Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default re

don't be naive.

no matter what Jordan's star and cult status is in America or anywhere else in the world, he will not win because of his race.

this is not a racist statement coming from one individual, but it is a pretty sure thing to happen.

anyway, Jordan definitely will win governor in the right state though.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

I say why not. The U.S. presidency has become a joke anyways.
    Not really. We joke about Bush probably more than any past President, but in no way has the US Presidency has turned into a joke.

Banned

Bush's presidency and regime will be rememberd as a joke. To think Bush is the best America has to be President is just naive. Try more friends in high places with rediculous money/corporations that supported him from the start.

Anyway MJ would never win and he doesnt even carry that look up to name that he had when he was a player. Now everyone knows about him and all his ho's, his gambling problems, and how hes not this squeaky clean legendary athlete. No way MJ would win.

Hillary is going to win

Banned

I wouldn't put it past him to win as a Republican. there is the issue of his compulsive gambling but hey... Rush pops pills and he still gets 10 million listeners. Bush did coke and drank and he's president for 8 years. Clinton smoked dope and slept around. it can be overcome.

you guys are crazy if you think that lack of intelligence will hold him back. first of all MJ is a pretty intelligent person. second of all politicians do not rely on intelligence. in order to win public office, you need to maintain an image, you need to carry yourself well, you need to speak well in public and handle media attention, and you need to able to keep your head in debate. thats really all it comes down to. after that, you just need the people behind the scenes to get you in. intelligence is actually VERY insignificant.

Bill Clinton is one of the smartest presidents we've ever had. he was BRILLIANT. but he struggled in the area of keeping an air of integrity. just looking at Clinton it was obvious... guy was completely full of ****. luckily his charisma made up for that. Bush on the other hand... is not smart. however he does seem like a man of great integrity and values (whether he is or not is irrelevant: politics aren't about reality).

a black republican. there goes the Democratic Party's black vote. all MJ has to do is show some interest in the african american community (he hasn't yet, but his entire personality and interests would completely change if he were being groomed for president) and their vote would be captivated. Republicans would vote for him because Republicans vote for whoever their party tells them to vote for no matter how patently horrible they are.

he could do it. he carries himself really well. that's one thing you all know. the guy was a class act when the camera was on. plus he is extremely strong, he's someone I could rally behind.

the reason he won't of course is that there are simply (many) better candidates with less baggage and much more to offer should they win. but IF for some reason the Republican Party, say, took a 10 billion dollar bet that they could get MJ into office, and really worked to make it happen, yes, Jordan could very well pull it off. if he won would America be screwed? I don't know. he would probably just get everyone else to do the work for him so he could be simply the face of the country (as opposed to the brain) and spend the rest of the time playing golf.

I mean if anyone would like to tell me why Jordan, with all the modern Republican party's backing, training, grooming, couldn't win when Reagan swept in relying not on being qualified, but by playing the media and the public and acting American, go ahead.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Not really. We joke about Bush probably more than any past President, but in no way has the US Presidency has turned into a joke.
    Ok, so you don't think Bush got re-elected just because Kerry was the bigger moron? If Kerry could make up his mind on any one issue he would have won, but he was a *expleted* who kept trying to play to the voters, but wasn't smart enough to be consistent on the issues.

And like I said. No politician in office knows what it's like to struggle as a middle or lower class citizen and they certainly don't know how to speak the truth.

I see no hope for the future of this country. We have a deficeit so big that you have to be a mathmetition (sp?) to know how to speak the number out loud, and we're still not smart enough to take care of our own country before sticking our noses in the businesses of others.

I can support the guys in the army because they have no choice, but I do not support the ones sending them across the world. Put the army to work restoring our country and we'd really shine. Instead we send them to die in a foreign country.

Do you think any of the politicians care, I mean really give a crap about you or me? All they care about is winning the next election and keeping themselves in a job.

Mathius

Banned

Ok, so you don't think Bush got re-elected just because Kerry was the bigger moron?
    Kerrys far from a moron. thats probably his problem. he also isnt really a flip flopper but thats another discussion.

I see no hope for the future of this country.
    America is retarded and we produce retarded politicians. come on, its pretty obvious this country is one big hilarious mistake. we're the descendants of rich people, criminals, religious weirdos, Africa's most troublesome, Africa's most physcially talented, Ireland's most hungry, and people insane enough to travel all the way over here. the country was founded on unpaid labor and indigenous genocide. the only time we have any national unity whatsoever is a few weeks following every national tragedy. we invented practically everything wrong with the world today.

come on... Americans have to be delusional to take their country or world seriously. just ENJOY IT. be entertained. we have by far the most entertaining culture in world history. not even close. we're seriously like a reality show. "what happens if we toss portions of hundreds of nations into one single state and try to get them to get along? find out on a new episode of the hit reality show America, right after Lost."

NEVER forget da SONICS RainierBeachPoet's Avatar

american politics has yet to embrace the celebrities as serious candidates. seems like ronald reagan is the exception but at least he had experience as the governor of california after his movie days.

arnold s and jesse v are/were governors; but havent been embraced on a national level as being successful

mj as prez-----

if youre looking for a black celebrity who would have a remote chance at the presidency

oprah is your man

because of her tv exposure, magazine and general popularity/trustworthiness she has with many people-- women in particular-- she would have a better shot than mj. never underestimate the soccer mom factor in politics

Irrational Jordan superfan StarJordan's Avatar

This is what Bush has to say to this thread
    Jordan doesn't need 9000 B-52s from factories to make him look macho. When MJ walks into a room, he is THE MAN by default. Put Bush in the same room as Jordan and Mike would own him. Whether he's with some politician, movie star or other big name athletes, MJ always dominates the air. He has the natural style for that.

HAIL TO THE CHIEF '08!

Jordan>Reagan

Jordan can be what the president should be: A DIPLOMATIC FIGUREHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
    oprah is your [COLOR="Red"]man[/COLOR]

Just found that funny

Jordan's Slogans:

"Think about the futAIR."

"I can't be any worse than the last guy"

Bump for Presidential Pippen vs. Jordan debate soon to ensue.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24950

Former Bulls Fan.

Default Re: If Michael Jordan ever ran for President of USA

As bad as he runs the Bobcats..

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Default Re: If Michael Jordan ever ran for President of USA

I would take MJ as president over the illuminati puppets like Obama, Bush etc who are nothing but war monger central banker slaves who destroy the country and work for the big banks, big corporations. MJ would just play poker all day long instead of launch terrorist drone attacks on innocent foreign children like Obama and Bush etc. But then again, the establishment would never let MJ become president unless he himself became a puppet to the banks and corporations.