knee.

National High School Star

There is nothing specifically wrong with my knees. I think I may have had a slight ACL tear about 2 years ago, but never got it checked out. Decided to let it self heal instead of having some nonsense doctor try to fix a problem my body could handle (read a lot about it).

I can just feel my knees and ankles slowing down. I'm going to try and do as much that I can (eat right, have turmeric, sit in the Asian squat, ice cold showers, etc) but eventually the wear and tear of basketball is going to result in some overused knees.

I'm holding out hope that in 10-15 years we'll be able to do "replacements" as a tuneup. I'm not talking sticking a piece of metal in there but some sort of biogenic regeneration process whereas the knee gets back to feeling like I was at 23-25.

I'm not trying to reverse aging. I just want to be a 40+ years and still able to play basketball 1x a week without feeling like im going to fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    In b4 j$ writes a thesis on how fish oil will help with any ailments in respects to your patella and how flaxeeds are a natural cure-all.
    Lol does he really think that

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Lol does he really think that
    Just google "INSIDEHOOP'S jefersonmoney" and a bunch of 'z's

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...16&postcount=5

College superstar

Start doing Bikram yoga, get massages 3 times a week, eat raw fermented animal flesh, take hot baths, and do cryo therapy. Acupuncture and tai chi too.

Jesus Christ can heal your injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    There is nothing specifically wrong with my knees. I think I may have had a slight ACL tear about 2 years ago, but never got it checked out. Decided to let it self heal instead of having some nonsense doctor try to fix a problem my body could handle (read a lot about it).

I can just feel my knees and ankles slowing down. I'm going to try and do as much that I can (eat right, have turmeric, sit in the Asian squat, ice cold showers, etc) but eventually the wear and tear of basketball is going to result in some overused knees.

I'm holding out hope that in 10-15 years we'll be able to do "replacements" as a tuneup. I'm not talking sticking a piece of metal in there but some sort of biogenic regeneration process whereas the knee gets back to feeling like I was at 23-25.

I'm not trying to reverse aging. I just want to be a 40+ years and still able to play basketball 1x a week without feeling like im going to fall apart.
    Why not knee replacement surgery in 10 years?

Get surgery, 2 weeks recovery, 3 months of no sport, then you're back to the hoops with a much stronger knee than your 20 years old self.

The only problem is that it's estimated to break down after about 20 - 30 years and you need a follow up surgery but by that time you'd be 60 - 70 years old. You'd not be playing anymore.