Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #46
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Default Re: Melo the Point Forward, revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpierce
wtf type of avatar is that? lol
Avvie bet vs clippersfan
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #47
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

He's not Lebron or Bron. I don't know why D'Antoni is trying to make him a point forward. Carmelo's a scorer, let him do what he does best. Score!
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #48
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
Are you even a Knicks fan? 90% Of your post are either making out Carmelo to be a god, discrediting Amare, insulting the Knicks shooters or insulting D'antoni. Melo isn't the whole team you know.
lol find me a ppost of me attacking Amare or D'Antoni. I don't hate either of them. Amare's defense is terrible a times, his rebounding inconsistent. But he truly is the best finisher in the game and he impresses me at times with his passing. When he's not forced to penetrate from 18 feet out (D'Antoni's brilliance right there), he's not turnover prone or inefficient.

D'Antoni has come along slowly. It's hard to blame him with the backcourt being this bad. I think he could do a whole lot better with Davis and JR Smith on the roster. I don't think he should be fired. The Knicks have turned it around last three games. We beat the Pistons. We gave it to the best team in the league, Chicago, and lost in the waning minutes. We held a lead against Boston 95% of the game, and then they hit every contested outside shot they took. We should have been 2-1 in that stretch.

Carmelo's a superstar. The Knicks shooters are downright terrible.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #49
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I wonder how Amare feels about Melo as a Point Forward
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #50
Batz
Shit just got serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
The Knicks shooters are downright terrible.
Don't expect much with Pringles offense and with majority of the offense consisting of Carmelo isolation.
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #51
greymatter
Local High School Star

Had no idea 4.3 apg is supposed to impressive for a guy basically playing PG for his team. How is that working out for the Knicks?
greymatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #52
PTB Fan
Local High School Star

Melo shouldn't play this role.. he's always been a scorer, not a guy who has point guard like skills in terms of passing. Awful choice by D'Antoni. Why is he still the coach of this team?
PTB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #53
knicksman
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTB Fan
Melo shouldn't play this role.. he's always been a scorer, not a guy who has point guard like skills in terms of passing. Awful choice by D'Antoni. Why is he still the coach of this team?

because there are no other playmakers on this team
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #54
knickswin
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
You DO NOT want Carmelo playing point-forward if you want the best out of him- the best post-up/power 3 of all time and you have him on the perimeter?

agreed. He has excellent court vision, and I like the idea of him as a facilitator, but ideally he should not be running the pick and roll or playing point guard. That's not using him to his strengths. He's not quite as steady a ball handler as Lebron and Pierce. It's better if someone else initiates the offense and gets it to him when he has deeper position.

I think the Knicks are using him like this because they don't have a point guard though.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #55
knickswin
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
lol find me a ppost of me attacking Amare or D'Antoni. I don't hate either of them. Amare's defense is terrible a times, his rebounding inconsistent. But he truly is the best finisher in the game and he impresses me at times with his passing. When he's not forced to penetrate from 18 feet out (D'Antoni's brilliance right there), he's not turnover prone or inefficient.

D'Antoni has come along slowly. It's hard to blame him with the backcourt being this bad. I think he could do a whole lot better with Davis and JR Smith on the roster. I don't think he should be fired. The Knicks have turned it around last three games. We beat the Pistons. We gave it to the best team in the league, Chicago, and lost in the waning minutes. We held a lead against Boston 95% of the game, and then they hit every contested outside shot they took. We should have been 2-1 in that stretch.

Carmelo's a superstar. The Knicks shooters are downright terrible.

yep D'Antoni starts every year off slowly. It's because his system is so jump shot dependent I think. This year was exceptionally bad with literally no one outside of Carmelo and Novak showing up ready to shoot. You see how we look better now that Stoudemire and Fields are starting to become more consistent with the shooting.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: