Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Who should Pistons draft in 2013 NBA Draft?

Love the idea of getting a guy like Rice late in the 1st. I also wonder if a team like OKC might want to trade up to 7. I could see them targetting a guy like Bennett,Zeller or Mccollum. We could get their late 1st in this deal and get a Franklin/Rice combo or something of the like.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Love the idea of getting a guy like Rice late in the 1st. I also wonder if a team like OKC might want to trade up to 7. I could see them targetting a guy like Bennett,Zeller or Mccollum. We could get their late 1st in this deal and get a Franklin/Rice combo or something of the like.
    I almost like doing that better.

In reply to the other post too, I don't think Oladipo will be around at #7. The choices are just too slim on the perimeter this year. I really don't see him as the next Dwayne Wade. Little SG's scare me. He has a huge chance of ending up just as injury prone as Wade. Zeller is a freak athlete. Didn't he just measure the highest vertical of anybody over 6'9" in years? He may not be around at #7 even.

The other thing with a trade with OKC is they have Jeremy Lamb too. I'm not really sure why he didn't get more playing time this year but he's a guy who could potentially fit at SG with us too.

NBA lottery pick

These ping pong balls never go our way. We've moved down a spot again.....

NBA lottery pick

I don't know how the Cavaliers and Wizards always get those good picks.

NBA lottery pick

It's kind of ironic there was all that talk about Detroit winning the tie-breaker with Washington. I'm pretty sure Washington just won that tie-breaker, lol.

NBA lottery pick

It seems like every mock draft has us taking CJ McCollum now. It makes no sense to me to have two guys in our back court who are both 6'3". They must plan on keeping Stuckey around if that's the case. Personally I would much rather have Glen Rice Jr. I think he's really going to surprise people. There's a slight chance he would fall to us in the 2nd round but I doubt it. I would really like to package both of our 2nd rounders and move up a bit to grab him. Then with our lottery pick we can take a gamble on someone like Shabazz.

NBA lottery pick

It sounds like the Mavericks want to get rid of their 1st round pick (#13). They want to clear cap space so they can't take on any money meaning they would have to trade it to a team under the cap. I would think they could trade it to the Pistons for their second round picks. Then they could draft some overseas players and leave them over there for a year or two so they don't have to sign them right away. That would give us #8 and #13, we could possibly package those and move up to get a guy like Burke, Porter, or McLemore. Or we could just keep the two first rounders and go after Shabazz and someone like Hardaway Jr or Rice Jr.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...at-howard-cp3/

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I almost like doing that better.

In reply to the other post too, I don't think Oladipo will be around at #7. The choices are just too slim on the perimeter this year. I really don't see him as the next Dwayne Wade. Little SG's scare me. He has a huge chance of ending up just as injury prone as Wade. Zeller is a freak athlete. Didn't he just measure the highest vertical of anybody over 6'9" in years? He may not be around at #7 even.

The other thing with a trade with OKC is they have Jeremy Lamb too. I'm not really sure why he didn't get more playing time this year but he's a guy who could potentially fit at SG with us too.
    Lamb's pretty young and was behind guys like Martin,Jackson and even Thabo. Its hard to break in rookies, especially ones who left as sophomores, on a title contender. I'd like to get him, but they say they expect big things from him this year.

Oladipo isn't small. He's 6'4, solidly built and has freakish length and athleticism. He's rarely going to see an opposing SG more than an inch taller than him and often he'll be taller. I'm not going to not draft a guy based on the idea that he might become injury prone, but for no specific reason.

He's not Wade though, never thought he was. I can't think of a great comparison. Tony Allen pre-injury with better shooting or something like that I guess. I think he'd be a fantastic fit here. Defintely not there at 7 though.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    It sounds like the Mavericks want to get rid of their 1st round pick (#13). They want to clear cap space so they can't take on any money meaning they would have to trade it to a team under the cap. I would think they could trade it to the Pistons for their second round picks. Then they could draft some overseas players and leave them over there for a year or two so they don't have to sign them right away. That would give us #8 and #13, we could possibly package those and move up to get a guy like Burke, Porter, or McLemore. Or we could just keep the two first rounders and go after Shabazz and someone like Hardaway Jr or Rice Jr.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...at-howard-cp3/
    We'd have to take Marion and his 9.2 million dollar salary. We saved 13 or 14 mil by trading Gordon and giving up our 1st rounder next year, so it'd be a net gain and I'd probably do it.

I also wonder if something like Jerebko and both 2nds for Marion and Cunningham(10.5 combined salary) woudl get it done. Save them 6 mil, give them 2 cheap picks(could stash one overseas and trade another for a future 2nd if they didn't want them this year) and a useful player in JJ who is probably better than Marion at this point.

Then maybe we grab something like Zeller/Bennett and Caldwell-Pope/Rice/Shabazz, or whatever you prefer.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Then maybe we grab something like Zeller/Bennett and Caldwell-Pope/Rice/Shabazz, or whatever you prefer.
    You think Zeller would be happy to be the first big off the bench as he wouldn't be a starter as long as moose and Dre are in town?

Do you think Bennett could potentially play the 3?

If no to both questions I am not sure why we would waste a pick on a front court player.

At #8, depending on his workouts, I think Shabazz could be worth the risk... He was the #1 prospect 6 months ago for a reason. He does have quite a bit of potential...

I do like Caldwell too... #8 might be too high to take him though - more of a 10-15 range player..

NBA lottery pick

Lamb's pretty young and was behind guys like Martin,Jackson and even Thabo. Its hard to break in rookies, especially ones who left as sophomores, on a title contender. I'd like to get him, but they say they expect big things from him this year.

Oladipo isn't small. He's 6'4, solidly built and has freakish length and athleticism. He's rarely going to see an opposing SG more than an inch taller than him and often he'll be taller. I'm not going to not draft a guy based on the idea that he might become injury prone, but for no specific reason.

He's not Wade though, never thought he was. I can't think of a great comparison. Tony Allen pre-injury with better shooting or something like that I guess. I think he'd be a fantastic fit here. Defintely not there at 7 though.
    Oladipo is barely 6'4" and while he has a chance to start on some teams I just don't see him as the guy we need. We need a scorer. Obviously defense is important to me as well but we need someone who can create. I think Glen Rice Jr. has a better all around game right now. Nonetheless, Oladipo won't be around for us to draft anyhow.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    You think Zeller would be happy to be the first big off the bench as he wouldn't be a starter as long as moose and Dre are in town?

Do you think Bennett could potentially play the 3?

If no to both questions I am not sure why we would waste a pick on a front court player.

At #8, depending on his workouts, I think Shabazz could be worth the risk... He was the #1 prospect 6 months ago for a reason. He does have quite a bit of potential...

I do like Caldwell too... #8 might be too high to take him though - more of a 10-15 range player..
    I think Zeller could be coming off the bench in his rookie season for a lot of teams that may potentially draft him. There's plenty of room for 3 bigs in a lineup.

I'm not a big Caldwell fan at #8. That's too high for him. I just don't see him as having a high enough ceiling. I think we need to go with a high-risk / high-reward kind of player. This draft is just too weak. Either that or best available, like a Zeller.

NBA lottery pick

We'd have to take Marion and his 9.2 million dollar salary. We saved 13 or 14 mil by trading Gordon and giving up our 1st rounder next year, so it'd be a net gain and I'd probably do it.

I also wonder if something like Jerebko and both 2nds for Marion and Cunningham(10.5 combined salary) woudl get it done. Save them 6 mil, give them 2 cheap picks(could stash one overseas and trade another for a future 2nd if they didn't want them this year) and a useful player in JJ who is probably better than Marion at this point.

While I'm sure they'd think about moving Marion's salary I don't think that's necessarily a deal breaker. Marion has been solid for them. They might like to keep him around if they're going to try to make another run. I know he's been in rumors before but he's a lock down guy for them still. I can't see them moving Cunningham. He had a pretty impressive rookie season. He's cheap, produces well, and has some upside.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    If the Wolves stay at No. 9, one league source predicts Saunders will take UCLA's Shabazz Muhammad. Word has it that the Wolves like him. But so does Detroit, and they pick one spot ahead of the Wolves. 1500 ESPN

Read more at http://*********.com/rumors.htm#45j1OTrgHvybMtrx.99
    Yup, it's long been rumored that the Timberwolves are looking at Muhammad. I would doubt he'd slide by them. There is a chance they would go big though. Who knows if Pekovic stays. Portland is interested in him too....

NBA lottery pick

There's now a rumor that Cleveland might trade for Marion. They would give up 3 of their picks (19, 31, & 33, not the #1 obviously) and he + the #12 pick would be sent to Cleveland. I'm guessing that would fill their hole at SF and then they would draft Noel. That's probably how Dallas goes after Howard too.