Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 05-29-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Still so mad we traded afflalo for cap space.

We have seriously leveraged denver to contender over the last 2 years. Afflalo is a great complimentary 2, strong d and bball knowledge. May not win it for you, but he rarely hurts you with mistakes. And all for capspace to go after wilcox. I think we have disadvantaged ourselves for years in the rebuild through this move.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Still so mad we traded afflalo for cap space.

I was sold on Afflallo in the first 3 months of his rookie season - in which he was able to get on the court while Stuckey was hurt… damn shame we let him go for peanuts last summer…

I too feel we've gimped our team with that move… wonder how we'd fare if we had moved Rip instead of Chauncey and we were starting Chauncey and Arron in our backcourt…

in regards to Wilcox, his time was inconsistant and he probably could never get into rhythm… I don't see us faring much better next season…

Dumars has always taken risks with his moves, but looks as his luck is running short as of late, and our record is a direct reflection of that…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
I was sold on Afflallo in the first 3 months of his rookie season - in which he was able to get on the court while Stuckey was hurt… damn shame we let him go for peanuts last summer…

I too feel we've gimped our team with that move… wonder how we'd fare if we had moved Rip instead of Chauncey and we were starting Chauncey and Arron in our backcourt…

in regards to Wilcox, his time was inconsistant and he probably could never get into rhythm… I don't see us faring much better next season…

Dumars has always taken risks with his moves, but looks as his luck is running short as of late, and our record is a direct reflection of that…
no doubt. funny to think we couldve had the chancy, afflalo melo lineup in detroit, had darko not ever been born. Rip would've allowed us to pursue a good young big (granted, we still had sheed and dice, but maybe kaman? or even boozer for a year), developed stuckey as a combo (with afflalo and chancy) and who knows? Totally different look and feel to the team today if that had gone down.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It upsets me too. Between him and Chauncey we've seen that is one of the worst basketball trades of all time. Also drafting Darko was one of the worst moves. Now I'm seeing Joe D is actually on the hot seat. Depending on who the Pistons get sold to, he may not have a job. I love Joe D but he has made some real bonehead moves. The icing on the cake was BG and Villaneuva. Then the team winning games at the end of the season and screwing us out of Cousins and Monroe...... it doesn't look like things are getting better any time soon. Unless he pulls off a good trade I think he should go at this point. The future doesn't look good right now.....
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

If we hadn't already extended Rip, Afflalo would have been kept, but lets face it, he was the 5th guard. You can find a guy like him if you really need to, I'm not worried about it. He's replaceable.

I think Dumars is ripped way too much. He's had some draft busts, but the draft is cruel to every GM in the NBA. Its the nature of the basketball draft.
He has brought in Okur,Prince,Maxiell,Delfino(has become a very good player for those who didn't notice yet), Jerebko,Stuckey,Afflalo and hopefully Daye and Monroe work out. If they both bust, I'll rip Joe D as a drafter, but if one or both works out, I'll have to give him credit. Terico White could be a steal as well.

I like our plan right now. We have a backcourt that can carry the load and score at any point in any game. We have versatile SFs who can shoot and defend in Prince and JJ(and Daye if he learns to defend a little, in a Turkgolu sort of way, he won't be Battier/Posey) and some talented PFs. Even CV is an incredible talent, a Sheed clone. Where else do you find a guy with infinite shooting range, shotblocking ability and low block scoring ability at the age or 23, for 7 mil per year. That's a steal if he tries a little harder this year. He has already been working out hard with the Dominican team. Monroe should be a stud, in the Vlade Divac mold(or even the next Pau) and Maxiell is a good backup PF who gives you toughness and gamechanging plays(his blocks and dunks are legendary, usually on taller players) through his athleticim and length/strength. Wallace was 2nd best in the NBA last year as far as his rate of success when guys tried to post him up and was one of the best offensive rebounders in the league as well. He has limitations, but he's still a top defensive C.

Wallace Monroe- Wilcox
Charlie V - Maxiell - Jerebko/Summers
Prince - Jerebko - Daye
Rip Gordon
Stuckey Bynum

That's hardly the worst lineup I've ever seen. I would like one more physical defender up front and we should be good. If we could pick up Gortat or Biedrins, we'd be set to go. Even someone like Dampier would be a boost for us.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:09 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's not necessarily a bad lineup, it's just not necessarily one that wins you a championship. That's where things get tough. You either need cap space or lottery picks, or trades to turn things around. Carmello is available again. Maybe the Nuggets want some more old Pistons.....

We still need a stud guy. Stuckey really needs to emerge (even more) and we need that PF who is more of a game changer. I like Charlie's contract. He's a good scorer and shooter. He doesn't play D though. Having very good big men is huge in winning championships. San Antonio had Duncan and Robinson. LA had Shaq, and now they have Gasol and Bynum. Boston had KG and Perkins. Even Miami had Shaq when they won it. If you look at our last championship we had Sheed and Wallace in their prime (though the tail end of it). Now that we have Monroe he needs to step up and be huge for us. Cousins had tremendous upside. I still wish he would have fell to us and Joe D is still trying to trade for him. Monroe is a very good consolation prize though and who knows he could end up being better. It's a lot to say turning this team around lies on the shoulders of a rookie, but that's really what it boils down to right now. Being healthy will help things but the biggest change this season will be Monroe. If he can step in and be that big man we need that will be a huge lift.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: