Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Tracy McGrady Says The 2006 NBA Finals Was Rigged

Quote Originally Posted by vert48
    That is pretty funny. Refs getting props for the work they do for D-Whistle.
    fixed

College star

It was rigged. Everybody (unbiased, sane and not stupid) knows that. It's nothing new.

NBA Superstar

If T-Mac ever made it to the second round, he wouldn't concern himself with this.

Maybe he will do better in China.

Tracy McGrady is just saying what everyone else was thinking at the time. Although he has no definitive proof, Tracy McGrady at least has 10 years experience of the inner workings of the NBA.

For the NBa to pretty much rig the 02 series vs the Kings and then again in 06 is just a joke.

Talking Re: Tracy McGrady Says The 2006 NBA Finals Was Rigged

That game still makes me sick!!! Hated wade, but the refs!!! Just watch it again!! Felt like!!!!!!!

I think a star perimeter player, who is initiating a "hero-ball" type-narrative, who is willing to dive into the defense and get a whistle, is especially likely to get a whistle. This is a post-Jordan development. Everyone wants to see a flashy outside player take a team on his back.

That's not the same as to say it was "rigged." Nobody with heavy financial interests told the refs to give the series to Wade because he's the superstar they profit so much off of. (If that's true why didn't the Lakers get more calls against the Pistons?)

Paul Pierce used to live at the line in the playoffs. Remember that comeback against the Nets in I think 02? Every point was a layup or a free throw, and none of his defenders would lay a finger on him on the perimeter.

It's just how the game is nowadays. Again... post-Jordan NBA. When it was all about Kobe and AI, even though Shaq and Duncan were the ones winning (and not getting calls).

Stern and his zebras should all be cashiered.

In journalism they say, "When a dog bites a man, that is not news, because it happens so often. But if a man bites a dog, that is news."

This is not news/thread worthy unless someone comes out and says it was not rigged.

Very good NBA starter

i didn't care for dallas nor miami, but d wade did get a lot of favorable calls.

regardless, dirk should have had more balls to so something. he kinda went MIA after those initial wins.