Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 05-23-2007, 10:58 PM   #16
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default Re: Why doesn't Portland go after KG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
You ****ing kidding. I wouldn't even trade Aldridge for KG. Let alone anything else. KG is getting ollllllld people, portland is building. Then future firsts. ***** please.
First of all, Oden is approaching his 40s so any notion of a youth movement in Portland gets thrown out the door. :)

Seriously though, KG turned 31 last week. He's got atleat another 5 or so years at his insanely talented level. That gives Roy about 3 more years to develop by which he will be approaching his prime because he'll be around 27. Oden will have 3 years of experience by then and with KG around, he'll have a good tutor. Both Roy and Oden will get lots of playoff experience because with KG they will make the playoffs annually. Jack will be considered a top 10 PG within a couple of years if he continues to improve.

So in about 2-3 seasons, the Blazers will be contenders. They will have 2 or 3 good shots at it before KG begans to decline. Then they will be left with a strong core of a dominant big man in Oden, skilled swingman in Roy, and a pass first PG in Jack.

If you won't trade Aldridge for KG, you need to lay off the pipe bro.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:02 PM   #17
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceVenturaPetDet
22/13 is more like a 14 million dollar player, if ur getting paid 21 million, u better do ur best and not slack around, 27 ppg, 15 rpg is more like it.
You realize that guys like Mike Bibby/Antawn Jamison make nearly 12-14 million.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:05 PM   #18
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

I was kind of operating under the assumption that the wolves wouldn't want Randolph. If they do...

Zach
Aldridge
Webster
Dickau (filler. he sucks right?)

for

KG
Hassell
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:12 PM   #19
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

KG will definitely make the Blazers a contender with there youth but Mini will never agree to a trade like that.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:55 PM   #20
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
you wouldnt trade aldridge for KG??? okay? aldridge is young, but he'll never be KG

No I wouldn't. A few things I have against KG.

1- He's been a punk(cheap shots) along with ricky davis every time he's played portland and the fans hate him
2 - He's getting old, at 31 and already 12 years in the league, knee problems are starting and McHale is even cutting his minutes.
3 - KG is fools gold, he's a 4th quarter Houdini.
4 - I've seen enough of Aldridge, especially when he got the starting job with a string of 20 point games and defence to know he's a keeper. He's the hardest worker on the blazers and a good character guy.

Fact is KG is not going to get traded anyway. The only way he's leaving Minne is when he comes off contract and this clown is talking about getting a contract extension.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:56 PM   #21
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

i think minny would accept a package of aldridge, randolph, webster and miles/lafrentz and draft picks for kg and hudson/jaric.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:44 AM   #22
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
1- He's been a punk(cheap shots) along with ricky davis every time he's played portland and the fans hate him
I've never thought of a guy who takes cheap shots. I mean he is willing to battle (See Peeler in the playoffs) but he never seems to be an instigator.

Quote:
2 - He's getting old, at 31 and already 12 years in the league, knee problems are starting and McHale is even cutting his minutes.
He isn't exactly declining a lot over age. He's becoming a smarter player and makes the players around him better (see cassell/spree). He could still play at close to the same level for 5 or so seasons. With Portland, he could get a ring. And I trust KG's hurting knees alot more than I would trust Randoph's.

Quote:
3 - KG is fools gold, he's a 4th quarter Houdini.
This season, the Wolves started tanking. Everytime I see KG play, he gives his all in the 4th. Tell me that KG isn't clutch in the fourth, after I saw him beat the Kings in the playoffs during the 4th quarter during 3 games in his MVP season.

Quote:
4 - I've seen enough of Aldridge, especially when he got the starting job with a string of 20 point games and defence to know he's a keeper. He's the hardest worker on the blazers and a good character guy.
Aldridge is good but where will the minutes come from between Aldridge, Oden, and Randoph?
Old 05-24-2007, 12:50 AM   #23
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Quote:
Aldridge is good but where will the minutes come from between Aldridge, Oden, and Randoph?

How does getting KG help that? He plays the same position. Randolph needs to be traded, regardless.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:02 PM   #24
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far

Why would you trade Aldridge for KG?

Why would you want KG?!

You have Zach Randolph who puts up pretty much the same numbers as KG (offensivly) and can teach Greg Oden a better inside game than KG can. Plus Randolph is 4 years younger. Plus...if the Timberwolves did want to trade KG to Portland then they'd want Sergio Rodriguez or Jarrett Jack plus probably Joel Pryzbilla and draft picks

But Paul Allen doesn't want to trade Rodriguez and Nate doesn't want to lose Jack. There are rumours of Pryzbilla to Minnesota though...but probably for a second draft pick and not even for this years draft.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:18 PM   #25
Cavs2007Champs
Common-sense Cavs Fan

Cavs2007Champs has decent reputation

I think the only way Minny would pull off a trade with Portland is something along the lines of swapping picks this year Minny's 7 for Portlands 1 and then give up KG, I think that would be the first stepping stones for Minny 2 consider, but then Portland would be paying 40 million for KG and Randolph.

But then I don't think the top pick this year is a tradeable pick, last year, YES, but this year it's Greg Oden, I think you keep that, you have a lot of young guys that you will need 2 re sign in the next few years, and when Randolphs contract is up you will have Aldridge 2 take over with Oden at the Center.

The trade that I've propsed sounds crazy, but I don't think there is much Minny would want from Portland, but Portland would look good with KG there, but they are still very young, they don't need a proven All star like KG, they should just take Oden and develop this young core of players 2gether, and in another year they could be in the playoffs, and then advance further and further year after year.

But top pick for the 7th and KG, I think that is what the starting bid has 2 be for Minny 2 pull that trade.
Cavs2007Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:07 PM   #26
westcoastballer
Can barely lace up my sneakers

westcoastballer has an OK reputation so far

trading LaMarcus for KG right now would probably be a mistake. KG is great but you also gotta remember that he is the highest paid player in the league, he's not getting any younger, and he hasnt led his team to a finals appearance despite having talent around him during a few seasons. LaMarcus id going to be a STAR, wont command KG type money, and will be peaking when the blazers are ready to contend for a title (when KG will be past his prime)
westcoastballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: