Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Protein Powder....which brand do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Get the cheapest brand. It's just whey protein. 95% of the supplement industry is bullshit. You won't get better gainz if you take a big label whey protein over a cheaper one.

Save yourself the cash, get a cheap ass whey, and use that money on a cheap ass creatine mono (very cheap) and take 3-5g of that a day. With the even more money you saved, go make sure your food is in order, you will reach your calories, macros, because that is way more important than what brand of whey protein you take.

Also my advice, get your vitamins and minerals in order. Get a 10,000 IU Vitamin D3 supplement, a zinc supplement, some Iodine, and a cheap multi vitamin. You can get this shit dirt cheap on the net. Trust me, 300 10,000 IU D3 capsules i got for like 6 bucks off iherb. Trust me, D3 is a must have, especially if you don't get much sunlight, or live in a particular place.
    Just curious as to where you get your information from? Not trying to insult you but you seem misinformed

Quote Originally Posted by therammingman
    Which brand do you currently use and which others have you used recently?

Anyone try musclepharm? bodybuilding.coms in house protein powder brand? others?
    Not a Musclepharm fan. Bodybuilding.com is a skewed place to buy protein. I wouldn't go by their recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    Everyone who takes protein powder and/or supplements will develop cancer before age 50
    What in protein powder is going to do this if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    can't believe people still take this shit....
    Go see a proper trainer and a proper nutritionist if you're trying to build muscle.
    Protein powder is no different that any other form of protein at the end of the day.
    BTW, I'm a trained nutritionist and got my degree at U of F. A proper trainer is far less educated that a proper nutritionist when it comes to giving advice on nutrition

Right now I'm using our iso-100 Birthday Cake flavor. So yummy. This is hydrolysed protein. Fastest absorbing protein on the market

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Just curious as to where you get your information from? Not trying to insult you but you seem misinformed
    Tell me where I'm misinformed?

If your talking about the vitamins? Thats just what I'd advise someone to spend the extra cash they are saving from using a basic whey. They are more so for general well being and health, which is important in any physical exercise, in this case weight training usually.
    Last edited by Im Still Ballin; 07-09-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Tell me where I'm misinformed?

If your talking about the vitamins? Thats just what I'd advise someone to spend the extra cash they are saving from using a basic whey. They are more so for general well being and health, which is important in any physical exercise, in this case weight training usually.
    Are you familiar with any manufacturing standards?
    There are many filler the industry uses in order to bring down costs. Not to mention sourcing raw material in what they use in their product. Prices are adjusted accordingly to standards and quality of material. For all you know the "cheap" brand can have a certain percentage of useless fillers.

As for the vitamins, I fully support that. But you don't replace protein with vitamins. Macro and micro work together like nails and wood when building a house.
    Also vitamin d in those dosages are in extremely rare cases. You'd have to live in the North Pole to rely on those dosages.

Decent playground baller

wow strong, so strong

Are you familiar with any manufacturing standards?
    There are many filler the industry uses in order to bring down costs. Not to mention sourcing raw material in what they use in their product. Prices are adjusted accordingly to standards and quality of material. For all you know the "cheap" brand can have a certain percentage of useless fillers.

As for the vitamins, I fully support that. But you don't replace protein with vitamins. Macro and micro work together like nails and wood when building a house.
    Also vitamin d in those dosages are in extremely rare cases. You'd have to live in the North Pole to rely on those dosages.
    Protein is protein. End of story. It wouldn't be on the shelf if it didn't pass certain standards. Besides, even the expensive brands have questionable fillers/substances in them. Just look at the shit BB.com was selling, i remember they got exposed for some of the supplements they were selling.

Besides, what brand of protein powder, or how fast it absorbs is frankly not that important. As long as you are getting an adequate amount for your goals, and you are reaching the right amount of calories you need, then you are fine. Calories in vs calories out IMO is more important than protein quality. The difference a "high quality" protein supplement would make is soo small it's insignificant. There are far more important issues in relation to training progression and LBM gains.

I never said replace protein with vitamins. I said save your money buying a cheaper whey protein and spend your savings on vitamins. I take 10,000 IU a day of D3 and i live in Perth. Is it overkill? Maybe, but your better off with 10,000 IU than barely 1000 IU. Plus the 10k IU capsules i got were dirt cheap. Absolute steal.

Protein is protein. End of story. It wouldn't be on the shelf if it didn't pass certain standards. Besides, even the expensive brands have questionable fillers/substances in them. Just look at the shit BB.com was selling, i remember they got exposed for some of the supplements they were selling.
    I'll agree that protein is protein once it is all fully digested into the system and exact calorie count, but stating premium brands with certain quality control is equal to cheaper brands is like saying a Lexus is the same as a Hyundai. You're neglecting certain manufacturing standards such as GMP, NSF, certain FDA approval. You're also neglecting certain useless fillers companies use to make it look good on the label but make no sense in the product and drive down costs. Anyone can get a product on the market just like anyone can build a car.

Besides, what brand of protein powder, or how fast it absorbs is frankly not that important. As long as you are getting an adequate amount for your goals, and you are reaching the right amount of calories you need, then you are fine. Calories in vs calories out IMO is more important than protein quality. The difference a "high quality" protein supplement would make is soo small it's insignificant. There are far more important issues in relation to training progression and LBM gains.
    I'll agree there that at the end of the day 1gr of protein = 1 gr of any other protein in the world. However rate of absorption is a very significant contributor to certain goals. There are ones with an anabolic rate of 2 hours compared to ones that have an anabolic rate up to 10 hours. This affect everything from muscle building to weight management. Also there are proteins that digest withing minutes compared to some that digest after an hour.
    But my overall issue with what you said is the cheaper brands not based on result, but based on the material you're paying for. Again compare the Lexus to a Hyundai. Both get you to point A to point B. According to your logic they both will get you there the same way so might as well buy the Hyundai.
    I never said replace protein with vitamins. I said save your money buying a cheaper whey protein and spend your savings on vitamins. I take 10,000 IU a day of D3 and i live in Perth. Is it overkill? Maybe, but your better off with 10,000 IU than barely 1000 IU. Plus the 10k IU capsules i got were dirt cheap. Absolute steal.
    Fair enough. I might have misread you. But take my suggestions about protein and apply them to vitamins. Same goes for quality control as well.

Decent playground baller

Now this pinoy is hatin on my fvkin elantra!

my whip just as good as any overpriced lexus

Banned

umpteenth time hateraid is pretending to be an authority on the subject, peddling his sleazy products.

My Game's Nucking Futs The_Night_Elf's Avatar

Right now I'm using our iso-100 Birthday Cake flavor. So yummy. This is hydrolysed protein. Fastest absorbing protein on the market

My friend uses that. Says it's quality is really high.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

[QUOTE=Marlo_Stanfield]lol if you want to increase weight just eat eat eat.
    eat whatever( meat,cheese,noodles,sweets are the best) and just train everyday.
    i looked better than most guys in the fitness center stuffing themselves with protein drinks and steroids.
    [B]some people actually asked me if i

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

This is my go-to protein powder, Costco always has it. 75 servings, 27 grams per, and $50.