Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Lebron has been working out with Hakeem

Lebron's next level is not actually the post game, but his off the ball catch and shoot.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    Congrats to Lebron.

If he started working on post game in his second season ,half of the hatred wouldnt happen.

Kobe already had post game before training with Hakeem by the way.But Lebron's power forward body might help more him even if he doesnt get great skills on post.
    Agreed with everything you said.

Better late then never for LeBron. I think we will see some improvement in his post game but I don't think he will ever have the footwork Kobe and Hakeem posses.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddai
    Lebron's next level is not actually the post game, but his off the ball catch and shoot.
    Funny thing is, his off ball catch and shoot game is really not that bad. The times he goes to it playing like a traditional SG, he looks pretty good. The offense usually calls for him to the primary ball handler so he never goes to it.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Funny thing is, his off ball catch and shoot game is really not that bad. The times he goes to it playing like a traditional SG, he looks pretty good. The offense usually calls for him to the primary ball handler so he never goes to it.
    This. Tired of people saying LeBron can't shoot. He has improved his jump shot so much compared to when he came into the league. Sure, he's not a brilliant shooter, but he's definitely above average. He's also great at creating his own shot and his shot selection is usually very good as well. He could be a little more consistent with his three pointers, though.

Banned

This is impressive because it's kinda vulnerable to go to Hakeem to work on footwork after a losing season.. But it wasn't a losing season, he was in the Finals. It's good for karma and placebo, because i could teach better footwork then Hakeem really. It's like these ******s catapult themselves into game and discover obvious things pretty late in their career. Like, try to step a little ****ing differently if the guard reads what you are doing. Jesus H ****ing Christ just do the best thing naturally. Like that 360 layup on a defender, that was pure relaxed and smooth basketball move.

JESUS.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Ruutu's Avatar

If he gets better then its over!

Saw a basketball once

Saw this earlier today... Good for him, he needs to work on his post game because as a 6'8" 250 freak, he will need to go to his post game, especially as he loses his speed later in his career.

Funny how the mere mention of Hakeem is enough for people to say dumb shit like:"it's over for the league, LeBron's gonna destroy everything, he's gonna be the GOAT, directly top 5 with just one ring..."

People still haven't learned not to put to put the cart before the horse.

Good High School Starter SmackOrH.A.K's Avatar

he sounded very humble in that espn interview.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Ruutu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SmackOrH.A.K
    he sounded very humble in that espn interview.
    He was. Maibe he is more focust now, lets hope!
    Also nice to see him helping young kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Phong
    Funny how the mere mention of Hakeem is enough for people to say dumb shit like:"it's over for the league, LeBron's gonna destroy everything, he's gonna be the GOAT, directly top 5 with just one ring..."

People still haven't learned not to put to put the cart before the horse.
    People overreact and let their optimism get the best of them. How is that so awful that you have to cry about it twice?

Local High School Star

Any video? The one op posted doesn't work for me

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    This. Tired of people saying LeBron can't shoot. He has improved his jump shot so much compared to when he came into the league. Sure, he's not a brilliant shooter, but he's definitely above average. He's also great at creating his own shot and his shot selection is usually very good as well. He could be a little more consistent with his three pointers, though.
    Yup. He can shoot. His outside jumper this year was better than Kobe. He just needs to improve his mid range in my opinion.

Last Season's outside jumpers % for both of em.
    Kobe's long range 16-23 ft 2.2FGM 5.9 FGA 38.0%
    Lebron's long range 16-23 ft 2.4FGM 5.4FGA 45.0%

Lebron needs to improve his off the ball/catch and shoot though. He can make his own jump shot, but I've noticed sometimes when he gets the ball and he's open he takes a dribble before he shoots. That tells us that his catch and shoot is weak. If Lebron had an off the ball game, I doubt his performance would be so low in the Finals this year. This finals, he'd just get the ball and hold it and let the defense load up on him. If he's working without the ball their is less pressure on defense , so he can score easier. He has to work on his mentality of the game too. He needs to know he has to get his shots too even though Wade or whatever is hot or he will get thrown of rhythm with his shots.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddai
    Yup. He can shoot. His outside jumper this year was better than Kobe. He just needs to improve his mid range in my opinion.

Last Season's outside jumpers % for both of em.
    Kobe's long range 16-23 ft 2.2FGM 5.9 FGA 38.0%
    Lebron's long range 16-23 ft 2.4FGM 5.4FGA 45.0%

Lebron needs to improve his off the ball/catch and shoot though. He can make his own jump shot, but I've noticed sometimes when he gets the ball and he's open he takes a dribble before he shoots. That tells us that his catch and shoot is weak. If Lebron had an off the ball game, I doubt his performance would be so low in the Finals this year. This finals, he'd just get the ball and hold it and let the defense load up on him. If he's working without the ball their is less pressure on defense , so he can score easier. He has to work on his mentality of the game too. He needs to know he has to get his shots too even though Wade or whatever is hot or he will get thrown of rhythm with his shots.

you people are so dumb.....James got most of his jumpers off of screens or being played off...We all saw what happened to his J when constested the way Guys Like Durant, Melo and Kobe are contested on their jumpers......He still can't shoot consistently and under tough defense like those guys

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    you people are so dumb.....James got most of his jumpers off of screens or being played off...We all saw what happened to his J when constested the way Guys Like Durant, Melo and Kobe are contested on their jumpers......He still can't shoot consistently and under tough defense like those guys
    You mean like in the Chicago series?

Being a steak shooter doesn't mean he can't shoot when defense tightens up; it just means there are periods when he's very on and very off.