Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #46
e20dyl4n
Local High School Star
 
e20dyl4n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,405
e20dyl4n has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Spurs vs Celtics in finals who wins?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Celtics in 6 games.

The Celtics and their patchwork offense will be a problem for the Spurs.

all you do is trash the spurs on ISH and that prediction is just proof your a hater who doesnt know basketball. when bowen goes out guess whos comin in? say hello to my little friend ime udoka. celtics will be covered by hard nosed defenders throughout the whole game. there is NOTHING easy for the celtics vs the spurs NOTHING

Last edited by e20dyl4n : 12-11-2007 at 04:56 PM.
e20dyl4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #47
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,057
JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Spurs vs Celtics in finals who wins?????

I agree that perimiter defense would be a huge problem for the C's in a series vs the Spurs. If Tony Allen can regain his pre-injury form, he'd be huge with his defense vs Ginobili and Parker. James Posey could probably give Ginobili some problems as well.

But it goes both ways. If Bowen guards Pierce, who takes Ray Allen? Ginobili? Finley? Barry?
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:03 AM   #48
KWALI
erudite
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,112
KWALI has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Spurs vs Celtics in finals who wins?????

Bruce Bowen cannot cover Paul Pierce.......I don't know where this misconception stems from...he only has a chance on Ray and that's becuz Ray gets more elevated on his long jumpers and fears the patented Bruce step under.

P-squared is just too big and too strong for any spurs defender......TP and Gino's offense could be a problem though. I couldn't bet money either way atleast no now
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:35 AM   #49
Spudjjay
Shining on em
 
Spudjjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,343
Spudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Spurs vs Celtics in finals who wins?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWALI
Bruce Bowen cannot cover Paul Pierce.......I don't know where this misconception stems from...he only has a chance on Ray and that's becuz Ray gets more elevated on his long jumpers and fears the patented Bruce step under.

P-squared is just too big and too strong for any spurs defender......TP and Gino's offense could be a problem though. I couldn't bet money either way atleast no now

Someone who watches games.....

Parker could be a problem because point guards are having there way with Rondo right now.
Spudjjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #50
e20dyl4n
Local High School Star
 
e20dyl4n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,405
e20dyl4n has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Spurs vs Celtics in finals who wins?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
I agree that perimiter defense would be a huge problem for the C's in a series vs the Spurs. If Tony Allen can regain his pre-injury form, he'd be huge with his defense vs Ginobili and Parker. James Posey could probably give Ginobili some problems as well.

But it goes both ways. If Bowen guards Pierce, who takes Ray Allen? Ginobili? Finley? Barry?

you are forgetting bowens little buddy who will be taking over for him when hes gone. UDOKA
e20dyl4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:40 PM   #51
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 19,995
Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Spurs vs Celtics in finals who wins?????

Bowen wouldn't be Pierce's problem so much as the should-be-5-time-DPoY/MVP behind him. If the Celtics did a good job of hurting the Spurs for Duncan's help D with Perkins and Baby they've got a chance, and the fact that Perkins can guard Duncan should make it easier on Garnett. The Celtics should be good enough to play them in the postseason, but right now SA's the best team in basketball when Duncan's healthy...with in the line-up their record is as good as Boston's and it's against better teams (although people that act like the Cs have played no good teams are wrong, Denver, LA, and a few others will be in the playoffs).
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:47 PM   #52
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: twitter.com/RandomHoopsMike
Posts: 7,536
Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Spurs vs Celtics in finals who wins?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by e20dyl4n
all you do is trash the spurs on ISH and that prediction is just proof your a hater who doesnt know basketball. when bowen goes out guess whos comin in? say hello to my little friend ime udoka. celtics will be covered by hard nosed defenders throughout the whole game. there is NOTHING easy for the celtics vs the spurs NOTHING
Yes the great Ime Udoka who has only logged double digit minutes three times for the SpursÖ.



Granted Iím probably putting too much faith in Doc Rivers but the Celtics, if they donít run out of gas, can definitely beat the Spurs.

No one here is really giving in depth explanations for any of their posts so Iíll skip doing so here but suffice to say the Celtics can actually beat the Spurs.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #53
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,057
JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Spurs vs Celtics in finals who wins?????

The Celtics' bench isn't great but isn't as bad as some suggest. Posey and House are good reserves, as is T Allen if he gets back to form. Davis has shown talent. Scal and Pollard are serviceable grunts. Not great but not bad either.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:57 PM   #54
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!
 
dejordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,322
dejordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Spurs vs Celtics in finals who wins?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Yes the great Ime Udoka who has only logged double digit minutes three times for the SpursÖ.



Granted Iím probably putting too much faith in Doc Rivers but the Celtics, if they donít run out of gas, can definitely beat the Spurs.

No one here is really giving in depth explanations for any of their posts so Iíll skip doing so here but suffice to say the Celtics can actually beat the Spurs.
you think the bizarre, possibly accidental cross-triangle formation with ray on the weakside will bother the spurs? or just the total team unselfishness that means you never know where a shot is coming from? i still think we have a problem if bowen can nullify either wing and manu and parker are both effective.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:15 PM   #55
sixerfan82
College star
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: south jersey
Posts: 3,892
sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Spurs vs Celtics in finals who wins?????

Quote:
i say celtics take it in 7 , garnett, pierce, allen. Just too good for spurs.

im sure horry will hipcheck one of them causing a suspension for a gimme

ohwait, we dont talk about that here anymore
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:15 PM   #56
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: twitter.com/RandomHoopsMike
Posts: 7,536
Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Spurs vs Celtics in finals who wins?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
you think the bizarre, possibly accidental cross-triangle formation with ray on the weakside will bother the spurs? or just the total team unselfishness that means you never know where a shot is coming from? i still think we have a problem if bowen can nullify either wing and manu and parker are both effective.
It’s less about the “Celtic Triangle” and more the fact that during key stretches the Spurs drop the charade and put Tim Duncan at C and Robert Horry at PF. With Horry being exclusively a perimeter player that means you can cover him with a SF, James Posey.

That means during key moments of the game the Spurs lineup will be Tony Parker, Manu Ginobilli, Bruce Bowen, Horry, and Duncan going against Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Posey, and Kevin Garnett for Boston.

With that Celtic group they can trap any Parker-Duncan ballscreen because behind the trap they have three players (Allen, Pierce, and Posey) with enough quicks to cover the entire floor. Also with Duncan being the only legit post threat the Celtics can switch any non-Duncan off ball screen.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:19 PM   #57
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!
 
dejordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,322
dejordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Spurs vs Celtics in finals who wins?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Itís less about the ďCeltic TriangleĒ and more the fact that during key stretches the Spurs drop the charade and put Tim Duncan at C and Robert Horry at PF. With Horry being exclusively a perimeter player that means you can cover him with a SF, James Posey.

That means during key moments of the game the Spurs lineup will be Tony Parker, Manu Ginobilli, Bruce Bowen, Horry, and Duncan going against Rajon Rondo, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Posey, and Kevin Garnett for Boston.

With that Celtic group they can trap any Parker-Duncan ballscreen because behind the trap they have three players (Allen, Pierce, and Posey) with enough quicks to cover the entire floor. Also with Duncan being the only legit post threat the Celtics can switch any non-Duncan off ball screen.
i hope that lineup matchup is as effective as you predict. by the way, it is off-the-scale great to have 6 or 7 celtics-related topics on the first page here. we matter! to ish posters!
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #58
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: twitter.com/RandomHoopsMike
Posts: 7,536
Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Spurs vs Celtics in finals who wins?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
i hope that lineup matchup is as effective as you predict. by the way, it is off-the-scale great to have 6 or 7 celtics-related topics on the first page here. we matter! to ish posters!
All depends on Doc. If Doc feels the need to constantly "match" the Spurs then the Celtics are fighting against the odds. If Doc looks for the weakness in the Spurs the Celtics would be fine.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:06 PM   #59
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Da KO King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: twitter.com/RandomHoopsMike
Posts: 7,536
Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Spurs vs Celtics in finals who wins?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
The Celtics' bench isn't great but isn't as bad as some suggest. Posey and House are good reserves, as is T Allen if he gets back to form. Davis has shown talent. Scal and Pollard are serviceable grunts. Not great but not bad either.
In the playoffs most teams don't go past nine deep anyway.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy