Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Laker News: Welcome back, Luke Walton.

Excited to have Luke Walton as our head coach next season. Great pedigree. Champion as a player, protege of Phil Jackson and Steve Kerr, with the best win record as head coach this season(39-4), and the best start in NBA history (24-0).

Realistically, he has the chance to be the next Phil Jackson with his youth and background. Maybe he will be able to get his dad an assistant coach to work with our bigs.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Welcome back Luke

I wonder if the hiring of Luke will change what their ideas are for the roster. Maybe the Lakers try to go after people to play small ball kind of like GS does. I can't see Luke wanting a guy like Hibbert who is super slow around. Without some big time moves, it doesn't really matter who the coach is too much. They need a top 2 pick and a big time FA signing (or two). Then they could turn things around a bit.

NBA lottery pick

It sounds like he's interested in adding Brian Shaw to the staff.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-shaw-to-staff

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    It sounds like he's interested in adding Brian Shaw to the staff.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-shaw-to-staff
    I know there should be a ton of interest on Vogel and possibly Joerger but I would hate to know that there's a low budget in hiring assistant coaches, this is the Lakers for crying out loud, they should have the money to lure these guys. Luke desperately need experience on the bench, Rivers has TWO ex head coaches.

NBA lottery pick

I would doubt those guys would want to be assistants. Otherwise they would for sure have jobs.

I would doubt those guys would want to be assistants. Otherwise they would for sure have jobs.
    Woodson did good at Atlanta, Lawrence did good at New Jersey both are serving as assistants to Rivers.
    Same with Monty and Cheeks at OKC.
    Or Nate McMillan who did good at Portland, now at Indiana.
    Or they could research the best assistant coaches around the league and lure them away.
    My point is, they should do everything they can and protect their priced investments, put Luke and the whole team in the best position to succeed.

Default Re: Laker News: Welcome back, Luke Walton.

Luuuuuke!

This is potentially our rotation for next year.

Russell/Clarkson/Durant/Randle/Whiteside
    Huertas/Williams/Ingram/Nance Jr/Bass/

I'm really high on Kris Dunn, even though we will probably take Ingram. Either way, this would be pretty damn strong.

NBA lottery pick

At some point they're going to have to decide if Russell is a PG or a SG. I don't think he and Clarkson can be the starting back court for the long haul. Sure Kris Dunn is going to be good, but he also plays the same position as Russell. Makes no sense to draft him.

At some point they're going to have to decide if Russell is a PG or a SG. I don't think he and Clarkson can be the starting back court for the long haul. Sure Kris Dunn is going to be good, but he also plays the same position as Russell. Makes no sense to draft him.
    Kris Dunn was defensive poy and overall poy of the big east TWICE. As a four year player, he would be more likely to be able to contribute NOW. Shaun Livingston has been an integral part of GSW success even though they have Curry.

If todays game really is a guard game as it appears to be, it makes more sense to get Dunn than an 18-19 year old forward.

NBA lottery pick

The only reason Livingston is a back up is because he had a devastating injury. Otherwise he'd be crushing it and a starter on a team. Chris Paul trade may have never happened to the Clippers at that point. You don't waste two lottery picks on the same position. Ask the Timberwolves how that works out. You don't draft Russell third last year if you don't think he can be a very good starter in the NBA. And judging from last season it looks like he will be. I think Dunn will be really good too. But there would have to be something from Ingram and Simmons between now and then that would show me they really aren't going to be good to not draft one of them. And even then the Lakers would probably still not draft a PG.

The only reason Livingston is a back up is because he had a devastating injury. Otherwise he'd be crushing it and a starter on a team. Chris Paul trade may have never happened to the Clippers at that point. You don't waste two lottery picks on the same position. Ask the Timberwolves how that works out. You don't draft Russell third last year if you don't think he can be a very good starter in the NBA. And judging from last season it looks like he will be. I think Dunn will be really good too. But there would have to be something from Ingram and Simmons between now and then that would show me they really aren't going to be good to not draft one of them. And even then the Lakers would probably still not draft a PG.
    Dunn is going to be an elite lockdown perimeter defender that we so desperately need. We have tons of cap space and will be able to fill our need for a starting sf and center through free agency. barnes, derozan, batum, whiteside, horford, are all available to us.

russell/clarkson/dunn/williams would be the best guard rotation in the league.

NBA lottery pick

That would literally be the opposite of what the Sixers have done (which isn't a good thing). Philly drafted all bigs. The Lakers would then be drafting a ton of PG's. It's just not smart. Like I said, not that I don't think Dunn will be good. I just think you need a complete team. And all of those FA's aren't coming to LA. Hopefully they can snag one.

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    Dunn is going to be an elite lockdown perimeter defender that we so desperately need. We have tons of cap space and will be able to fill our need for a starting sf and center through free agency. barnes, derozan, batum, whiteside, horford, are all available to us.

russell/clarkson/dunn/williams would be the best guard rotation in the league.
    I'm sorry but I don't consider anybody can be "lockdown defender" right now bec teams have basically run a ton of pick and rolls and also with the no hand check rule. Almost all prolific players rely heavily on screens, heck even Steph, Lilliard and Westbrook usually don't get most of their points without a pick.
    The best defender I've seen so far is Bradley but I pick Thomas as their best player. If Dunn can surely give you 18pts and is a future HOF, then having him next to Russell is not a bad idea but I just don't see it unlike both Simmons and Ingram.

♫♪♫

I have a homegirl who ****ed Luke n farmar for kicks in Vegas , I'm glad she can say she ****ed the lakers head coach instead of a lakers scrub !! Let's go coach Walton !!!!