Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Cavaliers Expected To Sign Anthony Parker

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cavaliers are on the verge of making their first free agent signing of the summer.
    According to a league source, the team has agreed to the structure of a contract with veteran guard Anthony Parker. The deal is not finalized, but is expected to be completed in the next several days.
    http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....lose_to_c.html

OK, I thought he would be going to Europe but maybe he wants a NBA Championship.

Default Re: Cavaliers Expected To Sign Anthony Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....lose_to_c.html

OK, I thought he would be going to Europe but maybe he wants a NBA Championship.
    The haters are going to laugh at this statement and try to hurt my feelings.

I guess if we can only sign him I guess get him. I'd personally rather have Matt Barnes or Josh Childress, but seeing as we just overpaid for Varejao I guess this is going to have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    The haters are going to laugh at this statement and try to hurt my feelings.

I guess if we can only sign him I guess get him. I'd personally rather have Matt Barnes or Josh Childress, but seeing as we just overpaid for Varejao I guess this is going to have to do.
    Anyone who discounts the possibility of the Cavs winning a title are ridiculous. I don't think they are favorites, but they are certainly in the top 5 at worst.

I have lower expectation for Anthony Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Anyone who discounts the possibility of the Cavs winning a title are ridiculous. I don't think they are favorites, but they are certainly in the top 5 at worst.
    I'm sure some people will pick the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Magic and Denver ahead of them.

Banned

I'm sure some people will pick the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Magic and Denver ahead of them.
    And there will be people to pick the Cavs to win it all as well. What is your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    And there will be people to pick the Cavs to win it all as well. What is your point?
    Like I said, the haters will laugh at that statement and try to make me sad.

Trying to figure out what problems Anthony Parker solves for us. I guess he helps with our issue of having a small back court. I wouldn't say he's a great scorer or distributor though. Will he be able to increase the Cavs offensive production and our backcourt defense? shrug.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I have lower expectation for Anthony Parker.
    He's the perfect role player and glue guy. Always knows what to say good veteran presence, plays decent defence and can handle both the PG and SG he will suprise you guys. He was the one player could count on when he was with the Raps. Good luck Parker!

Local High School Star visirale's Avatar

Haha Cavs fans must be PISSED.

They wanted Ron Artest, Trevor Ariza, McDyess, Rasheed... they get a resigned Varejao and Anthony Parker. What a letdown.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

I think Anthony Parker is a nice consolation prize. He wouldn't come as expensive as a few big names but he would still fill the Cavaliers' need as a defensive stopper and an occasional scorer from the perimeter. The East is going to be really interesting.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by visirale

They wanted Ron Artest, Trevor Ariza, McDyess, Rasheed... they get a resigned Varejao and Anthony Parker. What a letdown.
    not really. Parker is just underrated. We really did want Artest, Ariza, or Dice though. Ferry didnt even go after Sheed though. i guess he has other plans. Channing Frye maybe???

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

hes pretty good but also 35 years old. He'd be an excellent backup-but they need a Ronnie Brewer type SG to start-young long and athletic and willing to work on D.

Quote Originally Posted by visirale

Bandwagon fans? Sure they're pissed. True Cleveland fans who have had letdown after letdown? It's nothing new to them.

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Like I said, the haters will laugh at that statement and try to make me sad.
    i dont think they will