Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default You think Dominos is on the verge of going out of business?

Ever since they re-created their pizza they've been floundering IMO. Their old pizza wasn't anything special but it had its niche as a plain and average pizza that people liked. I know a lot of people that ordered Dominos despite it being real average.

Then in comes the new pizza and it tastes so butter/seasoning heavy that it felt like a breadstick pizza. I don't really like it, its too overboard with the seasonings. After that they started rolling out all of these deals/gimmicks.

Now dominos is running a $7.99 Large 3 topping pizza....I mean thats a sick deal, maybe the best i've seen. But it just seems like they're getting real desperate

Default Re: You think Dominos is on the verge of going out of business?

I don't know too much about Domino's specifically, but companies are hurt by the weak economy, too. My local pizza place has been raising prices lately, because the price of flour and cheese is going up. Perhaps Domino's has downgraded to a cheaper type of flour or dough, and is making up for it with adding seasonings/spices? Or maybe they think that's just what the customer wants?

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

they would be my favorite if they didn't make their pizza so damn small

The "new and improved" Dominos is atrocious. I've ordered it about three or four times since they changed the recipe and each time it tasted all dried out with no flavor.

I would not even take that 7.99 deal because it taste so bad.

Blu Ray

I wouldn't touch Dominos with a 100 foot pole. Never have, never will. When you live near a major city like Boston, you have the advantage of great food and that includes pizza. I'll drive out of my way to go to a small corner pizza shop in or around Boston. The Greeks really know how to make a f*cking pizza.

However, I had Pizza Hut's "rustic" pizza once and that wasn't too bad.

the only thing I like about dominos is when you get the thin crust pizza its cut into little squares which makes it easy to eat with large groups.

other than that, the new recipe stinks.

and WTF is up with telling us to check the damn delivery box to let them know if their new chicken is good?

are they going to collect the box at a later date?

SMH

Oh the Bealsanity

the new recipe is awesome

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Gator bringing in the facts.

that said, if i'm going with a chain pizza i'm either getting Pizza Hut or donatos.

Best chain pizza, at least on the west coast, is Round Table Pizza.

Dominos is trash, and so is Pizza Hut. I ate that junk in College, and even the thought of it now makes me sick to my stomach. I remember the worst part was trying to reheat Dominos pizza... and the cheese wouldn't melt, it would just get really hot.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I haven't had Dominoes since I was in middle school at some kids birthday party. There's still one near me, which astonishes me. Where I live in the northeast, between NY and New Haven CT, Pizza is practically it's own genus. I have a guy who works at the shop I work at who also works at a pizza joint at night. He's been there since he was a kid, and he was telling me that one slow night, they were sitting around talking about it, and said they could rattle off over a hundred places you can get a pizza within a 15 minute drive of where they stood. It seemed hard to believe, but I started doing it with him, and can get to fifty without much thought, and that doesn't even count all the places I've never been to or even noticed.

They vary in style, quality, cost, and other aspects. I have four or five places I consider on the regular. A local take out New Haven style brick oven that's close and easy (Pappas). A specific place for Scicilian (Villa). A greek spot (Paradise). A bar pie place (Porky's (great local wings too)). A nicer date type spot (Bar). A place to stop for slices (De Pizza Man). A place that's cheap and does quick delivery (Star). A place that does the best white clam pie (Sally's). It's actually to the point where I get hankerings not for pizza, but for specific types of pizza from particular places (my favorite place, The Colony specializes in a hot oil pie I've talked about here that's an entirely seperate entity).

How a place like Dominoes stays in business in my area astounds me. I will say that the one here is in what could fairly be described as a bad area, and it's possible it excels in part because it's dirt cheap, and secondly because of speed of it's delivery, but I still don't get it.

We still have a real sit down pizza hut near me that was at one time really good, but I haven't been in there in many years.

I normally go for local places around me. That being said I really like one style from the new Dominos: Thin crust white pizza with roasted chicken, roasted red pepper, and mushroom.

Blu Ray

Dominos is a more of a B pizza kinda place.

Oh the Bealsanity

Quote Originally Posted by Black Joker
    Gator bringing in the facts.

that said, if i'm going with a chain pizza i'm either getting Pizza Hut or donatos.

I can't eat pizza anymore but Dominos was meh to me. If I'm getting chain pizza I normally would just get the cheapest, Hungy Howies 5 dollar large FTW!

I eat and enjoy Dominos 10x more than Pizza Hut. Dominos also has great deals around here and their delivery people are fast in my area. I like the new recipe too. Obviously not as good as high quality places, but it's good for a chain.