Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: what are the odds of losing a HCA game 7??

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Subtle way to prop up LeBron
    If I were intentionally trying to doing so I would have said LeBron instead of Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    There is absolutely nothing subtle about that ****** troll.
    "[I]Eliminating conference distinctions in the playoffs would

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    BS. Game 7s are different from games 1-6. The level of intensity goes up even a higher notch. That's why people play for HCA. To play game 7 at home if it has to come to that. Everyone knows most teams can win on the road at least once in games 1-6. That's a given fact. But game 7 is different.
    You have to demonstrate your theory with stats or it

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

How many higher seeds have won 2 on the road and still didn't win the series?

HCA doesn't seem to mean anything in this series. Pop is gonna lose this series playing Parker so much. Play the HOT hand - whoever it is on the night.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Subtle way to prop up Ray Allen
    fixed that

Learning to shoot layups

The odds of losing a g7 at home depend on the respective quality of teams. Statistical analysis has shown that home court advantage is worth a little bit over 3 points. These two teams are almost dead even by the different advanced metrics. Given that HCA is worth about 3 points, I would guess there odds of victory are a little over 60%. I wouldn't consider either team chokers for losing this game.

This is why HCA matters. Had this game been in SAS, the Clips would've lost. Anyone going to dispute this given how close this series was?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    This is why HCA matters. Had this game been in SAS, the Clips would've lost. Anyone going to dispute this given how close this series was?
    Clippers still could have won without HCA but it would have been extremely hard. Your larger point is correct: HCA matters which means the regular season matters.

I bet you the game Pop will think about all off-season is the game they tossed away to the Knicks. If they had won that game they would have had a Dallas team in disarray and gotten to play LAC with HCA.

Statisticians have consistently shown HCA has a real value in the NBA. The studies I've seen shows it is worth around 3 points a game. When you have a coin toss series, which this was, everything matters.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sp6r=underrated
    Clippers still could have won without HCA but it would have been extremely hard. Your larger point is correct: HCA matters which means the regular season matters.

I bet you the game Pop will think about all off-season is the game they tossed away to the Knicks. If they had won that game they would have had a Dallas team in disarray and gotten to play LAC with HCA.

Statisticians have consistently shown HCA has a real value in the NBA. The studies I've seen shows it is worth around 3 points a game. When you have a coin toss series, which this was, everything matters.
    why go back that far. they literally gave up there number 2 seed on the last game of the season. That was also when i knew they would lose to the clippers in 7