Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-19-2011, 12:59 AM   #1
Draz
The People's Choice

Default 16 year old kid kills his mother over playstation & attempts to cremate her

Quote:
Michael McWhertor — 16-Year-Old Confesses To Killing Mom Over PlayStation Philadelphia teenager Kendall Anderson confessed in court to murdering his sleeping mother after she confiscated his PlayStation. And if you don't like crime-related video games stories with terrible, sickening endings, don't go any further. This one is perhaps the worst.

Anderson's confession, read in court by Philadelphia police homicide detective Thorsten Lucke, admits to attacking his mother, Rashida, with a claw hammer, attempting to cremate her in the kitchen oven and ultimately beating her to death with a chair leg. He reported her missing to police the next day, then confessed to Philadelphia police.

Kendall Anderson added to his confession: "If I could, I would not do it again. I really miss my mom . . . she was the only person who cared for me," reports Philadelphia's Inquirer.

Source: http://kotaku.com/#!5761288/16+year+...er-playstation

This is by far the most devistating thing that can occur because of video games. Honestly, I love playing them, but there's a certain measure of extent to which enough is enough, to plot & kill your mother single handidly cold blooded way of any devlish scheme, you belong not in jail but in a target facility where your awaiting execution by guns.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: 16 year old kid kills his mother over playstation & attempts to cremate her

Hopefully he didn't play any violent and awesome games. You know people will jump on that if it were the case. I would hate to see gaming get attacked because of this. That would be a tragedy. Oh and the mom too, I guess.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:02 AM   #3
kentatm
NBA Legend

Default Re: 16 year old kid kills his mother over playstation & attempts to cremate her

he didnt kill her b/c of the games, he killed her b/c he had serious emotional issues.

he would have snapped regardless if he was that emotionally unstable that being punished caused him to kill.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:03 AM   #4
Dionysus
Banned

Horrible tragedy, but maybe she took the playstation in a disrespectful way. We really don't know the whole story.
Dionysus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:09 AM   #5
Kungfro
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus
Horrible tragedy, but maybe she took the playstation in a disrespectful way. We really don't know the whole story.

You mean like shutting his game off before he could save?
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:11 AM   #6
hayden695
College star

Quote:
You have got to be kidding me.

Anyways, the kid is deranged, good that he confessed and will be put away somewhere. Like others have said, it would be stupid to go after games for this, but I can definitely see it happening.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:13 AM   #7
Draz
The People's Choice

Dang. It's pathetic he admitted it to.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:16 AM   #8
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungfro
You mean like shutting his game off before he could save?
I chuckled slightly.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:16 AM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:

There is no need for the whole story. No excuse to kill your mouth. You're stupid. And have potential to kill your parents. I'm contacting Jeff for your isp. They need to be warned about their deranged son in his room.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:19 AM   #10
Walduś
Banned

Quote:
this, the mother turned off the ps and auto save mode was probably turned off.
Walduś is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:20 AM   #11
AirTupac
♕YDK GANG♕

I don't even know what to say to this story...
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:21 AM   #12
PistonsFan#21
NBA lottery pick

Atleast now he has his playstation back and can now spend his free time in jail playing video games...oh wait...
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:21 AM   #13
rezznor
Nosetradamus

shit like this happens all the time. a few years back in here in houston some asian kid killed his parents cuz they wouldn't let him go to a party. he killed them and then went out and partied like it was nothing.

i dont know if it's just easier for kids to get ****ed up in the head nowadays, or maybe we are just hearing about it more now.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:24 AM   #14
kaiiu
Banned

damn lil punk ass ni99a doe like
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:25 AM   #15
hayden695
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiiu
damn lil punk ass ni99a doe like
Is doe good or bad? I have seen you use it about a million different ways.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: