Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Can anybody be a fan of Jordan/Kobe/Lebron simultaneously

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    I am... there is a difference between being a fan and a STAN...

I'm not really a fan of Kobe, but he's at least tolerable as long as he's wearing a Lakers jersey. I root for the Lakers to win, so by default, I root for Kobe to win as well.

However, if he ever ended up on some other team (that isn't Miami or Orlando) I'll like him about as much as I like Carmelo Anthony.

Although I respect Jordan's greatness, I've never been a Bulls fan nor have I ever rooted for him to win. Great player, I just have to particular connection to him.

Made that high school varsity squad

I'm a fan of Kobe so i obviously have to be a fan of MJ, even though i didn't see him play that much. But since Kobe learned alot from MJ, can't help but to be a fan of him, plus he's the GOAT.

Lebron, ehhh i guess. His fans i don't like but he himself seems like a great guy who just wants to be liked by everyone. His playing style doesn't really excite me though, but i kinda rooted for him in the finals b/c i knew if he would've lost to OKC, the HATE would've been at an ALL time high and i would've just felt bad for him.

It's definitely possible to be a fan of all 3. I personally can't say that I am a fan of all 3. Michael Jordan is my 2nd favorite player of All-Time. Kobe I've gone back and forth on forever and probably always will. I hated Kobe during the Shaq/Kobe years but it was mostly because my most hated player of All-Time is Shaq, I hate the Lakers in general, I felt the refs gave them preferential treatment and I hated almost every one of the players on those teams. I have always been a fan of Kobe's game however, he's easily one of the 5 most exciting players I've ever watched play. If Kobe played on a team I didn't hate (and never played with Shaq, because I pretty much always ended up hating his teammates too because of how much I hated him, lol) then he'd probably be one of my favorite players ever.

As for LeBron, I've always hated him and his game. Like one of the other posters said, I find his game to very boring and ugly. I've hated him pretty much since the day I saw his "Chosen One" tattoo, which was when they were showing his High School games on TV. The media, from Day 1 has made me hate LeBron, because he's been force fed down our throats on TV from his Senior year in High School as if he was already the greatest player to ever play the game. I don't like his personality, his sense of self entitlement, like he's preordained to be the best and that if he isn't considered the best it's just wrong. On top of that, he played for the Cavs, I hate all Cleveland teams in general as well. There are many other reasons I hate LeBron ("The Decision" is NOT one of them).

Some of those reasons might seem silly, in some ways I agree they are but it just is what it is. I'm capable of being objective about all 3 players, despite whether I hate them or like them and I don't try to downplay anything they do based on my opinion of them as a fan and I don't choose to believe one is better than the other because of my opinion of them as a fan. They will probably go down as the 3 greatest perimeter players of All-Time when all is said and done.
    Last edited by RIP CITY; 07-21-2012 at 11:04 PM.

I respect them and don't hate Kobe and Jordan, but I do dislike them because Kobe and Jordan played for the Lakers and Bulls, two teams I don't like.

Can anyone think that steak, pizza AND chicken are ALL good, enjoyable foods?

I SAY NO!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops

I SAY NO!!!

Kobe is clearly pizza. Steak needs a lot of help to be right and can easily be awful (lerbon james and refs) where as pizza I mean its just good. no matter what. Even when pizza is bad its great.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Can someone be a fan of Michael Jackson, Elvins Presley and the Beatles at the same time?
    Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops

I SAY NO!!!

Fanhood is different. You're supposed to be loyal to the team that you follow. Not become a fairweather fan of all the elite players in the league and bandwagon the teams that they happen to play for.

The answer to the OP's question is no. You can appreciate the game of different players and enjoy watching them play. But to be a fan of all of them? Root for the flavor of the month to win? No. A legit Laker fan, for example, can't also declare himself to be a LeBron/Heat fan.

Don't put a chocker with two legends boy.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    If you're a REAL NBA fan, you can be a fan of all 3 cuz you're a fan of the game, and not just a particular player. While you can still have your favorite(s), that doesn't override simple common sense and logic when it comes to discussing the game.
    pretty much this its alright to have a favorite player but dont let your favoritism get in the way when comparing players and discussing basketball

Fans tend to acknowledge the weaknesses and shortcomings of their favorite player. The stans on the other hand get a bit defensive

You can usually start a heated argument with a

Jordan stan - anything kobe related, usually the most defensive & arrogant of the three.

Kobe stan - diminish Kobe's greatness (a.k.a rode shaq's nuts or he's not on par with MJ, etc),

LBJ stan -

I'm somewhere in between of an MJ stan/fan. And a huuuge Kobe fan
    Last edited by scandisk_; 07-22-2012 at 01:47 AM.

Not airballing my layups anymore Metroid's Avatar

I used to be, before I started reading Kobe comments from teenagers on Youtube and insidehoops.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

I love Wade & Bosh... but i keep hearing many say they are superstars...

One averaged 14-7... basically Horace Grant numbers, minus the defense...

The other played only like a random 22 ppg all-star SG, if he played like a superstar then what do we consider somebody like Westbrook? MEGASTAR?

To call a player a superstar based on name value is absolutely stupefying when there is no abundant superstar production...

The only one who played like a superstar in Miami was Lebron... they go as far as only he can take them...
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...nt=1&p=7474395

....and it's pretty obvious, you're clueless as to what that difference is

Local High School Star

sure! i am a fan because they are the best players (alongside Duncan and Shaq) i have seen. as a basketballfan you cant deny their talent and i am always amazed how good they are/were.