Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 04-26-2017, 10:07 AM   #1516
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: (3) Houston Rockets vs (6) Oklahoma City Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
I can tell you that OKC was outscored in the 4th quarter of nearly every game. I can tell you that much.

Outscored 132 - 111 in the 4th quarter.

I can also tell you that ^that^ stat means Westbrook was -21 in the forth quarter for this series.

Clutch indeed. Solid first, second, and third quarters though.
Is that a real stat? Did Westbrook play 12 min 4th quarters every game? What a beast
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:10 AM   #1517
ImKobe
Banned

Default Re: 2017 NBA Playoffs 1st Round GT: (3) Houston Rockets vs (6) Oklahoma City Thunder

Quote:
I can tell you that OKC was outscored in the 4th quarter of nearly every game. I can tell you that much.

Outscored 132 - 111 in the 4th quarter.

I can also tell you that ^that^ stat means Westbrook was -21 in the forth quarter for this series.

Clutch indeed. Solid first, second, and third quarters though.

WESTBROOK WAS A POSITIVE IN THE 4TH QUARTER

THE STAT IS MISLEADING BECAUSE MAJORITY OF OKC BEING OUTSCORED HAPPENS WHEN RUSS IS RESTING ON THE BENCH

Russ was +1 in the 4th yet his team got outscored by 11 in the quarter, is this Russ fault when Houston bench goes 27 - 9 vs OKC in the 6 minutes he does rest, Harden can rest 10 minutes per game and his team is a positive in those minutes but WB's team gets outscored by 18..

Do you not understand this? Even if Russ plays just as well as Harden (better since he had a better BPM than Harden in these last 4 games) the rest of his team loses him the game because they suck. If Harden can be -6 for the game and win while Russ goes +12 and loses, which player did more for the game? Don't give me these bullshit clutch statistics tell me which players played a better game overall.
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:11 AM   #1518
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe

THE STAT IS MISLEADING BECAUSE MAJORITY OF OKC BEING OUTSCORED HAPPENS WHEN RUSS IS RESTING ON THE BENCH

In what game did Westbrook not start the 4th quarter and play for the remainder of the game? If there was one, I didn't see it. Generally, he'd check out around the 3 or 4 minute mark in the 3rd and come back to start the 4th.

So, you're incorrect.

On the flip side, that shows just how good he was in quarters 1-3. But, at the same time, it shows how balls he was in the fourth.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:12 AM   #1519
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:

Russ was +1 in the 4th yet his team got outscored by 11 in the quarter, is this Russ fault when Houston bench goes 27 - 9 vs OKC in the 6 minutes he does rest, Harden can rest 10 minutes per game and his team is a positive in those minutes but WB's team gets outscored by 18..

Do you not understand this? Even if Russ plays just as well as Harden (better since he had a better BPM than Harden in these last 4 games) the rest of his team loses him the game because they suck. If Harden can be -6 for the game and win while Russ goes +12 and loses, which player did more for the game? Don't give me these bullshit clutch statistics tell me which players played a better game overall.

westbrook so clutch!!

https://twitter.com/KennyDucey/statu...get-rebound%2F
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:12 AM   #1520
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:

Do you not understand I never disagreed with you?

All I'm saying is, Westbrook was a pile of steaming shit in the fourth quarter of nearly every game, and that's not debatable.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:19 AM   #1521
ImKobe
Banned

Quote:
Do you not understand I never disagreed with you?

All I'm saying is, Westbrook was a pile of steaming shit in the fourth quarter of nearly every game, and that's not debatable.

Even if he was bad in the 4th, he was a positive yet his team still got outscored by 11 in the same quarter

most of the bad shots come when his team is playing from behind at the end and he's forced to go for 3 to get back in the game because god knows he doesn't have anyone else to make that shot.

Houston deserved to win the series I'm not even debating that they were a far superior team, just don't understand the Harden dickriding when he played with a cushion all series, in no way was he overall a better player in the series when Russ was a positive on the court when going against him in 4 out of 5 games. That's all. I agree that Russ was bad in the 4th but we all know why he was bad in the 4th but I don't see anyone blaming OKC's shooters and the lack of help, it's all about "Russ has to do better" all while he's putting up 40 pt triple doubles
Old 04-26-2017, 10:24 AM   #1522
r15mohd
College superstar

Quote:
Harden is not an MVP - he doesn't have to carry the same load as Westbrook and he doesn't have to because his bench can actually win games for him, Westbrook would have won the same amount of games had his bench been even able to hold leads.

Harden has the best 3pt shooting team in the league BY FAR, Westbrook has the worst 3pt shooting team in the league BY FAR

So Russ can drive and kick all game and his teammates will keep missing wide open 3s, if they made those same 3s you wouldn't be telling me this because OKC would be winning those games and then you would call Russ MVP because he would have also lead the league in assists on top of scoring.

There's nothing clutch in shooting 30% in b2b Playoff games, Houston's starting 5 was getting outplayed by OKC starting 5 all series, Harden didn't need to be clutch because his team got the lead for him, he doesn't see the pressure Russ does and he isn't forced to do as much as Russ does, end of story.

Now stats are irrelevant but you weren't willing to give Kobe more RS MVPs for the same reason Russ wins this MVP. If we switched Harden and Westbrook with Kobe and Lebron, y'all would use my arguments to side with Lebron.

Have you ever seen a team play from behind? Russ' efficiency drops in the 4th because 1) he's worn down from playing heavy minutes in the 1st 3 and 2) Russ is taking 3s because his team needs to make 3s to get back into the game and he's their most consistent shooter

lol all you do is move the goalposts to fit your agenda. like I said, you've argued on the other side in favor of Curry when he had better efficiency and a more than suitable roster over another player with MVP discussions. now it's WB has no one, had the overall better stats(efficiency of it out the window), etc etc etc

I cant even say you're being consistent in pushing the WB agenda, as you've flip-flopped to do so. #FAIL
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:29 AM   #1523
Hey Yo
3-time NBA All-Star

ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account @ESPNStatsInfo 11 hours ago

Russell Westbrook was off the floor for 6 minutes in Game 5.

In those 6 minutes, the Rockets outscored the Thunder 27-9.
Hey Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:40 AM   #1524
ImKobe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by r15mohd
lol all you do is move the goalposts to fit your agenda. like I said, you've argued on the other side in favor of Curry when he had better efficiency and a more than suitable roster over another player with MVP discussions. now it's WB has no one, had the overall better stats(efficiency of it out the window), etc etc etc

I cant even say you're being consistent in pushing the WB agenda, as you've flip-flopped to do so. #FAIL

Really?

I've argued for Curry because he put up historic numbers and won games in 30 minutes of playing time, like you can't say a player is not MVP when he plays roughly 30 minutes a night and puts up 30 almost exclusively from 3 and on better TS% than anyone else in the league, that's video game efficiency.

In WB's case he had both the efficiency and the raw averages in the RS, he had a much higher usage rating than Harden and played way more possessions but Harden was the one breaking the turnover record, Harden averaged 1 more assist per game with the best 3pt shooting team in the league, Russ averaged 10+ assists a night with no consistent 3pt shooting on top of 32 points a game and 10 rebounds, 33/11/11 post-ASB

Harden post-ASB averaged 29/8/11 with more turnovers and with worse shooting #s and the same +/- despite a much better team.

Harden had the MVP at about the half way mark of the season but Westbrook really turned it up and took it to a whole nother level.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:59 AM   #1525
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash

Quote:
In what game did Westbrook not start the 4th quarter and play for the remainder of the game? If there was one, I didn't see it. Generally, he'd check out around the 3 or 4 minute mark in the 3rd and come back to start the 4th.

So, you're incorrect.

On the flip side, that shows just how good he was in quarters 1-3. But, at the same time, it shows how balls he was in the fourth.

This is like LeBron's 15 finals...

its normal that after carrying the team for 36 minutes, with no shot creator next to him, they eventually tire out.
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:11 AM   #1526
AirFederer
WIND DEFENDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
This is like LeBron's 15 finals...

its normal that after carrying the team for 36 minutes, with no shot creator next to him, they eventually tire out.
So why keep bricking if the shot didn't fall? Why couldn't he continue to distribute?
AirFederer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:22 AM   #1527
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirFederer
So why keep bricking if the shot didn't fall? Why couldn't he continue to distribute?

Its not like Doug McBuckets was 4-5 from the floor and 3-4 from the 3pt line before Westbrook started his 4-18 disaster fourth quarter or anything.

Or wait... he was.

Its not like Taj Gibson absolutely abused Anderson over and over and over again before the Thunder (or more specifically, Westbrook) stopped going to him.

All the props in the world to Westbrook for the numbers he put up, but its not winning basketball. His teammates were all solid players before this season, so I don't buy the narrative they suddenly suck. I think they aren't playing well because Westbrook is their teammate.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:42 AM   #1528
ImKobe
Banned

Quote:
Its not like Doug McBuckets was 4-5 from the floor and 3-4 from the 3pt line before Westbrook started his 4-18 disaster fourth quarter or anything.

Or wait... he was.

Its not like Taj Gibson absolutely abused Anderson over and over and over again before the Thunder (or more specifically, Westbrook) stopped going to him.

All the props in the world to Westbrook for the numbers he put up, but its not winning basketball. His teammates were all solid players before this season, so I don't buy the narrative they suddenly suck. I think they aren't playing well because Westbrook is their teammate.

Were those guys on the floor at the end of 4th?

solid players aren't good enough to beat a team with a star player who can be just as good + 2 6MOY players, equally good bigs and historically great 3pt shooting.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:25 PM   #1529
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Were those guys on the floor at the end of 4th?

solid players aren't good enough to beat a team with a star player who can be just as good + 2 6MOY players, equally good bigs and historically great 3pt shooting.

Not sure. I do know that that game, McBuckets had the opening made FG of the 4th which put the Thunder up 8 with 11:30 left to go in the game.

Then came Westbrook.

Like I said, I do feel bad for Westbrook because he does do, literally, everything for the Thunder. But at the same time, I think a lot of the team's issues (and the individual player's issues) stem from having him as a teammate.

Just like in football when you have to run the ball on occasion, even if you suck at running the ball, just so your o-lineman can go on the attack as opposed to being blown back in pass protection...

So too do you have to get your teammates involved in order to have them fully engaged in every aspect of the game.

Again, all of his teammates were pretty ****ing good last season, and now magically, they all suck. I think they suck because of Westbrook and his style of play. While its cool to go 100 miles an hour every play, its not always the most beneficial for the team.

Beverley does the same thing. It's awesome hes a great on-ball defender and that he loves to hustle all the ****ing time, but sometimes that causes you to do stupid things, make stupid decisions, commit stupid fouls, and as we saw last night, get a technical for running your mouth.

You won't see many teams winning with hero ball.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:40 PM   #1530
ImKobe
Banned

Quote:
Not sure. I do know that that game, McBuckets had the opening made FG of the 4th which put the Thunder up 8 with 11:30 left to go in the game.

Then came Westbrook.

Like I said, I do feel bad for Westbrook because he does do, literally, everything for the Thunder. But at the same time, I think a lot of the team's issues (and the individual player's issues) stem from having him as a teammate.

Just like in football when you have to run the ball on occasion, even if you suck at running the ball, just so your o-lineman can go on the attack as opposed to being blown back in pass protection...

So too do you have to get your teammates involved in order to have them fully engaged in every aspect of the game.

Again, all of his teammates were pretty ****ing good last season, and now magically, they all suck. I think they suck because of Westbrook and his style of play. While its cool to go 100 miles an hour every play, its not always the most beneficial for the team.

Beverley does the same thing. It's awesome hes a great on-ball defender and that he loves to hustle all the ****ing time, but sometimes that causes you to do stupid things, make stupid decisions, commit stupid fouls, and as we saw last night, get a technical for running your mouth.

You won't see many teams winning with hero ball.

Well I've seen this situation before with Kobe when he got all the blame for losing to the Suns as a 7 seed in 2006..all he needed was to replace Smush with D Fish and Kwame with Pau and he was going to 3 straight Finals...but before that all you heard was how it's his fault and how hero ball doesn't win..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: