Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-07-2007, 07:39 AM   #1
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Parker Struggling To Fit In With Heat

http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/298519.html

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO -- Moments after he finished interviews with reporters Tuesday, Heat guard Smush Parker walked back to the security door that leads to the team locker room.

It was locked. He didn't have an access card and, he said, his fingerprint wasn't on file yet in the arena's sophisticated system.

Simply put: Parker was on the outside looking in.

''I hope they're not trying to tell me something,'' Parker joked. ``I don't know if that's a bad sign or what.''

The situation might best describe Parker's status at this point in the season. Parker, a former Los Angeles Lakers point guard who was the Heat's biggest free agent acquisition, enters his fourth game of the season still uncertain of his role with Miami.

He has not played in the past two games. And he is not guaranteed to be in the rotation Wednesday night, when the Heat (0-3) visits the defending champion Spurs.

The Heat faces a difficult stretch as it tries to overcome a slow start without leading scorer Dwyane Wade, who traveled with the team but is not expected to play as he continues his recovery from knee and shoulder surgeries. His absence has left a huge void in the backcourt.

When Parker signed his two-year deal in July, there was talk he would push incumbent Jason Williams for the starting job. But four games into the season, Parker has yet to supplant undrafted second-year guard Chris Quinn as the top backup.

A TOUGH FIT

Heat coach Pat Riley said Tuesday that Parker still has yet to factor into the mix at point guard and is better suited as a reserve shooting guard -- where minutes also are tough to come by behind Ricky Davis and rookie Daequan Cook.

''No, he hasn't [shown enough],'' Riley said when asked why Parker has remained on the bench the past two games. ``That's the reason. He'll get his chance. He's more of a scoring point [guard]. I really don't need that right now. What I want is somebody who'll get us organized.''

That, apparently, has been Quinn.

Parker said he met with Riley on Tuesday to clear up issues regarding his role. Riley's assessment was blunt.

''He said he didn't like the way I was running the point, running the offense,'' Parker said. ``I'm a point guard at heart, but he's playing me at [shooting guard]. I just have to reboot my system.''

The reason I have highlighted part of the article is because if Pat Riley is so unimpressed with Parker and has him benched, what was the reasoning behind signing him in the first place? We all already know Smush isn't going to give you 8-9 assists a game, more like 4-5, so if Miami needed a PG without the scorers mentality, why sign him?
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:10 AM   #2
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation
Default Re: Parker Struggling To Fit In With Heat

NOBODY can fit in the Heat right now... no Wade no wins i tell you... they prepare to suffer the fate the Celtics got last season when PP was out... then get ready to see the OJ Mayo/D-Wade era!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Smush parker is just an idiot. in one game against the Pacers I believe, I saw him on a 3 on 1 fast break do a behind the back pass which skirted off of Ricky Davis' fingertips.

stupid Parker.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:11 AM   #4
InfamousDX
Serious playground baller

InfamousDX has decent reputation

Where DOES smush fit in? no where i know....
InfamousDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:12 AM   #5
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousDX
Where DOES smush fit in? no where i know....

The Local High school basketball team
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #6
kidachi

Smush was great in 05-06 through midway 06-07, i wish he could go back to that..

today, he's confidence is very very low. he seems nervous every time he's on the floor.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:39 AM   #7
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Used to think that Detroit and Laker fans were exaggerating, but Parker really isn't all that good. SMH @ being benched at the beginning of the season.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:57 AM   #8
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Not take a personal shot but the guy is just not that bright. Has has respectable athletic ability, and passable skills, but there is not enough going on upstairs to effectively make use of them. As general rule I'd advise against hiring a man named "Smush" for any position requiring higher thought.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #9
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

That was the starting PG for the Lakers the last two seasons.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #10
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle

That was the starting PG for the Lakers the last two seasons.
Must be soooo refreshing seeing D-Fish back there again after the Smush era. :
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #11
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab

It was refreshing the day the Lakers told Smush they wouldnt resign him, let alone bringing in a veteran, a leader, and a class act in Fisher.

Its funny that Riley made that acquisition. Beginning of the offseason, he made a comment on how if hes going to express one of his needs, he will aim high. Gave Billups as an example to fill in for PG. Then he proceeds to sign Smush and Penny gts has that quote somewhere
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:05 PM   #12
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab

lol you dont even know. I honestly would post so much smush hating posts in the laker forums. His atitude is garbage and it shows when he plays.

I would much rather have earl boykins than smush. Why they picked up smush after his horrendous end in LA and not pick up boykins is very strange. Boykins is instant offense off the bench
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #13
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Nobody understood why the Heat signed Smush at the time. Maybe Riley thought Jason Williams was broken beyond repair, and Pat figured he had to get someone/anyone to fill in. Now that Williams has turned out to be healthy, there's no reason to put Smush on the floor.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #14
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

he's turnover prone. plus, he tries to show off when a simple play would suffice.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: