Looks like a solid card, and the main event is going to be sweet, Im a heavy Shogun ******ger, but coming of a injury against a very talented young prospect in Jones anything can happen. If Shogun comes in as the Shogun in the Machida 1 & 2 fights I see him destroying Jones standing. The big what ifs are Jones's reach,his greco and just that weird unorthodox striking.
The rest of the card also looks promising. We have the Cali Kid Faber vs Wineland. Akiyama vs Marquadt, which looks like a mismatch since Akiyama is just so small, I think he gets cut if he loses here. But Nate's been kinda in a slump so who knows.
We also have the return of Cro-cop
vs. Shaub, but right now I dont really no what to expect from Cro-cop now, really just a shadow of his former self.
We also get to see the return of Luis Cane and Edson Barboza.
* Light Championship bout: Maurício Rua vs. Jon Jones
* Bantamweight bout: Urijah Faber vs. Eddie Wineland
* Lightweight bout: United States Jim Miller vs. Iran Kamal Shalorus
* Middleweight bout: Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Nate Marquardt
* Heavyweight bout: Mirko Filipović vs. Brendan Schaub
* Light Heavyweight bout: Luiz Cane vs. Eliot Marshall
* Lightweight bout: Edson Barboza vs. Anthony Njokuani
* Welterweight bout: Ricardo Almeida vs. Mike Pyle
* Lightweight bout: Kurt Pellegrino vs. Gleison Tibau
* Bantamweight bout: Joseph Benavidez vs. Ian Loveland
* Middleweight bout: Dan Miller vs. Nick Catone