Page 1 of 24 123411 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default The 1st Anime/Manga Draft

GO TO THE 3RD PAGE[COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]

Since we're having a comic book draft, I thought we'd f*ck this up Jap style.

1. There are 5 rounds
    2. Every round has a randomized order
    3. A pick has a 8 hour time limit
    4. If you fail to abide by the time limit, your pick will be moved down at the end of the round
    5. Upon a second failure to meet the time limit, your pick will be moved down to the end of the draft.
    6. Each team can only have one character per series, Ex. so if you draft Krillin with the #1 pick, that means no SSJ4 Gogeta for you
    7. Each round can only have one character per series, Ex. if someone drafts Edward Elric in a round, Alphone Elric cannot be drafted, nor anyone else from FMA, until the round is over.
    8. Only 1 form of a player can be drafted, Ex. if you draft Yusuke Urameshi (Base Form), then Yusuke Urameshi (Demon Form) is off limits, same thing with Goku, Ichigo, etc.
    9. An extension of #4, you can also only draft a certain age of a character. So if you draft SSJ2 Teen Gohan, that means Adult Gohan, Kid Gohan, Great Saiyaman, etc is off limits.
    10. If you draft a Pokemon Trainer, you must pick a Pokemon that they obtain in the manga. So if you draft Red, you have to specify which Pokemon he is using, so Red (Poliwrath) or Red (Pikachu). Rule #4 applies here as well, if someone drafts Red (Poliwrath), then nobody else can draft another Red.
    11. If you are using a Yu Gi Oh! character, you have to use a card they summon. Ex. Yugi (Dark Magician) or Kaiba (Blue Eyes White Dragon)
    12. Cases like rules #6 and #7 will probably come up again and will be addressed.
    13. You have to prove that the character is canon if it is in question. Canon is defined by the original writers intention. Sadly, SSJ5 Goku or Xicor, or SSJ4 Gohan is not canon, because those extensions of the characters are from Dragon Ball AF, which is not from the original writer. Same thing with video games, SSJ3 Vegeta and LSSJ3 Broly from Raging Blast are off limits.
    14. More subjective rules can be added depending on the anime/manga.
    15. When you make a draft pick, you must post proof the the characters validity.
    16. ABSOLUTELY NO OMNIPOTENT CHARACTERS!
    17. ABSOLUTELY NO REALITY WARPING CHARACTERS!
    18. If you have a character with a robot, you either have to pick the character or the robot. You can't have both.
    19. In combat, you may only have a 1 on 1 battle

DB1. On Dragon Ball fusions: If someone drafts a fused character, then you may draft their fusees. Ex. If Gogeta is drafted, then you may still draft Goku and Vegeta.
    DB2. Due to Rule #19 of the Main Rules, if you have a fusion dance character, when your time limit runs out you are disqualified.

So...

...lets begin...

1. TennesseeFan
    2. Nick Young
    3. Mr I'm So Rad
    4. Kaiiu
    5. GatorKid117
    6. TimmyDForMVP
    7. kaiteng

Quote Originally Posted by Example Pick

Round 2 Pick 5: Mewtwo from Pocket Monsters

Link: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...)#In_the_anime
    Last edited by TennesseeFan; 10-12-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Banned

Default Re: The 1st Anime/Manga Draft

ill be in this

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

dragon ball characters shouldnt be allowed

Dragon Ball Z guys can rip these guys to shreds!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson
    dragon ball characters shouldnt be allowed
    If you read the rules, you would understand that each team can only have 1 Dragon Ball character, the same goes with every other series.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    Ill do it. But u gotta tell me wat all series we can use
    Pretty much any authentic Japanese anime/manga characters. I'm going to make another rule that you have to prove that the character is canon when you make your pick.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu

Edit_ by the way if it gotta be canon y u got ss4 Gogeta lol
    Because Akira Toryiama, the founder of Dragon Ball, co-produced and helped with illustration for GT.

Some fans do not consider GT canon due to the fact that this series was not directly written by Akira Toriyama. Additionally, GT was not originally produced as manga like its predecessors Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, and contains minor events which seem inconsistent with its predecessor anime adaptation (see list of inconsistencies in Dragon Ball GT).

Though Toriyama did not personally write GT, he did strictly oversee its production; this was the same process that was used during the production of the anime series Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. He drew a rough design for the GT logo, and he designed the GT appearance of the series main cast, as well as the appearances of Giru and the GT spaceship used in the Black Star Dragon Ball Saga. He also drew at least three color pictures of Goku, Pan, and Trunks adventuring on various planets (Monmaasu, Rudeeze, and an unnamed planet).
    http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_GT

When I say canon, I have a specific meaning for the word described in the rules. Canon in regards to this draft is "any character created or produced by the original writer of the series." Therefore, Dragon Ball GT is valid in this sense.

Banned

I know atleast 11 guys who would destroy Goku. He can destroy planets but there are guys who throw galaxies around like ninja stars

Banned

Let's start this shit now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Let's start this shit now.
    One more person!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    I'm in, but don't expect my picks to be, well, "mainstream".
    As long as you can prove their authenticity, then its good. Personally, I'm in this for the exposure

LilBTheBasedGod
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Can I join?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LilBTheBasedGod
    Can I join?
    No you f@ggot!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeFan