Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Who here can grow a full beard? Do you ever sport one?

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    the study that YOU found (not the ones I posted) concluded that they liked a 10-day growth
    I'm not sure what your point is here. Are you saying that I was arguing against the 10-day growth? Because I wasn't, I was in favor of the 10 day growth over clean shaven or the full beard.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    That heavy stubble pic would be considered a beard by anyone other than the person who created the titles.
    right, but that image is from the study that evaluated women's preferences. That heavy stubble level depicted is about what I rock. So, that is the look (basically a tight and trimmed beard) that women found the most attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    i think about 90% of women don't really want guys to have beards. at least that's the reaction i get. the other 10%? they don't really like it neither but they just accept it.

most guys grow a beard because they're just lazy or slobs (like that Hangover retard guy). but having a beard is sort of a statement too. it's like having mustaches. it just tells everyone "hey, look at me, i'm a man and i look like this. and i don't give a fuuk" but maybe you do give a *** and intentionally want to look like the younger version of santa claus because that's your off-the-corporate, off-the-grid, anti-establishment, rebellion look or whatever...
    I think you need to hang around actual adults. Not all beards are sloppy or long. You can have a very trim and professional looking beard as well.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    right, but that image is from the study that evaluated women's preferences. That heavy stubble level depicted is about what I rock. So, that is the look (basically a tight and trimmed beard) that women found the most attractive.
    No that image is not from that study...that is just some random shit found on Google

I don't think women find that goofy dude attractive clean shaven or bearded lol

Honestly that dude is just really hairy, even in the clean shaven pic you can see a shadow

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    You were the one promoting douchy chin strap beards, so gtfo of here with that nonsense.

And I'm in SoCal and there are plenty of beards. Like you said, it is for style, not functionality, so weather does not stop people from growing beards.
    I'm promoting proper grooming. We are talking about full grown beards here.

No that image is not from that study...that is just some random shit found on Google

I don't think women find that goofy dude attractive clean shaven or bearded lol

Honestly that dude is just really hairy, even in the clean shaven pic you can see a shadow
    This is why debates with you never go anywhere. You can never be bothered to actually read the information presented by other posters. You come in assured of your position, regardless of its validity. As you can see from this link, http://evankozierachi.com/uploads/Th...acial_hair.pdf, that image is in fact directly from the research article underlying the recent media reports about facial hair and attractiveness. That guy's heavy stubble is the heavy stubble they are talking about.

I can and I do almost every winter

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    This is why debates with you never go anywhere. You can never be bothered to actually read the information presented by other posters. You come in assured of your position, regardless of its validity. As you can see from this link, http://evankozierachi.com/uploads/Th...acial_hair.pdf, that image is in fact directly from the research article underlying the recent media reports about facial hair and attractiveness. That guy's heavy stubble is the heavy stubble they are talking about.
    I can't open that PDF but I'll take your word for it,I just knew it wasn't in the study posted earlier

I'll agree that in that particular pic, the heavy stubble just looks like a beard

And yeah I pretty much have my mind set in this debate...

In the grand scheme of things I fully believe that just being attractive period is most important to women...If you're ugly then you're ugly, if you're good looking then you're good looking...facial hair probably won't be a deal breaker to most women unless it's ZZ Top type shit...

I just think that if they had a choice most would prefer to kiss a hairless face...

I can and I do every winter.

So right now, its in full swing. Come the warmer months, I'll trim it down a whole bunch.

I can't open that PDF but I'll take your word for it,I just knew it wasn't in the study posted earlier

I'll agree that in that particular pic, the heavy stubble just looks like a beard

And yeah I pretty much have my mind set in this debate...
    Pretty sure that this is the actual peer-reviewed article that all of the media reports (or studies if you will) are based on.

And, yes, I do think underlying attractiveness plays a big role. If you are handsome, you will be with or without a beard and same with the uglies.

Banned

Im 23 and I can't grow full beard.

I'm 7 and I can grow some mean looking mutton chops

I can grow pretty slick beard but only do it during the winter months. During the spring/summer time, I trim down my facial hair.