Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #31
New York Knicks
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,528
New York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputationNew York Knicks has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
So exactly what are YOU finding with your "expert" eyes.Last time I checked you came to a Chandler vs Gallinari argument with stats about defense and rebounding lmao.Clearly you dont watch the games OR look at the stats.N since when did stats become so useless?It isn't like they're lies.We can talk our opinions till we're blue in the face.Your always gonna like Gallo and Knickscity and I are always gonna think Chandler is better until proven otherwise.Stats simply take any bias or opinion out of it.It's like a paternity test.Gallo in the case of who's better,you ARE NOT the father lol.

N if Chandler brings ZERO on the offensive end why does he get more points than Gallo year after year?

Bottom line is you're only argument is that you think Gallo may have a higher ceiling than Chandler.As for right now though,Chandler is just simply better. He's been so for the last two years.This argument back and forth is getting old and redundant.I knew you'd keep repeating the same excuses until Chandler hit a slump.
Nobody else gets a headache reading this guy's posts? WHY CAN'T YOU TYPE LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING?

I didn't say stats were useless. But if not used in the proper context, then yes, they're useless. Why does Chandler get more points? He takes more shots. Gallinari takes 10 shots a game. Chandler takes 14 shots a game. That's a 40% difference. And he only averages what, 1 more point?
New York Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #32
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,234
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
Yes, he does. That IS his game. That's not just the OKC game.
Then how do explain Chandler having a better FG%. If his shooting is just awful, then what is Gallo's?


Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knicks
If his jumpers aren't falling, you might as well stop passing him the ball cause he's not giving you shit on the offensive end.

Can't the same be said of Gallo?

Neither player is racking up assists, and the fact that with Gallo or Chandler on the floor, Amar'e still gets doubled and tripled.

Bottom line Amar'e is the only player that is respected by the opposition on offense.

Teams don't care what our other guys do as long as they contain Stat.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #33
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,694
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
Nobody else gets a headache reading this guy's posts? WHY CAN'T YOU TYPE LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING?

I didn't say stats were useless. But if not used in the proper context, then yes, they're useless. Why does Chandler get more points? He takes more shots. Gallinari takes 10 shots a game. Chandler takes 14 shots a game. That's a 40% difference. And he only averages what, 1 more point?

And the rebounds? And the blocks? How do you explain that? If Chandler is SO bad and Gallo is so good...WHY IS HE OUTPLAYING GALLO? You can call me and abnormal human being.You can call Knickscity and idiot.End of the day you CANNOT prove your point.You're name calling like a second grader.Until you can answer that question,this argument is done.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:28 PM   #34
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,234
knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
And the rebounds? And the blocks? How do you explain that? If Chandler is SO bad and Gallo is so good...WHY IS HE OUTPLAYING GALLO? You can call me and abnormal human being.You can call Knickscity and idiot.End of the day you CANNOT prove your point.You're name calling like a second grader.Until you can answer that question,this argument is done.
The argument from my side has been done a while ago.

Only thing Gallo does better than Chandler is draw fouls.

I will grant him that.

But me as a fan, and I can only speak for me, if I had to pick from a two-way average player, or one side of the ball player, I will take a two-way player any day of the week, unless the other guy is EXCEPTIONAL ON OFFENSE OR DEFENSE.

Now if Gallo was Dirk, no brainer.

But he isn't, he is more like Bargnani, with the upside of a Hedo-Turkuglo type player

Not bad, but not elite, just average on offense, decent handles, can light it up on rhythm, but poor on defense.

Chandler, for arguments sake I will say they are even at this career stage.

But on defense Chandler is vastly better than Gallo, and Chandler is only average on defense.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #35
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter
 
earlofupstate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Another state
Posts: 773
earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
The argument from my side has been done a while ago.

Only thing Gallo does better than Chandler is draw fouls.

I will grant him that.

But me as a fan, and I can only speak for me, if I had to pick from a two-way average player, or one side of the ball player, I will take a two-way player any day of the week, unless the other guy is EXCEPTIONAL ON OFFENSE OR DEFENSE.

Now if Gallo was Dirk, no brainer.

But he isn't, he is more like Bargnani, with the upside of a Hedo-Turkuglo type player

Not bad, but not elite, just average on offense, decent handles, can light it up on rhythm, but poor on defense.

Chandler, for arguments sake I will say they are even at this career stage.

But on defense Chandler is vastly better than Gallo,
and Chandler is only average on defense.


And that's why Wil is more expendable than Galli. MD doesn't seem to give a crap about D. But I'm with you knickscity, I like it more when a guy plays BOTH sides of the ball. Especially on the D side.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #36
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick
 
Blue&Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,696
Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

I'm gonna generalize, but probably the same guys that say Chandler is better are the same ones that thought Balkman was better then Chandler and probably the same ones that last year were bashing Chandler left and right for his annoying inconsistency.

Gallo have better tools to work with, taller, better shot, better handle, better passing, better court vision, i think nobody missed the no look-magic-like pass he did for Amare, even Felton can't do it let alone Chandler. This is like the second real season for Gallo, he keeps improving, he never attacked the rim, now he do it regularly, even if poorly, clearly all his confidence problems are gone, and he will get better on the defensive end.

If you guys feel like it, dig the thread of the summer league of Chandler rookie season, to see how i rave him even before a official game, but hey i think Gallo is better and i'm pretty sure time will give me reason, and if the Knicks don't sign Melo, i'm betting on a impressive second half of the season for Gallo.

Last edited by Blue&Orange : 01-24-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:03 PM   #37
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES
 
NY-Knicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Knicks nation
Posts: 5,853
NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Gallinari isn't bad, he just is one of the most inconsistent players in the League. I am not referring to Chandler here, so don't come with the "Chandler makes bad decisions, is inconsistent, etc." stuff. He tries to drive to the basket but he hardly manages to actually put up a decent shot. How often do you see him get in the lane and just throw the ball in the air, moving his arms like he's a 6'10 bird who's trying to fly for the first time, and the ball doesn't even hit the rim. He can't put up a good shot in the paint, doesn't have much of a pull-up either. People keep saying how Gallo is ignored on offense. Maybe there is a reason for it? It seems like every player does it, maybe they don't want Gallo to touch the ball because he will shoot very often when he's 'confident'. Which the coach loves but I bet other players don't.

He can't play defense and doesn't rebound the basketball. Of course he is a fantastic shooter when he's got it going and has great ball handling and passing skills. But he's just too inconsistent and his potential isn't all that high. He needs to put some weight on his body, that would do a lot for him.

I have always wanted that we drafted EJ in the Draft that year. I remember being mad when we picked Gallo and I still am. Can you guys imagine what this team would look like with Eric Gordon?

Raymond Felton
Eric Gordon
Wilson Chandler
Amar'e Stoudemire
Ronny Turiaf
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #38
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Then how do explain Chandler having a better FG%. If his shooting is just awful, then what is Gallo's?
I would argue that there are number of factors that account for this, but chief among them is distribution. Chandler gets the ball a lot more than Gallo, and he takes more shots. When Gallo gets the ball consistently, you get stuff like the first quarter of the last Thunder game. But then, for some inexplicable reason, they stay away from him for what seemed like the rest of the game. Certainly the second half. It's hard to get in a rhythm when you only get the ball once every ten minutes.

Chandler's definitely a good shooter though.

Quote:
Can't the same be said of Gallo?

Neither player is racking up assists, and the fact that with Gallo or Chandler on the floor, Amar'e still gets doubled and tripled.

Bottom line Amar'e is the only player that is respected by the opposition on offense.

Teams don't care what our other guys do as long as they contain Stat.
I don't think so, because Gallo has shown the ability to take guys off the dribble and get to the rim. I think that's the point New York Knicks is drawing. And neither of them get a ton of assists, but I don't think you can argue that Gallo doesn't appear to be a better passer. That threaded needle to Amar'e in the Heat game, the fast break to Felton in the first Thunder game. He's really got an all around skillset. That's the Euro thing - all the big guys over there can do that. You see it with Turiaf too. Pau. Even Darko's a good passer.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #39
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,694
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Quote:
This is like the second real season for Gallo, he keeps improving, he never attacked the rim, now he do it regularly, even if poorly, clearly all his confidence problems are gone, and he will get better on the defensive end.

Chandler-Improved his Scoring,Rebounding,3PT%,TO,Blocks and his FT% is up 20% since his rookie season.He also plays a minute less than he did last year.

Gallo-Improved his 3pt% and TO.BTW hwo will he improve defensively?Are you expecting D'Antoni to teach him?

Quote:
but hey i think Gallo is better and i'm pretty sure time will give me reason,

Im glad you said that.Im cool with you taking potential over results but I have a problem when ppl try to justify it by whats happening now.If anyone thinks Gallo will be better in the future,I have no problem with that.Saying he's better right now is just wrong.

I was never a Eric Gordon fan.He's always been an undersized 2 guard to me so I took the liberty of looking up his stats.Dude is dropping 24 a game I had no idea.I need to start paying attn to the Clippers.Deeezam.His game always reminded me of a stronger Monta Ellis.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #40
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Chandler Fires Agent

Clippers are looking good now.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy