Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups SayQueensbridge's Avatar

Default Good outdoor basketballs?

I always buy whatever $20-30 basketball they have at Wal-Mart and wear em down in a month or two. They are okay and I don't mind buying new ones but I want a better outdoor basketball. Any suggestions?

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Good outdoor basketballs?

i normally get the wilson wave basketballs they hold up for longer than most of the other balls i have had and are only like 20 bucks

Dunking on everybody in the park Basketman's Avatar

Never Flat. It will last you about a year if you play everyday or almost everyday.

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

someone had a spalding durgrip today, it didn't feel like leather but had lots of grip. looks like a great outdoor ball, i might pick one up actually

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by devin112
    someone had a spalding durgrip today, it didn't feel like leather but had lots of grip. looks like a great outdoor ball, i might pick one up actually
    I'm always looking for grip that will last. They always feel so fantastic in the store but it's hard to gauge which ones are legit. The best outdoor ball I own right now is actually a Nike ball (go figure). It's relatively light and it doesn't become slippery. Also, someone brought a ball called, I believe, "Spalding Elevation". That was a solid rock.

Wilson Reaction is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I'm always looking for grip that will last. They always feel so fantastic in the store but it's hard to gauge which ones are legit. The best outdoor ball I own right now is actually a Nike ball (go figure). It's relatively light and it doesn't become slippery. Also, someone brought a ball called, I believe, "Spalding Elevation". That was a solid rock.
    i'm assuming the "dura" in "duragrip" means durable. i might pick one up, i'll let u know how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I had the Elevation. That ball was alright. It wore out super fast. I was using the Spalding Grip Control and it held up for a while but I left it outside in the sun for a few days and it got ruined. You have to keep them inside when you're not using them. I was thinking about trying that Neverflat ball.

Decent playground baller Fatstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SayQueensbridge
    I always buy whatever $20-30 basketball they have at Wal-Mart and wear em down in a month or two. They are okay and I don't mind buying new ones but I want a better outdoor basketball. Any suggestions?
    TF-1000. Yea i know it says indoor only. But it will last longer, outdoors, than an outdoor ball will.
    As long as its not real leather you can take it outside. And again evne the real leather balls(that i just got and i freakin love it) will probably last longer outdoors than an outdoor ball will.

Mine was used on ROUGH concrete too. As the closest court to my house is pretty crappy. Nice rusty ass rims too. Oh and it made its way into a retention pond on several occasions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketman
    Never Flat. It will last you about a year if you play everyday or almost everyday.
    Huh? I had a never flat that i played with for 2 hours every single day and it lasted about a month. If your cheap im sure 3 woulda been fine but i noticed degradation at 1 month, with daily use.

Granted the court was a pretty rough concrete surface it wasnt like tennis court.

But my TF-1000 spent at least 100 days on concrete and its still fine.
    Last edited by Fatstogie; 08-18-2010 at 06:13 PM.

Learning to shoot layups 5foot6's Avatar

ive had 2 neverflats and they both went flat within a week

NBA Superstar

I also have had average experiences with Neverflats. They do not feel like good basketballs, tend to feel large and balloony. Grip is mediocre.

I'm reading a lot of good things about the Wilson Evolution from different online reviews. The TF-1000 has good ratings as well. I was ready to get the neverflat until someone crapped on it a few post above.

I hate neverflats, no grip outdoors. a little dirt on it and it becomes slippery. wilson is good, can't go wrong. very under rated

Learning to shoot layups ghettoracer's Avatar

I'd say Nike Trifecta is probably the best outdoor ball I've played with. VERY durable.

I usually just bring out my older indoor balls, like when the grip is all worn. I typically use Spalding TF-1000s and they make great outdoor balls after good use indoors. I don't really like the rubbery feel of pure outdoor balls.