Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Stan Van Gundy confirms Dwight Howard asked Magic to fire him

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    So now we're equating Dwight with Judas? The rule has always been to criticize players who publicly air dirty laundry about their teams, and now you're telling me that even feeling unsatisfied with the circumstances that surround you is wrong? I simply don't agree.

Listen we all know Dwight has handled this situation horrible, but you can't convince me that Dwight made the wrong decision when he chose to publicly support the team and by extension the coach no matter what he believed privately.
    There's a difference between thinking SVG should be fired and telling team management to fire him. If I tell you I'm your friend and smile in your face while telling your boss that you should be fired, if you find out are you going to shake my hand and say all is well when you see me? And Van Gundy is putting on this act the whole season. SVG just hit his breaking point with Howard's fakeness.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Stan Van Gundy is Jesus
    He's gonna get fired for our sins

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    There's a difference between thinking SVG should be fired and telling team management to fire him. If I tell you I'm your friend and smile in your face while telling your boss that you should be fired, if you find out are you going to shake my hand and say all is well when you see me? And Van Gundy is putting on this act the whole season. SVG just hit his breaking point with Howard's fakeness.
    Without a doubt I understand the feelings SVG are going through and I'm not trying to minimize it, but that is not an excuse that should allow him to keep his job. Stan is a coaching lifer who knows whats expected of him as a coach and he broke those rules.

Now I guess the next move belongs to the organization.

i was just watching espn and saw that clip where van gundy is talking about how howard wants him fired and that he heard this directly from management.... then dwight howard walks up, clueless about the converstation and puts him arm around him. then they proceed to tell howard what they were just asking gundy about... he looks shell-shocked.

It's funny how i joked how SVG is pringles-lite, and it turns out he is more like D'Antoni than i thought.

Toney Douglas, last game 15point 7/12 6 assists, and before the idiots come out and say it was just a game, his career high was 30 points against the best defensive team last year, he routinely had great games last year, he is a cheap serviceable player.

But D'Antoni was hell bent on making him the scapegoat and sell the idea to everyone that he was the one to blame for the Knicks struggles, hence Jeremy Lin playing 48 minutes a game, hence probably his injury.

SVG is hellbent on selling the idea that him being fired is on Howard, and has nothing to do with his competence or lack of it. Period.

Worse than players with egos is coaches with egos.

And it's working, now Howard is the villain and it seems that all the dumb trades the Magic did was his demands

Howard is in his absolute right to like or not like SVG, saying anything else is believing that every employee in the world just loves everyone that is above him in the chain of command... That's retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Without a doubt I understand the feelings SVG are going through and I'm not trying to minimize it, but that is not an excuse that should allow him to keep his job. Stan is a coaching lifer who knows whats expected of him as a coach and he broke those rules.

Now I guess the next move belongs to the organization.
    One of the things I'm saying is, SVG doesn't care anymore. He knows his days as HC are numbered, in that press conference he talks about possibly getting canned in the next three minutes. He's in "**** it" mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    It's funny how i joked how SVG is pringles-lite, and it turns out he is more like D'Antoni than i thought.

Toney Douglas, last game 15point 7/12 6 assists, and before the idiots come out and say it was just a game, his career high was 30 points against the best defensive team last year, he routinely had great games last year, he is a cheap serviceable player.

But D'Antoni was hell bent on making him the scapegoat and sell the idea to everyone that he was the one to blame for the Knicks struggles, hence Jeremy Lin playing 48 minutes a game, hence probably his injury.

SVG is hellbent on selling the idea that him being fired is on Howard, and has nothing to do with his competence or lack of it. Period.

And it's working, now Howard is the villain and it seems that all the dumb trades the Magic did was his demands

Howard is in his absolute right to like or not like SVG, saying anything else is believing that every employee in the world just loves everyone that is above him in the chain of command... That's retarded.
    You're introducing the Knicks to a topic that has nothing to do with them. As for the rest, SVG has led Orlando to the Finals with only one star. I don't view him as a great coach but he hasn't underachieved given the talent he has on his roster. Howard can dislike SVG if he wants but being fake and trying to get him fired behind his back while smiling in his face is not an act worthy of respect.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SVG should have never have said what he said and put Howard on the spot like that. His job is to lead the team, and airing dirty laundry is unbecoming of a leader.

I hope the Hawks play the Magic in the first round.

We will definitely beat them.

Last year when we beat them in the playoffs, that was his downfall, since SVG had no ideas on what to do and made no adjustments at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    SVG should have never have said what he said and put Howard on the spot like that. His job is to lead the team, and airing dirty laundry is unbecoming of a leader.
    Yah but just think what would happen if the Roman empire said "Jesus, your home boy Judas said he wants u to be crucified" - so instead of Jesus staying quiet and bein all "proper" Jesus says f*ck this sh*t I aint goin down without takin his sorry ass down, and publicly exposes Judas for being the backstabbing snake that he was. Whether what Jesus did was right or wrong everybody would start to turn their heads to call out Judas for also bein a shithead and in the confusion Jesus could possibly make an escape or at least get the comfort of know Judas was gonna get his tongue cut off or be stoned to death or some shit...

Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 04-06-2012 at 11:56 AM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange

ummm i was the only one sticking up for Tony D. like a month ago, every Knicks fan was saying he was horrible....most of you were with D Antoni in that decision despite Tony D. year after year being hated on early then getting opportunities later and playing well for them.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Yeah but like Real Men Wear Green said, SVG was already in 'i don't care phase' because he knew he was going to be canned. He just got fed up and spoke the truth. I don't think he had any intention of being a leader at that point.

I'd like to know when this whole thing started. It must have started with Dwight wanting a coaching change, possibly due to not getting enough touches. But if that's the case, given the limited good coaches out there you can replace SVG with, why not opt out?

NBA Superstar

the management should be blamed first for telling SVG what Dwight said, which caused the drama in the first place.

i don't know how they thought that was good for the team thinking SVG could put it aside while coaching him. i don't blame SVG, wtf did he do? not be fake and put on a face for the media even when that two faced diva put his arm over him in front of the camera's like everything was cool? i'll give SVG credit for walking away from him like he did...

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    So i guess you never worked in a place where once a while you have to evaluate everyone and everything, using anonymous questionnaires. I guess if you had to be honest and badly evaluate someone you worked with, you would stop talking with that person even if you liked him\her at a personal level, and doing anything else would be fakeness from your part.

There's a reason why those questionnaires are anonymous. How do you think you would feel, if you came to work next day and you questionnaire was on the bulletin board identified as being yours, when you gave a bad note to your superior and to some co-workers?

Yeah, yeah poor SVG.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

How do we know that SVG didn't ask that Howard be traded for Bynum and Gasol?

Coaches ask for players to get traded, why can't players ask for coaches to be fired?