Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: David Lee to GSW @ 5yrs $65 mil

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle
    i honestly think lee gets underrated because he has white boy game. he's not super athletic, flashy, or any of that. he's just VERY consistent in everything he does, and probably has one of the best mid range shots in the game with excellent finishing capabilities, even for being undersized against freaks at C.

he'd probably be better at PF with Biedrins playing C. but Biedrins looked horrible last year, and needs to get his rhythm back. i know Biedrins is good tho ii've seen it, and i know he was coming off a lot of time from injury where he looked so bad.

whats wrong with Morrow? i agree he's a terrible defender and sort of lazy, but he's a hell of a streak shooter. they just need a better go to, instead of just feeding it to their guards all of the time who chuck it. they had no bigs to rely on last year but i think Morrow could be better if he wasn't so emphasized like he was between all of the injuries they had, and no bigs.
    Nah I like Morrow a lot actually, but he's a SG to me. He does not have the size/bulk to play the 3. I mean, I guess it could work in the sense that playing players out of position is a GSW specialty, but man, the w's gonna be severely undersized at the 1-3 positions yet again. And yea, at this point, he doesn't bring too much to the table other than his deadly spot up 3 point shooting.

From the sound of it, Lee sounds like a 4 anyways. I'm confident Biedrins can come back to form after he heals and the warriors rid themselves of nellie who was reported to have tensions with Biedrins...not surprising.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by SinJackal
    Boozer > Lee first of all, so of course he gets more.

Also, that's only 3m a year difference. Everyone said some team is gonna get Lee cheap for some crap like 8-10m since Boozer just signed. I told them he would be getting 12-13m a year anyway.

Now he's getting 13m.

Predicted perfectly. I win.
    You said, and I quote....

Btw, I told you newbs DLee was getting as much as Boozer if not more.

Someone was going to buckle.
    And neither are true.

You are factually wrong. 3 million more a year is like the salary for a good veteran role player. Times 5. 15 million dollars. You lose, bro. Your prediction wasn't perfect at all.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    The Warriors are about to be under new ownership, and the new owner is interested in WINNING. The run n gun days are about to be over... and we are going to sign a guy who thrives in the run n gun system to a 5 year deal?
    That says it best. Very good observation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b4ball
    That says it best. Very good observation.

considering they have monta and curry still, i don't know why they would be switching away from run and gun. those guys excel in that system.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Duncan and Manu were fine last year for the most part. the only big injury they had was TP which worked out for the better since Manu finally got to run the show and prove how much of a beast he is.

Blair is overrated. Mcdyess is extremely inconsistent. Duncan is getting older and older, and only played like the HoF Duncan like 1 out of every 3 games. i think Shaq will help especially on the boards where they got dominated by size some games, but i don't see them being much better. if anything they overacheived last year but thats due to Manu playing like the best guard in the league the 2nd half of last season.
    Their big three missed LOT of games, and were playing injured through at least 1/3rd of the games they did play. You're obviously not very up to date on the Spurs. . .Even when Manu was playing late last year, he was still recovering from injury. I watched every Spurs game last year. . .trust me, they had injury issues all year long.

Also, Blair is not overrated. He had multiple games of 20+ points and 20+ rebounds last year. As a rookie! How is that overrated??? He's extremely good. He's just not a star player. ..and of course, nobody says he is one.

I agree on McDyess being inconsistent. But he's still a hell of a player to come off the bench, you have to admit that.

Parker also played through plantar fasciitis for dozens of games last season.

Everyone claimed the Celtics sucked balls and were too old, that the Spurs sucked. . .each team won 50+ games, Celtics made the finals. . .dude if SA was in the east they'd be 2-3 seed last year and possibly have gotten to the finals.

Trust me, never count out the Spurs as long as they still have those three, + are adding pieces intelligently each year, unlike the Cavs.

Banned

Their big three missed LOT of games, and were playing injured through at least 1/3rd of the games they did play. You're obviously not very up to date on the Spurs. . .Even when Manu was playing late last year, he was still recovering from injury. I watched every Spurs game last year. . .trust me, they had injury issues all year long.

Also, Blair is not overrated. He had multiple games of 20+ points and 20+ rebounds last year. As a rookie! How is that overrated??? He's extremely good. He's just not a star player. ..and of course, nobody says he is one.

I agree on McDyess being inconsistent. But he's still a hell of a player to come off the bench, you have to admit that.

Parker also played through plantar fasciitis for dozens of games last season.

Everyone claimed the Celtics sucked balls and were too old, that the Spurs sucked. . .each team won 50+ games, Celtics made the finals. . .dude if SA was in the east they'd be 2-3 seed last year and possibly have gotten to the finals.

Trust me, never count out the Spurs as long as they still have those three, + are adding pieces intelligently each year, unlike the Cavs.

actually i posted in most of the Spurs game threads when the games were going on, and many of the spurs related threads last year. they were actually my favorite team to watch throughout the whole 2nd half of last year due to Manu.

if they were hurt they were minor injuries. only serious injury was TP's.

Blair is undersized. he'd have those monster games once in a blue moon, and it was clearly based on the matchups. but as far as regularity he IS overrated, he just can't handle the height mismatches. people think too highly of him due to the rookie game, and those few and far between stat blow ups.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    You are factually wrong. 3 million more a year is like the salary for a good veteran role player. Times 5. 15 million dollars. You lose, bro. Your prediction wasn't perfect at all.
    It was a figure of speech. Boozer was first assumed to be getting 13m. Hence, "DLee is going to be getting just as much". Later, it was reported Boozer was going to get a 5 year 80m deal.

We talked about right after Boozer signed, and I perfectly predicted the 12-13m a year salary for DLee after people stupidly started claiming some team was going to get Lee for 8m a year.

Perectly predicted to the dollar.

Veteran role players don't get 3m, they get like 5m. A crappy 3m a year player isn't going to make the Warriors any better when they have a low defense 13m a year PF as their key FA pickup. A PF who's completely unproven in the playoffs, and has never played for a high win team ever.

What 3m a year player could the Bulls possibly add with DLee that would be better than just Boozer?

That's what I thought.

actually i posted in most of the Spurs game threads when the games were going on, and many of the spurs related threads last year. they were actually my favorite team to watch throughout the whole 2nd half of last year due to Manu.

if they were hurt they were minor injuries. only serious injury was TP's.

Blair is undersized. he'd have those monster games once in a blue moon, and it was clearly based on the matchups. but as far as regularity he IS overrated, he just can't handle the height mismatches. people think too highly of him due to the rookie game, and those few and far between stat blow ups.

Everyone knows he's undersized. He's never touted as some huge player who's goign to bomb on people defensively with his "huge size". He's known as an energy player off the bench who can grab a lot of boards and scrap for balls.

I don't see how that makes him "overrated". I haven't seen anyone rate him as any more than a high energy player who's capable of big games.

Espn are saying, if the trade goes through.. Lee would get 6 years/80 million...

Ford By Chad Ford
    Archive
    LeBron James and David Lee are the last of the top uncommitted free agents on our Top Free Agent list.

Once LeBron announces his intentions tonight at 9 p.m. on ESPN, Lee should know pretty quickly where he'll land.

League sources tell me that the Warriors are in the lead to land Lee in a sign-and-trade with the Knicks if New York doesn't win the LeBron Lottery tonight.

However, Lee's agent Mark Bartelstein, told ESPN.com on Thursday that reports out of the Bay Area newspapers that a deal with Golden State is done are premature. "There are a million things going on right now," Bartelstein said. "We are still talking to five different teams about different scenarios. David hasn't made up his mind and nothing has been agreed to. I'm not sure where all of this stuff is coming from."

The proposed deal, according to sources, would send Lee to the Warriors for Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike among others. The deal was first reported by Marcus Thompson of the Contra Costa Times.

Lee is expected to get a 6 year, $80 million dollar deal from the Warriors in the sign-and-trade.

Knicks GM Donnie Walsh has coveted Randolph for years and feels he'd give them another long, athletic forward to pair with Amare Stoudemire and Danilo Gallinari in the front court.

If the Knicks do land LeBron tonight, they'll have to renounce their rights to Lee in order to fit in LeBron under the cap. That will kill any chances of a sign-and-trade.

A number of other teams including the Raptors, Suns, Timberwolves and Nets have made pitches to Lee in the past several days. The Knicks are also engaged in numerous trade talks at the moment and could still decide to go in another direction as well.
    so it is Boozer money...

It was a figure of speech. Boozer was first assumed to be getting 13m. Hence, "DLee is going to be getting just as much". Later, it was reported Boozer was going to get a 5 year 80m deal.

We talked about right after Boozer signed, and I perfectly predicted the 12-13m a year salary for DLee after people stupidly started claiming some team was going to get Lee for 8m a year.

Veteran role players don't get 3m, they get like 5m. A crappy 3m a year player isn't going to make the Warriors any better when they have a low defense 13m a year PF as their key FA pickup. A PF who's completely unproven in the playoffs, and has never played for a high win team ever.

What 3m a year player could the Bulls possibly add with DLee that would be better than just Boozer?

That's what I thought.
    All I have to go on is what you're posted here in this thread. I don't see any perfect predictions. If you said that, great. I don't see it, though. So, based the post I quoted from you, you were wrong.

Players making 3 million or less
    Glen Davis
    Jamario Moon
    Anthony Parker
    Leon Powe
    J.J. Barea
    Chris Wilcox
    Anthony Morrow
    Kelenna Azubuike
    Chuck Hayes
    Luis Scola
    Dahntay Jones
    Solomon Jones
    Ersan Ilyasova
    Thabo Sefolosha
    Matt Barnes
    Grant Hill
    Carl Landry
    Ronnie Price
    Wes Matthews
    Andray Blatche

None of those guys are on rookie deals. I made sure not to use those players. A few guys might make a shade over 3 mill. And don't come in here nit picking about who isn't a good role player on the list. My point is simply that for 3 million a year, you can get a good role player. Yes, some role players make more. That isn't my point. My point is that you're trying to down play 15 million dollars over 5 years like it's nothing. It's not.

"That's what I thought." Who do you think are? Seriously. Give me a break, kid.

That's what I thought.
    Well, are you correct now or not? Because he's getting 80 million, it appears.

So which of your predictions are you claiming? The 13 million a year or the "as much, if not more"?

I usually hit open layups

So what is the warriors line up with that?

Starters
    Curry
    Ellis
    Reggie Williams??
    Lee
    Biedrins

Bench
    Watson
    Morrow
    Wright
    Tolliver
    Hunter
    Radmanovic
    Udoh

Damn thats uninspiring

Quote Originally Posted by Baby_D
    So what is the warriors line up with that?

Starters
    Curry
    Ellis
    Reggie Williams??
    Lee
    Biedrins

Bench
    Watson
    Morrow
    Wright
    Tolliver
    Hunter