Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

I'm about 5'11 now (still 13), but based on how tall my family members are, I am probably gonna end up at 6'1 or 6'2, how high will i have to jump to dunk?

Default Re: At about 6"1-6"2, how high would you have to jump to dunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    I'm about 5'11 now (still 13), but based on how tall my family members are, I am probably gonna end up at 6'1 or 6'2, how high will i have to jump to dunk?
    depends on your reach. lets say you could reach 8 feet high, then a 24 inch verticle would get you rim, but you need about 2 or three more. it doesnt matter about your height, its your reach. i would say about 27-30 inch running jump to get it, which isnt that hard to achieve

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Zak
    I slammed when I was 6'2, I was chubby too, your vertical will be enough for you to dunk naturally at 6'3, but 6'2 you will probebly just hvae to be playying ball constantly and be in good shape. I was playing ball alot, but was chubby so that held me down.

Not airballing my layups anymore

about 32-36 inches should do the job, assuming you have average length arms. This also is about the average verticals of college players.

Love me or Hate me Unreal Skill's Avatar

If you play basketball and in shape, you should be close to dunking. Do some workout program for vertical and you shall be able to dunk at 6'2.

Banned

I could dunk and im 14 [6'1 mabey 6'2 now] and its really not that hard...During the summer I just played basketball all day long, jumped rope, did a few polymetrics a week. Before the summer, I could of only grabbed the high part of the net, and now im dunking. I didnt buy any of those programs. Just did the classic stuff and it worked. You should grow and I hope you the best

Its sucky dunk but hey, a dunk is a dunk ;p

iWANNAgoHIGHER. emsteez forreal's Avatar

yeah i'm about 6'1" and my verticals like 17" .. and i'm nowhere near dunking, i still would need about another 7 inches on a good day to throw it down. some days for me i can wrap my fingers around the rim and some days i can barely even touch under the rim.. it sucks because i weigh 180, i should be able to get up there, a big part is genetics . like i have a friend who's about 5'6 or 5'7 and can float, probably weighs about 120 and he's yes, of course black . damn white people breeding black people in slave times ..

Quote Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
    yeah i'm about 6'1" and my verticals like 17" .. and i'm nowhere near dunking, i still would need about another 7 inches on a good day to throw it down. some days for me i can wrap my fingers around the rim and some days i can barely even touch under the rim.. it sucks because i weigh 180, i should be able to get up there, a big part is genetics . like i have a friend who's about 5'6 or 5'7 and can float, probably weighs about 120 and he's yes, of course black . damn white people breeding black people in slave times ..
    Just try to work out and you should be fine.

I weigh 135 and i can touch rim.

3 down...

http://dunknow.com

you'll be able to fly if you do that program, hotsizzle did it and he said it added good inches to his vert and he was able to dunk effortlessly after that

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bbl4l
    http://dunknow.com

you'll be able to fly if you do that program, hotsizzle did it and he said it added good inches to his vert and he was able to dunk effortlessly after that

is this really good? becuase i can do a very bad dunk, and looking to just slam it down

Quote Originally Posted by CySniper
    I could dunk and im 14 [6'1 mabey 6'2 now] and its really not that hard...During the summer I just played basketball all day long, jumped rope, did a few polymetrics a week. Before the summer, I could of only grabbed the high part of the net, and now im dunking. I didnt buy any of those programs. Just did the classic stuff and it worked. You should grow and I hope you the best

Its sucky dunk but hey, a dunk is a dunk ;p
    What are polymetrics and just wondering, where did you buy your jumprope from and for how much?

Because i want to get one.

Saw a basketball once

Im 13 and 6.1 with a 35 inch vert or sumtn i can get more than my hand over 10ft and i can touch 10ft from a standstill...

Quote Originally Posted by MadPropz
    Im 13 and 6.1 with a 35 inch vert or sumtn i can get more than my hand over 10ft and i can touch 10ft from a standstill...
    LOL. U are 13 and 35 inch vert? Im 17 and believe that Im not near that vert, but dunking, cause Im 7'1...

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    LOL. U are 13 and 35 inch vert? Im 17 and believe that Im not near that vert, but dunking, cause Im 7'1...
    Shaq has a 35 inch, and is almost exactly your height.

Quote Originally Posted by CySniper
    is this really good? becuase i can do a very bad dunk, and looking to just slam it down
    im strongly thinking about trying it myself, but i know a few people who have with great results... my cousin is 5'11 and increased his vert by 13 inches and can easily dunk now... its like when he jumps hes got springs on the bottom of his shoes

i think its legit, but its a long program and you gotta follow it closely... 28 weeks