Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-07-2007, 09:25 PM   #46
kentatm
NBA Legend

Default Re: AnyOne Else Feel The More The Mavs Win, The More Likely They'll Lose In The Playo

as long as the Spurs keep that #3 seed and Dallas stays #1, the Mavs won't meet the Suns or Spurs until the WCFs. That alone is a big help.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:27 PM   #47
Locked_Up_Tonight
Good college starter

Default Re: AnyOne Else Feel The More The Mavs Win, The More Likely They'll Lose In The Playo

I wonder if people were saying the same things about the 76ers, the Bulls, the Lakers when they were doing what the Mavs were doing?

I have no idea what the Mavs future holds... but I'm willing to bet that if it was any other team doing what the Mavs are doing now... yall wouldn''t even create this topic.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:32 PM   #48
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
I wonder if people were saying the same things about the 76ers, the Bulls, the Lakers when they were doing what the Mavs were doing?

I have no idea what the Mavs future holds... but I'm willing to bet that if it was any other team doing what the Mavs are doing now... yall wouldn''t even create this topic.

that is because of the fact that last years Finals were a complete joke...

in fact, after last year, I am prepared for anything that happens this year...if the refs want a certain team to win then that team will win...simple as that...maybe Nash will be this year's D.Whistle
Old 03-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #49
mas
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

i hope
mas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:41 PM   #50
The_Masterplan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Weird statement. Lets look at the top 3 guys on both teams:

Dirk - 37 minutes
Josh Howard - 36 minutes
Jason Terry - 35 minutes

Steve Nash - 35 minutes
Amare Stoudemire - 33 minutes
Marion - 39 minutes

Seems to me the top guys on the Mavericks actaully play more minutes then the top 3 on the Suns.

lol by 1 minute. What a difference!!!

But nevertheless the mavs do play more minutes but it isnt hurting them.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:10 PM   #51
SupermanOnSteroids
Banned

amare averaged 41mpg last month. luckily for suns, he is starting to become dominant again. lets hope his knee stays a-ok from here on out.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #52
raiderfan19
Shazam!

mind telling me why you rounded josh's 35.4 up and steves 35.3 down?
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:17 PM   #53
raiderfan19
Shazam!

the suns also play raja 38 minutes a night and barbosa and diaw play over 32minutes a night too. dallas on the other hand has NO one outside of the 3 already mentioned playing more than 26 minutes a night. there is absolutely no question which team plays the top of its roster more minutes.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:37 PM   #54
-primetime-

Default Re: AnyOne Else Feel The More The Mavs Win, The More Likely They'll Lose In The Playoffs

wow, the more i think about this the more i start to realize that the Suns will not be anywhere near 100% healthy come play-off time...
Old 03-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #55
Locked_Up_Tonight
Good college starter

The Mavs are 51-9. They have 22 games to play. If they go a meager 14-8 the rest of the way, they will win 65 games. I think it's fair to assume they will win at least 65 games.

Here's how all prior 65-game winners in NBA history have fared:

95-96 Bulls; 72-10; NBA Champions
71-72 Lakers; 69-13; NBA Champions
96-97 Bulls; 69-13; NBA Champions
72-73 Celtics; 68-14; Lost in Conference Finals
66-67 Sixers; 68-13; NBA Champions
91-92 Bulls; 67-15; NBA Champions
99-00 Lakers; 67-15; NBA Champions
85-86 Celtics; 67-15; NBA Champions
70-71 Bucks; 66-16; NBA Champions
86-87 Lakers; 65-17; NBA Champions
82-82 Sixers; 65-17; NBA Champions

If the Mavs win 65 games, history says they are very likely to win the title.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:48 PM   #56
aj242
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default I haven't read one every page in this thread.

However I agree with the threadstarter. Dallas is terrific & certainly should be the favorite but when things go this well you just wonder if something weird is going to happen.

Like Dirk or Howard twisting an ankle in a crucial game in the playoffs.

You just don't want your first taste of adversity in the playoffs.
aj242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:35 AM   #57
HardBodyThug
Banned

Default Re: AnyOne Else Feel The More The Mavs Win, The More Likely They'll Lose In The Playoffs

raiderfan19 was posting real heavy in this thread...where is he now?
HardBodyThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:23 AM   #58
NASH = BEST
On Campus Baby ; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlever

To me it's all but inevitable for this to happen. Fans making threads about going for 70. Multiple double digit winning streaks. The media leading these guys with their news coverage with every game they win. Winning 51 of their first 60. Doing things in a season that no other team that hasn't won the ring have done.

Seriously, all this reeks of these guys losing in the playoffs. Plus you got San Antonio in the background playing pressure free basketball with a underdog tag around their collar. If I were a Mavs fan, I would not feel too comfortable right now. Things just seem too easy. To me it appears with every game you win, the more unneccessary pressure you guys are putting on yourselves. If I were Avery, once the Mavs lock up home court for the playoffs, I immediately start resting people. Forget all that talki about 70. Hell, I wouldn't mind a three or four game losing streak just before the end of the season to help these guys refocus on what's truly important.

I say, go ahead and win the ring this year and focus on 70 next year with some hardware behind you next season. Easy call for me, what do you think?

Props on this call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
I feel the more the Mavs win in the regular season the more likely Avery will throw Dirk under the bus in the playoffs to protect his coaching career..

Another good call, Props!
NASH = BEST is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: