Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-31-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Jermaine O'Neal is still the way to go

A real basketball player that is still better than anyone currently on the Bulls. Get rid of some crappy contracts (Hughes/Hinrich) and bring him in.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:58 AM   #2
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal is still the way to go

Not if he keeps getting injured every few weeks as he has in recent seasons
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Not if he keeps getting injured every few weeks as he has in recent seasons

Name a better big man that the Bulls could get in the summer. Brand isn't realistic and a rookie is just not going to do much with Paxson running things.

Get O'Neal, get rid of some bad contracts and see what happens. After next season, it'll be a 20 million dollar expirer. It's a risk worth taking seeing that this Bulls team will go nowhere as constructed.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
kshutts1
Decent college freshman

kshutts1 is considered somewhat coolkshutts1 is considered somewhat cool

I agree that Jermaine would be a great addition for the Bulls, but who do we have that they want?

Honestly, I don't want to part with Hinrich... I would, but I would rather find someone else.

If the Pacers were stupid enough to take a Hughes/TT/Nocioni combo for Jermaine O'neal I'd love that. I don't see them being too interested though, as they have many players at those positions already.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:05 AM   #5
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Name a better big man that the Bulls could get in the summer. Brand isn't realistic and a rookie is just not going to do much with Paxson running things.

Get O'Neal, get rid of some bad contracts and see what happens. After next season, it'll be a 20 million dollar expirer. It's a risk worth taking seeing that this Bulls team will go nowhere as constructed.

good point.

Hopefully he'll be close to 100% by next season
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:57 AM   #6
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
I agree that Jermaine would be a great addition for the Bulls, but who do we have that they want?

Honestly, I don't want to part with Hinrich... I would, but I would rather find someone else.

If the Pacers were stupid enough to take a Hughes/TT/Nocioni combo for Jermaine O'neal I'd love that. I don't see them being too interested though, as they have many players at those positions already.

if JO goes to the Bulls, Im sure the Pacers are going to want Hinrich in return. Pacers have a lot of swingmen and are in need of a PG (with Tinsley always being injured). I wouldnt mind Hinrich and Noah (the contract needs to match up) for JO. I dont know if you guys would like this, but a first rounder for JO would be ideal, thats what Bird is looking for
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:10 PM   #7
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

If the Bulls trade for Jermaine O'Neal during the offseason first I hope he's healthy enough to play and give the Bulls the inside scoring they've desperately needed for quite a while now. If he can stay healthy for most of the season and all of the playoffs (if the Bulls make them) that would be great. Second, if the Bulls give up Kirk Hinrich then I hope Chris Duhon becomes the Bulls starting point guard unless they can sign or trade or draft a better point guard. Chris Duhon > Ben Gordon and Larry Hughes.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: